1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured You cannot be pro-life and anti-refugee!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "You cannot be pro-life and anti-refugee!"

This is a signature for one of our BB members.

Do you agree with this statement?

Open for discussion

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does anti-refugee mean?

3. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Anti-refugee, in liberal speak, is opposite to free entrance without any vetting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baptist Press - Evangelicals for Life Speakers Promote 'Womb to Tomb' Dignity

"Evangelicals for Life (EFL) -- the second annual event co-hosted by the Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC) and Focus on the Family -- addressed such issues as adoption and foster care, ministry to refugees and immigrants, caring for the sick and dying, public policies to protect life, and diversity in the church."

"'We are missing the fact that a consistent pro-life ethic requires us to see that anything that diminishes life as the Creator intended it [for His] creatures is an assault upon God's glory and God's sovereignty and God's will,' Mohler said."

"Seattle pastor Eugene Cho told EFL attendees evangelicals should support the sanctity of life 'from womb to tomb, not just our lives but their lives, not just American lives but Syrian lives, not just Christian ... lives but Muslim minority refugee lives.'"

"Bryant Wright, pastor of Johnson Ferry Baptist Church in Marietta, Ga., and past president of the Southern Baptist Convention, said Johnson Ferry now is responsible for nine Muslim refugee families from Syria....'We get our guidance from the Word of God, not from talk radio'"

"Matt Chandler, lead pastor for teaching of The Village Church in the Dallas area...'The church must not buy into the fearful rhetoric around refugees, but be willing to welcome, to help, to come alongside and to serve'"

#4 Jerome, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are NOT anti-refugee!"- we are anti ILLEGAL- immigrant and ANTI-terrorists!

Big difference

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone disagreed with Cal's definition - who ever disagreed, should make a post and give your point of view.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://erlc.com/resource-library/pr...buzzfeed-about-the-syrian-refugee-controversy

"Russell Moore, the president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, criticized the 'dangerous' anti-refugee sentiment in an interview with BuzzFeed News on Thursday."

"while conservative voters generally agree that national security must come at the cost of aiding Syrian refugees, polls suggest evangelicals are split on the issue. Moore suggests the divergent attitudes come from Christ-like compassion — and an evangelistic spirit."

"'Our Muslim neighbors are not people we want to scream and rail at — we don’t want to demonize our mission field,' Moore said. 'I think that the evangelistic missionary impulse of Christianity that sometimes seculars present as nefarious actually is what grounds evangelicals to see individuals not as issues but as persons.'"

"'Every person may well be our future brother, sister in Christ.'"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then Salty, my friend, you should not oppose anyone from the 7 nations on the list as not one person from those countries have committed an act of terror here in the USA. I agree all should be vetted and that is already being done for all visa applicants.

Like I said in another post you are much more likely to die in a car wreck or falling out of bed than being hurt or killed by an act of terror. This is simply a myth politicians and political hacks use to keep people's minds off real problems they do not want to face.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course they haven't - they have not (for the most part been in the USA}

too much going on - My goodness everytime something happens with airline travel - there is more security. IE - shoe bomber, for one

Also - any POV on the fact that it was Obama who also mentioned those seven nations for extra vetting.

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not quite true friend. There are immigrants from each of those countries. A;so, extra vetting is very different than a ban.

[​IMG]

From: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ria-iraq-iran-sudan-libya-somalia-yemen#img-2

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ChrisTheSaved

ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    American Christians do not have the responsibility to take in people that want to kill them or not integrant into our society. Convert or Die?

For Gods Sake "literally" look at Europe! More Muslims are born now then non-Muslims. Their countries are slipping away! Their culture and their support systems. Why do people want this so bad? Look at what Islam has done! Nothing but pain and suffering and then look at us. We are the light! We should reject the darkness and stop this madness.

I will never speak of immigration if someone can tell the number that is perfect and would satisfy everyone in America. Where do we stop? At what point have we taken enough? We have tens of millions of immigrants in the US. Millions are not legal. When do feel as though your self loathing nature has been assuaged to the point that we may move on with reality.

Who is paying for all these people to come here? I am, to the tune of Billions a dollars a year. We are so over taxed and over burdened in our area already. Our local middle school had to cancel music course because of the need for ESL teachers. Our social security system is passed it breaking point. That's cool we need a bunch of middle aged and elderly migrants that will get benefits from a system they never pay into. Not to mention the wreck the food stamp program is in because of the migrant worker acts no requiring ID's for benefits.

How much more do we need to do? A few million? Why are we so fixated with the Middle East? What about Africa? We have people being slaughtered everyday. But they might be a bit to black for you crackers huh?

