1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would Paul Washer Be Welcome to Speak at Your Local Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not only did I listen, I even demonstrated that I listened by repeating back what Washer said at the time he told me to listen.

OK. Now that you've made the accusation, you have a responsibility to back it up.

Wait a minute! All you've done up to this point is impugn his character! How can you turn around now and say that it has nothing to do with his character.

So are you. Does that mean we should treat you the way you treat Washer?

So, what do you do that honors the Lord? We know it certainly isn't the way you behave regarding brothers in Christ. So, what?

You.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe the timeline on YouTube is different between our devices. The part I am referring to is a bit before the part you mention. He says, "Within a hundred years a great majority of people in this building will possibly be in Hell." This is being said at a Youth for Christ rally. He then goes on to berate the attendees for their clothes, their music, their TV viewing habits, etc. as proof that they are not saved. He doesn't know these kids, he doesn't know their circumstances. He just walks in there and starts condemning people, claiming that they aren't saved.

3. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what part of that do you object to? Was Jesus wrong when He said the gate is narrow?

Nope. Not what he said at all.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You do not have a lot of common sense do you? I have been in many countries talking about the Lord. What have you done for the Lord besides admire false teachers?

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Washer felt remorse after preaching 'the shocking youth message' but later on as time went by he heard from many who listened to it and got saved. And we have some railing on him about what he did and slandering his character, even saying he doesn't have any evidence of the Spirit? 'Tis true, some will not 'endure sound doctrine' and so they slam the messenger who brings it.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

As I said earlier, you do not listen. That is exactly what he said.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very Unedifying Thread

This thread needs to end.

Let's see here. S/N's old habits die hard. He seems to think PW and I are the same person. He has said the exact same things to me over the years here and far worse. But give Mike time folks and he will show that he just may be guilty moreso than the one(s) he is castigating.So Mike's confessions of turning over a new leaf and not engaging in name-calling were momentary and not serious. He didn't evidence any true repentance either.

"The very essence of evil."
    "Not one fruit of the Holy Spirit in him."
    Total absence of any Christ-like qualities."
    "What a piece of garbage."
    "He is a fruitcake."
    "Nothing he does honors the Lord."
    "He is a clown act."

You better quit while you're behind Mike. Do you really want to continue going down the path you've taken?

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What I really want is for you to stay out of my threads. I asked you to do so months ago. I have not bothered you in the same amount of time. So take your troll games somewhere else. I can understand why you two would like each other, two people of equal integrity.

9. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Enough to know that if your missionary exploits were as grand as you claim, you'd understand why it's wrong to put him down for going to South America.

Held my tongue while talking to a fool.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That is pretty dead on. That was my favorite line too. And it reminds me of exactly what I see in a lot of SB churches. Will applaud en masse to just about anything without actually comprehending that the pastor is talking about US.

11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it ironic that the posters (actually, mostly just one poster) who impugn the good fruit he's producing are, themselves, producing bad fruit.

Whether you like Brother Paul or not, I challenge anyone reading this to look at SaturnNeptune's posts and ask yourself whether the it exhibits the fruit of the Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control?

Or does it exhibit the works of the flesh, which are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, either in thought or in deed?

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Jesus was not wrong but Jesus' audience were unbelievers.

You clipped out the part where I said it was at a Youth for Christ rally. The vast majority of people there are confessing Jesus as savior. They are affirming they've already been through the narrow gate. And here comes Washer to tell them most of them are going to Hell.

I provided a link to the video. Anybody can click on it, go to the 7 minute mark or so, watch for a couple of minutes and see for themselves how deficient your comprehension is.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh boy. The preacher in the video, Paul Washer and now Rippon are all judging people. Very classy.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think I wore this sermon out several years back. Made copies and would give them out to the young men in my SS classes.

And in the context of the whole, Paul Washer is absolutely correct. But in our westernized brand of Christianity, we've taught our kids to not forsake certain things in order to be holy, but rather to go ahead and indulge in it because everybody is doing it.

I wouldn't say that any list of things makes a person unsaved. But when you really look at the things we allow in the church, and how we seem to be about everything but holiness, it makes you wonder if the church isn't filled with a bunch of goats.

But this may again explain how we can make so many excuses for why we can do that which is unGodly and still be saved when God says 3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. 1 John 2:2-6

Which is again why I think if we are truly in HIM, we should be loving everybody to Him knowing how completely short we fall everyday to the point that we look unholy if RIGHTEOUSLY measured against God's word.

As Paul Washer says, we like to tell folks about the narrow gate. But we don't seem to want to say much about that narrow path you're supposed to stay on once you go through that narrow gate. And I believe in part because it aids lots of folks in SB churches to point the fingers at their pet sins while not dealing with their own.

15. preacher4truth

Yes... :tear: :tear:

Mike should know better and he gets himself out of control and angry too often. But then we have ITL come in above in attempt to one up him.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sobering words.

17. preacher4truth

Just as you have judged yourself and have impugned others character? Is that a log I see in your eye? Yes, indeed it is. :wavey:

Back to the OP. I would have Washer to our church any time. He's filled with the Spirit and boldness.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It is still perhaps one of the best sermons I have ever heard. He flat out challenged the church to be the church, and not just in name but in deeds and actions.

19. preacher4truth

I agree, it causes examination which is Biblical. When I see others getting mad at his message and defending in the congregation the 'you' that Washer is addressing I have to ponder that on a couple of levels.

First, to challenge him means you are saying that you KNOW who is saved and who is not within your church. Nope. You don't. You'd better back off because that is the Spirits job, not yours, and it is well above ones pay grade.

Secondly, one must ask, if in all humility that perhaps he was actually talking to THEM, so go examine the evidence in YOUR walk and in YOUR ways.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This is why I say watch the entire sermon. Again, he is telling folks that if you've walked through that narrow gate, it should look like it on the other side as you walk the narrow path.

If you're running wild on that broad path and the Father isn't chastening you back to that narrow path, examine yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.