1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ye must be born again! 2

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, May 11, 2022.

1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He that Loveth is Born of God !

1 Jn 4:7

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

Love to God and other Believers is an evidence of having been born of God. So the OT Saints that Loved God and their Brethren had to have been born of God. For instance David wrote Ps 18:1-3

I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.

2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Ps 26:8

Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

Ps 31:23

O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.

Ps 97:10

Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Ps 116:1

I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

Ps 145:20

The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

All things work together for their good Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

They that Love God, Love those born of God as well. 1 Jn 5:1

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

David said Ps 119:63

I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.

That word companion means knit together Col 2:12

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

So OT Saints and NT Saints had to be born of God to Love God. This shows the connection of the Body of Christ, the Church from the OT to the NT ! 13

2. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    God quickens us together with Christ !

Eph 2:5

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

All for whom Christ, were quickened together with Christ, meaning when He was quickened from the dead, or made alive from the dead, so were they for whom He died. In the principal of Headship representation [like man in Adam] when Christ was made alive from the dead after having died for the sins of many [Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;], the many for whom sins He died were made alive with Him.

This ensures, makes sure and certain the making alive personally of everyone for whom He died. Thats why Peter wrote 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Believers had been first begotten again through the Resurrection of Christ from the dead. This being begotten again is proof, evidence that we were represented by Christ our Surety Head/High Priest when He was made alive from the dead after having died for our sins. If we are never begotten again by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, then He did not die for our sins, and we were never quickened together with Him, its as simple as that ! 14

3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 3:3

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again or from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

The Kingdom of God here is the Gospel, or the Gospel of the kingdom, which is but another name for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, or the Gospel of God's Grace. And a person can't see or understand it unless born again or from above. This entails being given a new heart and new spirit as per Ezk 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you,26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Then a person can see/understand the Gospel of the kingdom,the kingdom of God.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except a person is born again, they can't understand the Gospel.The truths of the Gospel must be spiritually discerned 1 Cor 2:14 15

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Newbirth, the consequence of Christ resurrection!

Jesus once told a person this Jn 3:7

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

But little did this person know that He which spoke this mystery would fulfill it. See the fact is, every one Christ would die for, He was raised for, with new and eternal life; and what isn't realized is that the newbirth is the consequence of Christ resurrection! 1 Peter 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,