1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Willful Sin Kills You

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jason1, May 13, 2017.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nice side stepping. You'd make a good dance partner!

2. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No side step. I provided everything you asked. You just can't see it...at all. I know why you can't grasp this, Jason.

3. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Because I don't accept the heretical marcion theology that throws out most of scripture? If so, I agree with you :)

4. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nope, because you are a dead man walking and have never known the grace of YHWH, the Triune God. It's sad. I pray for you, Jason.

5. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, if you're praying, you better be a law keeper:

Pro_28:9 He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination.​

6. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No condemnation and no separation from God's love for me, Jason. Read Romans 8. You fail because you are still under the law. I am loved by God because He has chosen me, a sinner who is no better than a demon. You cannot comprehend how joyful God makes me.

Romans 8:1-39
    [1]So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
    [2]And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
    [3]The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
    [4]He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.
    [5]Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.
    [6]So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
    [7]For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will.
    [8]That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.
    [9]But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)
    [10]And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.
    [11]The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.
    [12]Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to do what your sinful nature urges you to do.
    [13]For if you live by its dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live.
    [14]For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.
    [15]So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”
    [16]For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.
    [17]And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.
    [18]Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.
    [19]For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are.
    [20]Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope,
    [21]the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay.
    [22]For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
    [23]And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us.
    [24]We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don’t need to hope for it.
    [25]But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.)
    [26]And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.
    [27]And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.
    [28]And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
    [29]For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
    [30]And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory.
    [31]What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
    [32]Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?
    [33]Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself.
    [34]Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.
    [35]Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?
    [36](As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”)
    [37]No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
    [38]And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.
    [39]No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

7. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lets fix your translation vs 1:

Rom 8:1 There is, then, now no condemnation to those who are in Messiah Yeshua, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. ​

Walking according to the spirit is walking in torah. Walking according to the flesh is breaking it (as Paul says). So if you are "In Messiah" you are "In torah" because His name is "The Word of Elohim" (Rev 19:13)

You must be in obedience to not be in condemnation. You cannot walk in disobedience and think you are saved. That is utter foolishness and not what the scriptures teach.

On top of that, if you read romans, Paul fleshes this out:

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the Torah of Elohim1 according to the inward man, Footnote: 1Ps. 119:16.
    Rom 7:25 Thanks to Elohim, through יהושע Messiah our Master! So then, with the mind I myself truly serve the Torah of Elohim, but with the flesh the law of sin.
    Rom 10:1 Truly brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to Elohim for Yisra’ĕl is for deliverance.
    Rom 10:2 For I bear them witness that they have an ardour for Elohim, but not according to knowledge.
    Rom 10:3 For not knowing the righteousness of Elohim, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they did not subject themselves to1 the righteousness of Elohim. Footnote: 1Or did not obey.
    Rom 10:4 For Messiah is the goal1 of the ‘Torah unto righteousness’to everyone who believes. Footnote: 1Or end purpose; not termination. ​

8. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No need to fix God's word, Jason. You just twist God's word to keep yourself in chains and run from the freedom God provides in Christ.
    Jason, all who are dead in their trespasses and sins run from God and create a new version of God's word. I see you do that all the time.

Your blindness is obvious to the saints on this discussion board. We pray for you. In fact, I hope you one day come to faith in Christ. God has you here on this board for a reason. He is the hound of heaven. He may very well open your eyes when you least expect it. It is why I tolerate your blindness and foolish comments.

9. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is such great news that there are other saints on this board (I feared I had only found 1):

Rev 14:12 Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the commands of Elohim and the belief of Yeshua.

And I thought I should share the Good News with you:

Mat_4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. ​

But he also says:

Luk 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. ​

Repentance comes first and IS required:

Act_3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Master;
    Act 17:30 “Truly, then, having overlooked these times of ignorance, Elohim now commands all men everywhere to repent,
    Rev_2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
    Rev_2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
    Rev_3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. ​

How does one repent?

