1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you stay?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More and more the demonic essence of the RCC is coming to light. Could any sincere Christian remain part of such an church organization which protects and systematically makes it possible for thousands upon thousands of children to be molested by Satan's Leaders? And yet, Catholic members refuse to see what this organization is, how it is the counterfeit of the true church of Jesus Christ, and refuse to leave it and denounce it.

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
    And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." (2Cor 11:13-15)

'Men of God hid it all': Church protected more than 300 'predator priests' in Pa., grand jury says

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not remain in her, as she denies the true Gospel message!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    StopBaptistPredators.org Many Baptist churches cover up their pastors diddling children.

I was a member of a Baptist Church where the Pastor was molesting kids for years. The church leadership found out about it, covered it up, and continues to proclaim the pastor's innocence. More than 20 children! Only a handful left in that church of over 250. By the way, he was eventually convicted and is serving 30 years in prison where he belongs. This church still proclaiming his innocence to this day!

#3 Walter, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sad indeed. I would include any church organization in the OP. So I'm assuming you left due to this, at least I hope you did. So will you stay in the RCC?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, I stayed in order to be a faithful witness. Unfortunately, in the Body of Christ (which includes your church) there always has been and always will be “scum”. What you see going on in the website I posted and the newest scandal in the CC is the worst because it involves children.

So incredibly sad!
    It destroys the dedicated descent Priest. Jesus said Pray Unceasingly. The Church will prevail. She is Suffering, Militant and Triumphant. God Sees it all. Jesus said don't hurt my children. Gods in control. We are not to leave the Church that Jesus Christ Initiated because of the fallen sick sinners. My heart and Prayers go to the poor Victims.

#5 Walter, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  6. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Of course they would remain if they are sincere christian. We don't just divorce and ditch a family if something goes wrong.

Would call all Christians brothers. I wouldn't say your faith is of demonic essence. But we get that all the time.

Matthew 10

25“It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign the members of his household!

Fits the bill.

What denom is your sinless church again?

We couldn't join if we wanted to. You don't even know what its called.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was just waiting for the thread on this and lo and behold here it is. The sinfulness of man is everywhere on earth, in my Christian faith tradition as it is in yours. I shall without any doubt denounce this sinfulness! Such outrages have no place in the Body of Christ and those who perpetrated such things against innocent children shall receive their just recompense when they are judged by the Lord at the proper time, which will be far worse than any criminal sanction they obviously should receive here on earth.

And to answer the question: 'Would you stay"? the answer for me is easy - of course I will stay. I put this sinfulness in it's proper context and where it belongs - onto those who committed such crimes and the reality is those perpetrators are a distinct minority.

I have known too many holy and faithful priests, nuns, monks, and other everyday laypeople to leave the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. It is a loving church that offers at it's core the reception by the faithful of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist during worship - and that my friend is reason enough to stay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not so. The "scum" spoken of is the Leadership, right to the top, and it remains to this day even though it has been exposed. No, this kind of systematic scum does not exist in the Christian organization I am a part of. In the organization I am a part of there will be individual bad actors creep in, but when they do, they are dealt with promptly, stripped of their positions and exposed to the congregation. Here in the RCC we see enablement from the very number one priest himself, the pope.

Really? You still believe the RCC is the Church that Jesus Christ Initiated? A church this demonic would have Jesus Christ as it's commander? Do you not call the Pope the Vicar of Christ? Yet Pope after Pope and thousands of their priest under their command were enabled to rape little children by the thousands. This you see as the true Church that Jesus Christ Initiated?

• Like Like x 1
  9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yep, just another sin to the RCC member. Hey, we are all sinners right? So no biggie.

No biggie that the RCC leadership, Pope after Pope, made sure thousands of children remained available for their priest to rape at will. Of course the Pope is the Vicar of Christ, so Christ must be leading them to do this, right? It's not like it is one bad Pope, nope, Pope after Pope for decades, maybe centuries, led by Christ supposedly, making sure children remained available for their demonic sexual acts.

