1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ye reject salvation by grace !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: While I would say that may be generally true, you have no right to say that is always the case. I have heard testimonies from some that were inspired to live for God at such an early age that they might not be able to point to a specific point in time. Others may have a physical mental lapse that might keep them from recalling an actual point in time. Who knows all the possibilities out there. So I for one would feel that your comment, while generally true, may not reflect the truth in all cases. God's Spirit can testify to ones heart even in the midst of a mental lapse! I have personally witnessed such a case, and they died in the faith victoriously in spite of not being able to recall any such time and place.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you that for various reason one might not have a date circled on their calendar, but all people saved would know at least generally when/how/why/what happened to them when the Lord saved and changed them!

And the bible does NOT tell us to quote the election that happened to us before the foundation of the earth was laid as a witness, but what the lord did when He saved us!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have a memory of the time the Lord changed you from being a sinner unto saint?

that you know that is the time changed from not being A christian to actually now being one?

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

This is not about me, but what Christ has done. I know you reject the work of Christ and promote salvation by works !

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    when did God change you to a saint from a sinner?
    You were NOT saved, when and how did the Holy Spirit come to dwell in you, as NOT born with Him and the new nature!

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Work Salvation !

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you KNOW that you were even saved?

When did you place faith in jesus?

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen! Something wrong when one will not give testimony of their conversion.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    some here by their postings seem to believe they were born already saved!

So guess jesus "you MUST be born again" would not apply, Eh?

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Beware of good works !

Good works of men, morality can easily become the enemy of the cross of Christ ! Now are good works relevant in the believers life or walk ? Yes in deed, for Paul admonishes Believers of the value and importance of good works here in Titus 3:8, and besides that, the New Creation Shall walk in Good Works Eph 2:10

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Notice, the New Creation will walk in good works, not the flesh or that which is born of the Flesh Jn 3:5-6

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

However, there is that which makes good works or morality the enmity and rival of the Cross, and that is when we make good works such as our act of believing, repentance, keeping of ordinances, as necessary unto Salvation by way of causative. When we believe that God by them and because of them, He is pleased to save us. In this way of thinking, Christ's Cross Work is denied sole authorship of the saved ones Salvation, it is no longer He that effects it and conversion to God. Christ's Death is what effects conversion to God, it being the fruit of His Death Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. The word fruit here means:

the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity

That's Christ offspring from His Death, spoken of by the Prophet Isaiah 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

This word seed here is also translated fruitful in the OT Ezk 17:5

In this then, good works become the enemy of the Cross, because they are deeds we do in the flesh, not from the New Birth, that we rely on to cause us to be accepted of God !

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Beware of good works ! cont

When we trust in good works to find our acceptance with God, be it our believing or whatever, Good works becomes the enemy to the Cross. For it is not by works of Righteousness which we have done, that is not of any effort of ours, no right deeds or acts of ours, , such as belief, repentance, water baptism, going to church after turning over a new lease in life, none of that saves a man, but only by God's Sovereign Mercy, which gives a New Birth, a Regeneration, 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This being begotten again from the Dead , which equals New Birth or Regeneration, this is what saved us according to Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

This washing of Regeneration and renewing of the Hoy Ghost equals New Birth, that is what saved us !

Paul says the same thing in this fashion Eph 2:5

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

But Peter says it's Mercy 1 Pet 1:3

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we saved thru faith, by the Grace of God, and once we are saved, God has already prepared beforehand good works for us to do to glorify His name!

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The “works” we do NOT have to do, that God nailed to the cross, those are circumcision, various ceremonial washings, gift offerings, observance of special days, eating and drinking rules and regulations, sin offerings…

The other kind of works that do not have to do for Jesus to save us is doing big charity deeds and things like that. However, nowhere in the Bible are we EVER told we do not have to repent, or that we do not have to not sin. That is ludicrous to think that it is ever okay to sin. It is also ludicrous to think that one can hear Jesus’ teachings and not know that one must prepare the way for the Lord by being sorry for sins, so much so that you no longer want to do them.

Do people not think that maybe they misunderstand Paul? Do people think that they can dismiss the words of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Jesus says, “Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As far as works are concerned, what unsaved person ever has circumcision on his mind. Your point is not valid.

As far as love and obedience is concerned, the unsaved cannot love and obey God. They are unable to unless God first changes their heart. They are enemies before God. This point is also invalid.

As far as this thread is concerned, it must be closed.
    It has gone past 30 pages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.