Woosie Pope and Biden

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does this have to do with Baptists? Sounds like a Catholic issue.

3. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The issue is who should receive communion.

"Francis told reporters traveling with him that “communion is not a prize for the perfect,” echoing statements he has made in the past, if not specifically in the context of politics or the United States. At a Mass in June, arguing that the church must be as open as possible, he said, “The eucharist is not the reward of saints but the bread of sinners.”

Pope Weighs In on Calls to Deny Communion to Biden Over Abortion

4. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, among Catholics, not Baptists.

5. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is everyone welcome to partake in communion, even when they are in open sin? How would a Baptist answer this?

6. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has been moved

7. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are they not considered Christians?

8. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we all not sinners? That is how I, a Baptist answer this.

9. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When my people of my fathers genes crawled outa the hills of Briton they worshipped the trees, rocks, hills, animals…Nature was god. They called them Druids and other names. My mothers people, called guides(Guida) know the passes into the mountains of the peninsula of south Italy did the same with Mars and Zeus as their gods. Up until Christ, there was no Catholic and no Baptist. So a communal service meant to share the peace that God provides is used to separate believers…I laugh

the Italian grandmother that raised me, who was born and raised in the Scranton PA area today, good Catholic that she was would shun Joe Biden from her humble home because of his stance on abortion. Her confidence in a pope that allowed for a political creature to make allowances for that stance would have shaken her support. When my mother, a practicing Catholic, told me that the RCC stance on child abuse was abhorrent, she was telling me to leave it, which I did. In effect, the RCC is broken. My question to Baptists of all stripes is, How far from broken are your churches? Have social and political issues changed the constructs of Baptist beliefs and should they have even been allowed in in the first place?

10. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point! In my Baptist Church, there is a criterion to being allowed to partake.

11. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately your question is TOO relevant to todays churches; many Baptist (BINO??) churches included.
    Recently had a woman join my church, FROM another local Baptist church, & her reason was, "they were getting too liberal for me!"

The choices are narrowing as we approach the rapture! Pity!!!!!!:Frown:Frown

12. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is nothing new…. The Scranton RC Bishop denied Biden and any politician supporting abortion ,access to any of the sacraments.

13. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As it should be Brother…I believe Joe Biden is the one ushering it in…. Along with that faker that laughingly refer to as Pope.

14. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This quote by the author Taylor Caldwell well defines the personalities of current Liberal politicians, religious leaders, political parties.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

Taylor Caldwell

15. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all are justified by faith. Only the elect, chosen, of God can commune at the table with our King.

16. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you select the elect from the non elect… if so, tell me how

17. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only those who are born again are justified by faith.

18. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is where the person partaking in communion is held responsible. Those falsely partaking are in grave danger as evidenced by Judas and in the Corinthian church. All we can do is teach and warn people about the blessing and peril of partaking. However, I would warn every person to check themselves and confess their sin before partaking. I would tell everyone who have a sin against a brother or sister to go make it right before partaking or forego communion until they make it right.
    Joe Biden would have to check himself and face God's wrath should he partake outside of faith.

19. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joe partakes regularly in his RC service… and carries with him a rosary that he shows people… as if that is a sign of piety and being one with Christ.

20. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are Catholics Christians? Not likely. Catholicism is a works based religion, as are most religions that the world calls "Christian". Most so-called "Christian" religions think that man can add something(s) to God imputing the elect's sins to Christ and God imputing Christ's righteousness to the elect. They believe that man can add his faith or his repentance or his baptism or his church attendance or his church membership to the finished work of Christ and are not depending on "The Lord our Righteousness" alone for their salvation. Now should we believe, should we repent, should we be baptized, should be strive to be better people? Yes. But none of that adds up to salvation.

Matthew 7:22–23
    [22] On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ [23] And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ (ESV)

"How do I know I am saved? Many will begin to talk about themselves. Hear this:

1..I am saved because I.....
    2..Because you did what?
    3..Because I chose, I decided, I got baptized, I attend church, I stopped drinking and smoking, I give my tithes and love offerings, I am getting better by not sinning as I used, I keep more of the Law now than before, I fast at the beginning of every year, I speak in tongues, I grew up in the church, my parents were deacons at our church, I...., I, dedicated my life to Jesus, and every year, I re-dedicate it again.....
    4...This is the testimony of one who is still not saved... and yet this what is called the testimony of salvation..There are just too many, I, I, I..
    5... Hear me someone, if you are one of these people, you need to repent to the truth.. THE ABOVE IS ALL RELIGIOUS GARBAGE, that means Nothing...
    6..The testimony of salvation is not in some choreographed sinners prayer.. There is nothing called a sinner's prayer that one ought to repeat to be saved.
    7..The salvation testimony speaks to the blood of Christ, its sufficiency alone to cause one to be declared holy and righteous..
    8..True salvation does not ever walk away from the cross...
    9..True salvation testimony never conditions salvation on the sinner, but on Christ alone.
    10..True salvation speaks of righteousness credited/imputed not earned.......

And this is free." - James Nyahuye Guyo