1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would you listen to a Prophet?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jason1, May 5, 2017.

1. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If a prophet was in your midst, how would you know whether he speaks the truth? Lets look at scripture to see what their message was and see if you hear it:

What is a false prophet vs the true message?:

Deu 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
    Deu 13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
    Deu 13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Yahweh your Mighty One proveth you, to know whether ye love the Yahweh your Mighty One with all your heart and with all your soul.
    Deu 13:4 Ye shall walk after the Yahweh your Mighty One, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
    Deu 13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the Yahweh your Mighty One , which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the Yahweh thy Mighty One commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.​

2Ki 17:13 And YHVH warned Yisra’ĕl and Yehuḏah, through all of His prophets, and every seer, saying, “Turn back from your evil ways, and guard My commands and My laws, according to all the Torah which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by My servants the prophets.”
    2Ki 17:14 But they did not listen and hardened their necks, like the necks of their fathers, who did not put their trust in YHVH their Elohim,
    2Ki 17:15 and rejected His laws and His covenant that He had made with their fathers, and His witnesses which He had witnessed against them, and went after worthlessness, and became worthless, and after the gentiles who were all around them, of whom YHVH had commanded them not to do like them.
    Nehemia:

Neh 9:29 and warned them, to bring them back to Your Torah. But they acted proudly, and did not obey Your commands, and sinned against Your right-rulings, ‘which if a man does, he shall live1 by them.’ And they gave the rebellious shoulder and hardened their necks, and would not hear.
    Isaiah:

Isa 1:10 Hear the word of YHVH, you rulers of Seḏom; give ear to the Torah of our Elohim, you people of Amorah!
    Isa 1:16 "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Stop doing evil!
    Isa 1:17 "Learn to do good! Seek right-ruling, reprove the oppressor, defend the fatherless, plead for the widow.
    Isa 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together," says YHVH. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
    Isa 1:19 "If you submit and obey, you shall eat the good of the land;
    Isa 1:20 but if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured by the sword," for the mouth of יהוה has spoken.
    Isa_51:7 “Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, a people in whose heart is My Torah: do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their revilings.
    Jeremiah:

Jer 9:13 And YHVH says, “Because they have forsaken My Torah which I set before them, and have not obeyed My voice, nor walked according to it,
    Jer 9:14 but they have walked according to the stubbornness of their own heart and after the Baʽals, which their fathers had taught them.”​

Ezekiel:

Eze 39:23 “And the gentiles shall know that the house of Yisra’ĕl went into exile for their crookedness, because they have trespassed against Me, so that I hid My face from them, and I gave them into the hand of their adversaries, and they all fell by the sword.
    Eze 39:24 “According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions I have dealt with them, and hidden My face from them.” ’
    Daniel:

Dan 9:11 “And all Yisra’ĕl have transgressed Your Torah, and turned aside, so as not to obey Your voice. So the curse and the oath written in the Torah of Mosheh the servant of Elohim have been poured out on us, for we have sinned against Him.​

Amos:

Amo 8:11 "See, days are coming," declares the Master YHVH, "that I shall send a hunger in the land, not a hunger for bread, nor a thirst for water, but for hearing the Words of YHVH.​

Mikah:

Mic 4:2 And many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of יהוה, to the House of the Elohim of Ya’aqoḇ, and let Him teach us His ways, and let us walk in His paths. For out of Tsiyon comes forth the Torah, and the word of YHVH from Yerushalayim."​

Habacca:

Hab 1:3 Why do You show me wickedness, and cause me to see perversity? For ruin and violence are before me. And there is strife, and contention arises.
    Hab 1:4 Therefore the Torah ceases, and right-ruling never goes forth. For the wrong hem in the righteous, so that right-ruling comes out twisted.​

Zechariah:

Zec_7:12 “And they made their hearts like flint against hearing the Torah, and the words, which YHVH of hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets. Therefore great wrath came from YHVH of hosts.​

