1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wife is voting for Trump

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sooo, what’s your solution?

2. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trust in the Almighty Sovereign hand of God.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More for the devil to roast :Devilish

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about the atheists? Don’t they get a say? You would have them become the new electoral majority… thus eliminating any praying Christian’s. I’m afraid your idealism would be just the ticket for communists to take charge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem resides in your last statement, "I'm afraid."
    What are we called to do by our King? Are we called to vote or are we called to be Ambassadors of Reconciliation to our King who rules over all?

(2 Corinthians 5:11-21)
    Because we understand our fearful responsibility to the Lord, we work hard to persuade others. God knows we are sincere, and I hope you know this, too. Are we commending ourselves to you again? No, we are giving you a reason to be proud of us, so you can answer those who brag about having a spectacular ministry rather than having a sincere heart. If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit. Either way, Christ’s love controls us. Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life. He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them. So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe that Christ was an idealist?

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't even understand this question.
    Do you think Christ was a pragmatist?
    Do you think Christ was a communist?
    Your question makes no sense. It's like you're looking for an excuse to vote for a known narcissist.

9. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Democrats are making a big mistake if they stick with Biden, but unless Biden himself chooses not to run, they're going to be stuck with him.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If not “Brain Dead” Joey then who… not his current VP and definitely not Gavin nuisance.

We have the same problem in New Jersey with this Democratic block in state politics. Our current Governor is a full out democrat who is in lock step with the democratic machine, the green agenda, wokeness and taxing the heck out of the NJ citizens. Here is an example.

Murphy Pushes Ban On Gas Cars By 2035

#110 Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 22, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think a minute pal… I asked you a pretty simple question but you are looking for an excuse not to answer and why is that? Also I never indicated I would vote for Trump, it is you who made that supposition. For the record, it’s my wife that made that decision, after reviewing the list of numb skulls running.

#111 Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 22, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever voted for someone for the office of POTUS?
    If yes...and according to the bar you have set in this thread...
    Please tell us which sinless, perfect human being you voted for?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Gavin Newsom would make a good candidate, actually. He's confident and youthful. I definitely don't support his policies, so I wouldn't vote for him, but I think he could grab some swing voters better than Biden. I agree on VP Harris. She's a non-starter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting they blame the low polling on his handling of Israel/Hamas war.

They don’t think it’s the immigration crisis, don’t think it’s the crime wave destroying cities, don’t think it’s inflation, don’t think it’s Afghan withdrawal (totally disaster), don’t think it’s the fact he is unable to walk up a flight of stairs or complete a sentence without a gaffe, don’t think it’s a weaponized justice department, don’t think it’s the obvious bribes he’s taken and decisions he has made based on the bribes……

oh no…. He has stated he supports Israel so that’s why, in their minds, his approval numbers are low.

peace to you

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A lot of what you listed was already "baked in the cake," though. The Israel/Hamas war just adds something new to the mix to peel off a little bit more approval. Take me, for instance. I already disapprove of Biden's job, so whether or not I support his handling of the Israel/Hamas war doesn't move the needle. Even if he handles it perfectly, I still disapprove overall because of all the other factors. Polling on the war might be catching some folks who were barely still in the approval column.

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do understand that. A lot of younger folks, brainwashed in high school and college by radical teachers are upset by the support for Israel.

Peace to you

17. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you aware that the Israeli government is almost entirely godless? Did you know that the Hamas government is almost entirely godless?
    Why then would Christians support either government? Would you support Ahab and Jezebel just because they aren't the Assyrians?

My call is for all Israel and all Palestinians to repent or they all too will perish. (Luke 13)

18. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever voted for someone for the office of POTUS?
    If yes...and according to the bar you have set in this thread...
    Please tell us which sinless, perfect human being you voted for?

19. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't voted for any sinless, perfect person. My King never asked us to vote. He just declared himself King of Kings and Lord of Lord's.

In my past ignorance I voted for many cringe worthy candidates who are/were vile creatures of hell. My conscience cannot vote that way again. What happens upon this earth will happen by God's appointment and I will submit to whichever godless government is in place. That is my obedient requirement by my King.

20. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know the Israeli government is almost entirely godless? Do you live in Israel? Can you name 10 members of the government you claim to be godless?

The US supports Israel, I hope, not for religious reasons but because they are an ally and partner in the region. It is a secular partnership, not religious.

You have, in various threads declared the church in America to be apostate, declared a professing Christian to be unsaved and anti-Christ because you personal don’t like the way he talks, and now claim the leaders of Israel to be godless.

Did God give you a special ability to determine whether people are saved or not? Can you look inside a person and determine whether or not God Holy Spirit indwells?

peace to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.