1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yep, those TSA pat-downs are really working....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Dec 29, 2010.

1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Then why are we so afraid? Why can't we take care of business? Why blame the airlines and our own government constantly for the actions that are perpetrated by others?

No, I do think that we're being brought down. I see it more and more every day.

2. targus

targus New Member

I am not afraid.

I don't blame the government.

I don't blame the airlines.

Security checks is taking care of business.

Shutting down air travel would be an example of "being brought to our knees".

Taking off your shoes and putting your carry on luggage on the little belt that goes through the scanner is hardly that.

Get a grip.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is NOT what the fearmongers and phony "rights" whiners want to hear.

Best keep it quiet. ;)

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are probably right about the pilot's real problem. Pilots sometimes have delusions of godhood coupled with huge egos.

The reaction of the government to having this little security glitch exposed is the real story on that one.

The gestapo went to his home , took his pistol and local officials lifted his license to carry. Total scare tactics.

If they react this way to a video about a real security risk, do you really think they much care about the whiners complaining about so called " unconstitutional" and "groping" searches? :smilewinkgrin: When you buy a ticket, you are granting permission to be searched.

No on expects the scanning and searches to really find much of anything, but the threat of having them is a huge deterrent.

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Agreed, it was alot of over-reaction on this. I am not sure the best people for the job have been appointed to TSA :tongue3:.

Yes it is the deterrent value, and the visibility that they're after. I have seen empty police cars parked by the road and drivers do slow down!

6. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Not all TSA screeners are gropers...

Just because some aren't does not mean that there aren't enough to validate the outcry...

While the "root" cause of all this is terrorists and terrorism...

Our givernments response is like a doctor telling someone that has a very small suspect skin lession that they have inoperable cancer and two weeks to live!

It's all about power and the "right" and ability to control a populace. In direct contradiction that "We The People" are supposed to be in charge...

7. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Actually, we're on the same page. It is everyone else who are crying about the fact that we need to "do something" that I'm arguing with...

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before 9/11, perhaps we were too lax on security--not just in airports.

The Patriot Act. Mailmen encouraged to "observe and report." Lieberman championing surveillance cameras on street corners. "See something, say something" in Wal-mart. Federal agents authorized to place tracking devices on personal vehicles. Government employees searching citizens in airports, with proposals to expand such searches to railroads and hotels.

When you see a trend, you have a choice: Say something, or say nothing.

To quote the words someone told me in a private message once upon a time, at what point do we sit up and say, "It never should have come to this"?

Of course, I might just be paranoid and insane.