Refer to Ezekiel 18 - whole chapter​

10. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You certainly have preached the Word. If Jason would just step back and examine himself, God would certainly work with him and guide him into the Truth.

Jason, repentance unto salvation can only begin with turning from unbelief to belief at which time God would give you a new heart and the Holy Spirit to help guide you through a lifetime of the repenting you desire through the sanctifying by the Holy Spirit daily. Lot's of repenting to be done Jason, but that cannot start until you repent of your unbelief. Otherwise, God does not accept your law keeping because it is filthy without the Spirit of Christ/God in you (see Ro 8). Here is what Thomas said when He finally accepted who Jesus Christ was...."And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], My Lord and my God.".....the biblical example of belief! Is Jesus your God Jason? If not, you cannot be saved.

• Like Like x 1
  11. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    See Thomas, (John chp 20) Have you repented from unbelief to belief? Is Jesus your God?

12. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Marcionsota preaches Paul twisted:

2Pe 3:16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures.
    What makes a person taught (knowledge) and stable (foundation)? It is the torah of YHVH. Marcion is not preaching this because he thinks it is not required and is a strange thing as prophecied. When I preach the scripture (torah), then marcion swoops down to falsely accuse and eat the good seed to turn those who heard the word away from it. This is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

The message of scripture: Obey the Father, return in covenant, and hear His Son who is the Torah made flesh who brings you back in covenant and shows you how to walk it.

Eph 4:21 if indeed you have heard Him and were taught by Him, as truth is in יהושע:
    Eph 4:22 that you put off – with regard to your former way of life – the old man, being corrupted according to the desires of the deceit,
    Eph 4:23 and to be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
    Eph 4:24 and that you put on the renewed man1 which was created according to Elohim, in righteousness and set-apartness of the truth.
    A renewed man walks in righteousness (torah) and set-apartness of truth (torah)

13. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jason, you add words to the text of scripture to emphasize your pretextual beliefs, and you claim that the translation I provided was tainted. Do you see how desperate you are to make God say what you dictate? You are not a servant of the Most High God. You act as though you were His master. You then demand the following of the law, even though God presents that a chosen an adopted child of God is no longer condemned.

You literally reject God's word in order to be in chains. Then you demand that others be in chains with you. THAT is exactly what Paul condemned in his letter to the Galatians. God's word condemns your teaching, Jason.

Yet, like the Judaisers of old, you press forward with your ignorant teachings because you, in your blindness, believe you are right to demand obedience to a law, which God says He has fulfilled for us (Romans 8).

We who are chosen by God pray for you, Jason, that you might be brought to a saving faith.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jason seems only to keep those commandments (of the 613) that are convenient for him.

Also he also denies the Trinity, the deity of the second person of the Trinity (Jesus Christ) and the rebirth "ye must be born again"..

These are the teachings of the Hebrew Roots Movement (HRM) - they teach that the Law of Moses must be kept to be saved.

They are an offshoot of the Worldwide Church of God cult started by Herbert W Armstrong
    He is one of their clones.

Pray for Jason, he seems to be a thirsty, weary soul.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

HankD

15. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are still 100% wrong. I've posted hundreds of proofs from scripture and you reject them all. Repent

16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Satan provided proofs for his pretext from scripture as well. You misuse and abuse God's word. You change words to force your pretext upon God's word. You have no excuse for your actions. You are dead in your trespasses and sins. I forgive your ignorance, Jason. We were all once like you, desperately trying to prove our self-righteousness to be worthy of God's approval. We were blind and deaf even as we quoted God's word to pacify our empty souls. Every person who has been following along can attest to this truth.
    If God wills, you will one day be given sight. If not, then enjoy this life while you still have breath because Yeshua never knew you.

17. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I changed no words. Copy/paste is accurate. Knowing elohim is by keeping his commandments. Enough said

18. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sure you did. Everytime you quote the scriptures you add or subtract from the text with your own commentary.

19. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LoL

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You deny that Jesus is God, deny the justification of Jesus as explained by paul, and deny grace alone faith alone, so what would you see as saving you then?