1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Occupy Group Disrupt Rose Parade?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Dec 31, 2011.

?
  1. Yes, it is their right as Americans....

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No, they will only put a negative end to a beautiful event....

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. It doesn't matter either way, I'll turn off the televison when they come on....

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. It was a surprise, but, it should help keep the peace....

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. This movement is like a bad seed, and should not be given preferential treatment

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. See my comments....

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

No flowers, no parade.

I dont' want to see recycled plastic bags. :rolleyes: They can go occupy a park somewhere. Occupying for the sake of occupying is non-productive. Go find something productive to do. (even if its playing frisbee!)

However, since they aren't going to be part of the parade itself, they are free to march all they want. I can change the channel or hmm, go read a book! :D

3. mandym

mandym New Member

They need to go home, detox, take a shower, get a job, and move out of mommy and daddy's basement. Once they have done that they begin begin to get some real life experience and actually figure out what in the world they are talking about.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They need to have parents who have the guts to say "No". When they do then the chruch will be lead with boldness in doing what is right too. There is little difference in the church and the world.

Had a young man in the church years ago who tore up the church and the leaders told me how wrong it was what I did. The mother and father did not know what to do and their son had been caught several times for stealing at both the naval base and in society. They had asked for my help. When the boy tore up the church I called the police and they found out that it was the boy. When the boy got caught he began to have respect for me, but his parents did not. God took care of the dad though. In a few years he was dead along with some others who came against me. The others left the church.

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Put them to work with their plastic bags cleaning up what the numerous equestrian groups ahead of them in the parade leave behind.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Would your church employ the unemployed?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The Rose Bowl organisers can do whatever they want. It is their parade.