1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Your Definition of a Fundamenlist

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Salty, Aug 11, 2020.

1. TheOldJudge

TheOldJudge Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mrs. Cedarholm and Mrs. Hollowood were two rare specimens in which God had placed so much intelligence and talent. Both of them had achieved graduate-level education in the early 1940s, a time when many women were just beginning to work outside the home (and that only due to the necessity of the war effort).

Correct me if I am wrong, Squire, but were not the Cedarholms and the Hollowoods educated at Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary?

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From 1977-1979, MBBC Catalog:

B. Myron Cedarholm, B.A, B.D., Th.M. D.D Litt.D., L.H.D. Iowa State College, University of Minnesota, Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Princeton Theological Seminary, Northwestern Schools, Baptist Bible College [Denver], Bob Jones University

M. James Hollowood, B.A., Th.B., D.D., University of the City of New York, National Bible Institute, Eastern Baptist College, Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Central Baptist Seminary

Richard C. Weeks, B.A., B.D. M.A. D.D. Wheaton College, Albion College, Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, University of Chicago [Residence work completed for Th.D.] Pillsbury College

Cedarholm, Thelma M., B.A., M.R.E., Litt.D. Gustavus Adolphus College, University of Minnesota, Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Baptist Bible College [Denver ]

Hollowood, Jane P. B.A. Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Maranatha.

3. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not know Mrs H but she seems to have been a great helpmeet and a wonderful asset to Dr H. Bless her.

Hard to figure how you would know that.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because I did know her and the doctor personally. She also taught a Woman's Christian Doctrine class. Which as I understand and remember was as rigorous as anything her husband taught.