Liberals are so fast to cry and moan yet I bet you dollars to donuts conservative Christians do far more than they ever will to help those in need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your stance totally ignores all the teachings of Christ on how we are to treat our fellow humans. Most interesting and most sad. You are simply repeating a self-centered conservative secular humanist response, not a teaching of Christ response.

13. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. Some people confuse the pro-life label with simply being anti-abortion.

Being pro-life means you will be concerned and take action (if at all possible) to ease the plight of innocent lives, even if it might involve some personal risk. Christians are called to live lives of compassion, not safety.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you provide ministry to those who are in the country illegally as representatives of the Kingdom of God, or do you act as agents of the US government?

15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know who the first one was, but I was the second. I suppose there is some "liberal" out there who wants people to come into the nation with no vetting, but I have never met one. Even the most liberal people I know want our vetting system implemented.

His point was simply an empty accusation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a straw man. We do not have people advocating to knowingly take in those who intend to kill or forcibly convert us to Islam.

Yes, I hear people complain all the time about those evil minorities having more children than white people. Why? Because those cultures see children as a blessing from God and white folks often work very hard not to have children - or terminate them in the womb - for various reasons. So why should we look down on minorities that love children?

The countries are still there. I think there is a fear in white folks that they won't be in charge anymore and they don't want to be treated like they've treated other people. My truest citizenship is in the Kingdom of God where there will be people from "every tribe and nation" living with me for all eternity. Might as well get used to that now.

I am no fan of Islam.

White people have started two world wars in the last 100 years, have enslaved and oppressed people throughout the earth, have led brutal political regimes, and have a long history of treating "darker" people as sub-standard. We are NOT light - except in skin tone, which I think is the relevant issue here with people who have the skin tone of "darkness."

The greatest need at the moment is in the Middle East.

When that was the area of greatest need a few years ago, people opposed refugee status for the same reasons as you are opposing refugees from the Middle East. But don't worry, Trump is opposing Somali and other African refugees in our name.

People of all political stripes work hard to serve those in need. Unfortunately, the majority of all political stripes do not. But that is irrelevant to a discussion of policy, unless someone wants to make an empty accusation. (By the way, I know about the statistics that show that "conservatives" donate more money to certain surveyed humanitarian causes. But I also know that the liberal and moderate churches tend to have long-standing community support ministries that "conservative" typical condemn as "social gospel" work that does not necessarily get noticed as charitable effort - even by those who are doing it. Churches do that work simply because they are Christian without thinking deeply about motivations. Jesus notices though (Matthew 25:37-40).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does your church provide ministry to those who are bank robbers, or would you turn them into the government authorities.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChrisTheSaved

ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you heard of a group named ISIS? Yes they blending in with the refuges. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ler-THOUSANDS-Extremists-into-Europe-Refugees

You say that like whites hate children.

Population cannot keep growing like it is, soon it will spiral out of control. We practice and hold traits that position our off spring for the most success, I am sure whites do the same thing. I am black btw, and think you at way off base. If a culture chooses to live a certain way they should not have immigration forced upon them that soon overwhelms their culture. Also I am a minority in the US, but the Tongos are not a minority in their country in Africa. Stop with the Muslims are minorities as they are not.

What the heck are you talking about? White people white people white people is all you say. You are clearly white and so full of guilt I feel sorry for you. How do you think you, as a Christian, will be treated in a Muslim majority country? Oh yes killed and chased away. But where are you going when we have let the whole world go Muslim in 25-30years. Europe has already hit the tipping point and in reality there is no coming back. In France and Germany Christian are now scared to attend church because of open Muslim attacks.

http://pamelageller.com/2014/12/ger...ng-shit-christians.html/#sthash.3Rc5aM7E.dpuf

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/02/07/majority-attacks-france-anti-christian/

So why bring them here? Why bring a false religion here? People who openly deify Gods teachings.

White people white people white people. Man you are guilty! Have you been to Africa my friend? Have you been to the middle east? China? I am certain we were attacked by Asians in WW2. You are so full of crap. Who sold my people? My people sold my people and slavery still exists to this day. In India, and certainly African and the Middle East. Stop it. More salves went to the Muslim nations and dies then any other place in the world. So there you go.

Our greatest need is to fight Islam and help bring people to Christ and end suffering in the US.

#18 ChrisTheSaved, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTS, drop the slash in the first bracketed "QUOTE" of the quoted line .
    :)
    HankD

• Like Like x 1
  20. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our greatest need is to fight Islam and help bring people to Christ and end suffering in the US.[/QUOTE]

Christians fight hate with love. Fighting terror with terror simply breeds more terror. Love will drive out terror. Yes, it will be costly-love, but love wins. Christ did not call us to be safe, but to go into all the dangerous world telling of him, salvation and peaceful living.

All your long answer was simply a human answer, not a spiritual answer.