Malachai:

Mal 4:4 "Remember the Torah of Mosheh, My servant, which I commanded him in Ḥorĕḇ for all Yisra'ĕl - laws and right-rulings.
    John the Baptist:

Mat 3:1 And in those days Yoḥanan the Immerser came proclaiming in the wilderness of Yehuḏah,
    Mat 3:2 and saying, “Repent, for the reign of the heavens has come near!”
    Mat 3:3 For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Yeshayahu, saying, “A voice of one crying in the wilderness, ‘Prepare the way of YHVH, make His paths straight.’
    Yeshua:

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat_4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
    Joh_5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me possesses everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.​

Paul:

Act 24:14 “And this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the Elohim of my fathers, believing all that has been written in the Torah and in the Prophets,
    Rom 3:31 Do we then nullify the Torah through the belief? Let it not be! On the contrary, we establish the Torah.
    Rom 10:3 For not knowing the righteousness of Elohim, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of Elohim.
    John:

Rev 14:12 Here is the endurance of the set-apart ones, here are those guarding the commands of Elohim and the belief of Yeshua

#1 Jason1, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there are NO true prophets among us today, and we now live under the new Covenant of life instituted by Yeshua, and not under the death of the law one given by Moses...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So we have Yeshua1's answer: He would not listen to a prophet

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not today, as they would only be a false one!

5. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A prophet at any time had the same message: To speak the word of YHVH and call people back to Him and His torah.

6. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We have prophesied to you, saying "Thus saith Jesus, YHWH himself" and you have rejected the WORD. You are condemned in your sins, Jason. Repent.

7. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I refer you to the above prophets and their words. They all speak the same message and it is never about lawlessness.

8. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The only one breaking the law and falling short is you, Jason. We have shown you the message of YHWH and you reject Him.

9. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Advocating for obedience is not breaking the law. The one who says it is not required is:

Psa_10:13 Why do the wrong scorn Elohim? He has said in his heart, “It is not required.”

10. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are advocating disobedience, Jason. By saying that Yeshua is not YHWH himself and by saying that the Holy Spirit is not YHWH himself, you deny YHWH and rebel in disobedience. Repent or be damned to eternal hell apart from YHWH.

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles; nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified. But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be! For if I rebuild what I have once destroyed, I prove myself to be a transgressor. For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly” [Galatians 2:15-20].

12. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you saying that every single prophet was wrong? Or are you saying something different?

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    o
    No. Nor the married ones, either.
    Are you saying Paul was wrong? Or are you saying something else?

14. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Galations is all about oral law and how those "works of the law" are of no benefit for salvation. If you would like further insight on this I would be happy to help. Paul never comes against written law.

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much of Galatians is about circumcision. Is that oral?-- well, I hope not. But you know what I mean.

16. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What saith the Lord?

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will be done away with.
    13 But now faith, hope, and love remain—these three.

God's word is clear. There are no prophets today to listen to. They passed away by the beginning of the 2nd century.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL, you keep denying YHWH and the WORD, while making your own perverted version of Judaism.

18. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No prophecies are left? Revelation.... hello?

There is more yet to be fulfilled. We have the 2nd coming, the regathering of the exiles, the new heavens and new earth, the casting away of satan, the judgment day, etc.

Oh yes, we also have the Yeshua ruling and reining and sending His torah forth from Jerusalem also.

19. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, its about how a gentile is to enter into the community. Is it through judaism's way, which requires a circumcision as a right of entry, or is it through faith and then growing into obedience (as per acts 15)? Works of the law (oral law) don't gain you points.

Don't be like others on this forum and fall into this trap:

2Pe 3:15 and reckon the patience of our Master as deliverance, as also our beloved brother Sha’ul wrote to you, according to the wisdom given to him,
    2Pe 3:16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures.

20. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one is twisting scripture who quotes it directly-- which is what I did-- and all what I did-- in the post you contested.