So how does Pope after Pope, appointed by Christ Himself supposedly, enable his priest to keep this practice alive and well for centuries? You actually believe Christ raised up such men to lead His Church? And P.S. these offenders are still in place and nothing has changed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eh, it's just a minority, no biggie. Here is this sins proper context.....Actually, it is the RCC's entire body of Priest, for they ALL know exactly what goes on among their fellow priest, and they ALL keep their silence, including the Popes throughout the centuries. Even to this day. And you blindly just follow along, and if you could, I bet you would kiss the Popes hand, the Head of this Rape Ring which he keeps alive and well. The Vicar of Christ you call him, one who sits in place of Christ on earth, representing the Son of God. Nice.....

11. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is just a minority. Go back and check out the Baptist Predator link I posted. Cover up after cover up after cover up among many Baptist churches. Maybe read what one of your own says about who has more cleaning up to do:

Evangelical Sex Abuse Record 'Worse' Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham's Grandson Boz Tchividijian | HuffPost

“Protestants can be very arrogant when pointing to Catholics,” said Tchividjian, a grandson of evangelist Billy Graham and executive director of Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (GRACE), which has investigated sex abuse allegations.

Yup, sure seeing that here!

#11 Walter, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The true Church of Christ that opreaches another and a false Gospel?

13. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Walter isn't it about time we start fighting injustice in any church and in any denomination and maybe if we did we might change something, instead of fighting with each other... Injustice in any church does not belong there... We may not fellowship with each other but we can sure bring about change if we are the Christians we say we are, and where we are... Some say Oh a Baptist who loves Catholics?... No a Baptist who loves justice and if injustice is in the Lords house or among his people no matter what label it wears its time to get of it out of God house... Or sit on the seat of do nothing and allow it to cause disharmony among the saints of God... Don't let it reign in your church... Brother Glen:)

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So pointing to other bad behavior is your answer? Are those involved in the cover up out of Leadership? If not then members should leave. Are those involved in the cover up in the RCC out of Leadership roles yet? If not, members have two choices, demand they resign, including the Pope, or leave. Otherwise they are part of the problem.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly! So are these Baptist leaders out of power yet? Are these RCC leaders out of power yet? If not then I have to conclude nobody in those congregations cares.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What would you advocate doing?

The statistical reality is that pedophilia has a recidivism rate approaching 100%. So what does the Body of Christ (the Church) do with a pedophile clergy? To ever allow them near children is to invite almost certain abuse. To forever mark them and set them apart is to declare them forever guilty of an unpardonable sin.

The solution is far beyond my wisdom.
    So what would you advise the RCC do with its Priests and the Baptist Church do with its Pastors? :(

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

Of course this is the true church. Have you read the bible? its never had a boring moment in all its existence.

Would Jesus be unholy enough to hand pick someone who would betray him?

What teaching says rape little children?

Where do you think is the battlefield? I ain't ever heard of devil worshipers attacking your faith.

Catholics are the only ones who would take sinners anyway.

I asked what denom is your sinless church, you wouldn't say as usual, Your not taking anyone.

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

When the folks who swear "FAITH ALONE" demand someone DO SOMETHING OR ELSE.

Why would our eternal souls be in jeopardy unless we follow your advice?

When the point of contention is you swear there is NOTHING you can do?

Why not trust God to handle it? (faith alone)

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NONE here membership in a sinless church, but we ought not be in one like Rome!

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You believe the true Church covers up the raping of children and allows it to continue?

We see the RCC teaches this through their actions to not stop it but rather enable it.

Straw man, don't believe I ever said church congregations are sinless. Stay on topic. And my denom is listed in my profile page, has been for years.

Maybe you meant for this to be in another thread debating justification. This thread is about the RCC covering up child abuse and continuing to allow those responsible to remain in their positions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.