1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Willful Sin Kills You

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jason1, May 13, 2017.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Blind = won't see the Word
    Deaf = won't hear the Word

These terms are talking about those who won't follow the commands of the Creator. It has nothing to do with man made doctrines of trinity.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not know Jason was a denier of the Triune God. This helps explain alot about why he does not understand spiritual things such as Grace verses Law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Things in God's word Jason doesn't like he puts into his own category called "oral law." Grace is something he's never known. It's sad. You and I cannot give sight to the blind. We can only point them to the Triune God who can give sight. Remember when God made us alive and gave us our sight. It is a glorious thing...so filled with grace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, It makes a difference in my approach to debate. It does no good to debate a person about the Law and Grace when they do not have the Spirit for discernment. He will have to have an encounter with Grace for him to understand, until then, nothing we say will make any sense to him nor convince him. He must see his own wretchedness, his own inability to keep the Law and his own need for a Saviour possessing Grace.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Marcionsota is here to swoop down and steal the good seed. Take off his monocle and you'll see a wolf's eye! Watch out for these types who say this:

Psa_10:13 Why do the wrong scorn Elohim? He has said in his heart, “It is not required.”

6. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jason, my heart wishes you could understand. Those on the site with spiritual discernment can see your struggle. We were once wretched, without grace, just like you. But, God made us alive and adopted us by His grace. We who know our Father pray that one day you may know Him as your gracious Father rather than as your Judge and Executioner. You dangle by a thread, Jason. You should fear for your eternal soul and pray that God might adopt you and save you from the flames of Hell, above which you now precariously dangle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's a terrible life to live, ever worrying about stepping out of line, never knowing where that line is or if you crossed it or not, never knowing if you will be saved from the flames or not at the Judgement.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lol, you ignore all the scriptures on obedience and think nothing is required. Then you take it further and call obedience an evil thing that takes you to close to hell? That is not what scripture teaches at all.

Marcionism is a path to hell and stated here:

Luk 13:24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, because many, I say to you, shall seek to enter in and shall not be able.
    Luk 13:25 “When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Master, Master, open for us,’ and He shall answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’
    Luk 13:26 then you shall begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’
    Luk 13:27 “But He shall say, ‘I say to you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of unrighteousness.’
    Luk 13:28 “There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Aḇraham and Yitsḥaq and Yaʽaqoḇ and all the prophets in the reign of Elohim, and yourselves thrown outside.​

I've been trying to show you the way of righteous living (clearly defined in scripture), yet you scoff at it and say it is evil. Woe to those who put good for evil and evil for good.

9. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed. And we were all there, at times ignorant of our imminent doom and at other times scared to utter despair.
    How precious was that moment when God took us in His hand and saved us from the pit, which rightfully burned for our wickedness. What marvelous grace is this.

"T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear. And Grace my fears relieved. How precious did that Grace appear the hour I first believed."

10. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is repentance required? What is it? How is it done?

Is working righteousness required? What is it? How is it done?

Does willfull sin have consequences? Defiance? Rebellion? Hate? Evil? Spite?

Or does grace erase all of the above? What makes you better than a demon who believes?

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What saves us, our behavior, or Jesus alone?

12. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yhvh saves. You must come in covenant with him and become his obedient people.

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus saved me, the One who IS Yahweh in flesh, how about you?

14. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God's adoption of me is required. God's gracious choice of me, a sinner, is required.
    No works are required by God for Him to save me by His grace. God chooses to save me by His Sovereign decree.
    Willful sin has many consequences. See King David as a great example. Those disciples from God do not disqualify me from being an adopted child of God, but the do keep me from having blessed fellowship with my Father.
    I may build with wood, hay or stubble, but I will still be saved by God's grace. (1 Corinthians 3:15) It is a sad thing to miss out on such wonderful fellowship, but God's adoption is His choice, apart from works.
    My Father's choice to adopt a wicked and rebellious orphan is what makes me God's child. In my own standing I am no better than a demon. In Christ, I stand righteous and without condemnation before the throne of God. (Romans 8)

15. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So no repentance required?

16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jason, you refuse to repent. That's because you are incapable of repenting. Why? Romans 3 tells you that no one seeks after God. No one will, therefore, repent by their own initiative.
    God must first make us alive and adopt us at which point we will fall into our loving Father's arms and weep, confessing our sins to our Father. Read the story of the prodigal son.

Jason, you want to earn God's affection by your works. God tells you that you are a filthy rag that will never be clean enough by your own efforts. Tell God you're sorry all you want. You are still a criminal. The judge will still sentence you to your rightful death.
    You need God's grace and pardon to be saved, but you refuse to receive it.

17. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You still didn't answer the question

18. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sure I did. You demand repentance first, before God can redeem you. I provided scripture that tells you that no one will ever seek God, therefore they will never repent until God first redeems you and gives your spirit life. Then, and only then, will you ever repent. God must do the work first, but you, Jason, demand that humans do all the work. God tells us that everything we do is as filthy rags.
    At this point your spirit is dead to conceiving of God's grace. God's grace is foolishness to you, which is exactly what the Bible says.
    I have nothing but pity and a wish for God to open your eyes.

19. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So if you agree with repenting, how is it done?

20. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jason, you really don't get it. I have provided the answer twice. Go back. Re-read. Ask God to take away the scales on your eyes. Re-read again. Only God can help you.