1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

World Cup 2006

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Jun 8, 2006.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thats what both the BBC and RTE commentators were saying and they are "experts." I just felt like if Croatia had scored Brasil would have got a goal back quickly.

Brasil - Argentina - that would be quite a final.

2. Love of Christ

Love of Christ New Member

USA plays on saturday.

Though it's not my favourite team (England) , I hope they will win (since i attend the American Church in Paris).

3. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

You've confused me:confused: If you attend the American Church in Paris, shouldn't you be rooting for the USA and France?

I am quietly confident England are going to win this tournament, especially if Brazil keeps playing the way they did yesterday.

4. Love of Christ

Love of Christ New Member

There's something more confusing : I am french.

The thing is that I've always supported England, but I know why (that's love I guess).

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

What if England play the way they played Saturday?

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I agree, England looked poor on Saturday. They didn't even score a "real" goal but won on an own goal from Paraguay. If you want to make a deep run in the WC you have to score goals. I expected more form guys like Crouch.

England will have to improve if they want to progess further.

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Wow! Spain really lighted things up by dowing Ukraine 4-0.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Missed that - had a youth activity.

At least the US no longer have the worse loss ;).

9. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Granted England weren't great on Saturday - but they are now going to play two evening games in cooler temperatures. I don't think much of Crouch, but I can see Joe Cole, Gerrard and Lampard creating real problems for their opponents.

10. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Why not Crouch, didn't he have a hat trick in that final freindly match? From what I have heard, he seems to be a penalty area type player who uses his had to put the ball in the net. I like guys like that, but then again, I also love to see a talented striker make a great move on a defender and score.

11. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

It was a friendly - more like training game - against very poor opposition who left their defence wide open. To be honest any premiership centre forward could have scored three on that day, but the World Cup finals is an entirely different ball game.

12. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Defenders will have a terrible time against Crouch, he is all legs and arms, very difficult to get around him, and he stands head and shoulders above most others, high crosses into the box are his and Beckham can find his head. I think he is a winner. I think he is in line for some treatment from the opposition.

The GermanyPoland game got exciting didn't it, in the 91st minute? HaHa!

john.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That match was a excellent. Too bad to see Poland go out so early, but fair play to the Germans for not quitting late.

14. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Yeah, I thought the game was going to be a draw. One must give credit to Poland too for giving the Germans a tough game.

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Those were my thoughts on Crouch as well. He is a big guy and should do well in set piece situations close to the box.

16. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those having problems with matches clashing with church times... move to Australia for the month.. we get them at times like 11pm and 4:30am.... not many services on at those times.... Can make yu a little tired for work next day though ...

Is good to see Australia doing well so far.. is only our second time in the finals series, didn't win a mach or score a goal last time. Had a nice win over Japan first up this time, now if we can manage the same agains Brazil in our next match....

17. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

That was a great effort by Australia, and I would love to see them down Brazil. That game has got me cheering for the Socceroos.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I too would love to see the socceroos do well - exciting to have them around!

19. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Ecuador wins again! This time 3-0 over Costa Rica. This certainly moves them into the next stage. Well done Ecuador!

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I knew I liked the looks of this side. A good over all performing team. I hope they do well in the next round.