1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #112

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Afternoon Everybody,

* Whew * What a day. Hopefully we have all our running around for the week done. Brenda has a Cardiac Stress test tomorrow at 11am. It was originally scheduled for May, but there was a cancellation. Soooo I know what I'll be doing from 11am unti 2pm tomorrow. Good time for some Bible study.

Our weather forecast has changed from snow showers to showers and possible thunderstorms from today thru Sunday. I know that Ann and my Cuz will be heartbroken that they won't receive any snow from me. How about a glass of "liquid snow"?

Praying for travel mercies for Sue. Wow, girl when you decide to get off the couch you're a dynamo of perpetual motion. Have fun and stay safe.

Time to go and start dinner. Hopefully I can check in later tomorrow.

2. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. The weather finally decided to turn nice and we've been cleaning up the yard and starting to domore outside.

The Gkids have started softball practice so that has kept us busy during the week.

Brenda came thru her Stress Test just fine. The Tech said her EKG looked great.

I've dropped a trail of chocolate cake crumbs to help my Cuz find her way back to the Coffeehouse. When she gets here if she'll look on the counter she'll find another chocolate fudge cake, and the ice cream is in the freezer.

Time to run some errands.

#142 Friend of God, Apr 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2008
  3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning, Rob, and everyone!

Glad Brenda's test came back all right!

Between being sick and trying to get ready for all the activity in May, I haven't had time to stop in as often as I'd like.

I wonder if we have been abandoned for a fancier restaurant?

We can't pay the upkeep if no one is going to eat here...

I will try very hard to stop in every day, but don't worry if I miss a few.

Y'all have a great day!

§ue (The busy Great Grandma!)

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hey everyone! It's a beautiful day here - almost 60 degrees already! We're doing school right now and I'm also putting groceries. I've got laundry going, and am having some yogurt thanks to some icky tummy stuff from too much antibiotics (for the rosacea).

DH is away for the next few days at the Together For The Gospel in Louisville KY. That should be a wonderful conference with all of the great speakers there - Piper, MacArthur, Sproul, etc. Wish I could be there but he promised to download the messages when they get them online. :)

I'll catch you all later! I need to finish this yogurt then finish putting away the groceries.

5. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Good afternoon,

We're here in cool South Georgia wishing Spring would return. Temps are about 20 degrees below average yesterday and today. There has already been a frost warning issued for tomorrow morning.

My arthritic knee is making its presence known. Anybody have a remedy for some relief?

Don't close the CH Sue!! I come in every day, but don't post. I'll post more, OK?!?

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Mmmmmm! Chocolate! Thanks, Cuz! I thought I was lost for good. :D

Keep leaving those crumbs every now and again to make sure I don't get lost for good in all I have going on around here. At the moment:

Our karate instructor's Master's demo is in just under two weeks. We were busy enough with that, then tonight we found out that the school should have been gathering funds for a congratulatory gift, and guess what we weren't doing? Of course, one has to know to do these things before one can do them soooo, I've spent all evening contacting folk.

That all happened after I spent the day at Shark Tooth Creek ( www.sharktoothcreek.com ) with Chris. This place is great and we had tons of fun EXCEPT the two hour each way drive!

This is all going on while trying to get kids excused from school for the above demo, prom and wedding alterations stacking up, a flag that's not finished for the demo, a divorce, complete with custody battle, in our midst (not T and I!), Cassie's prom being this weekend, and, and, and, I'd be here all night if I told you everything! :laugh:

So, keep the crumbs coming, but don't worry if I don't show up again until sometime in May! :eek:

Love you all!

7. TLB

TLB New Member

good morning everyone! see...i'm not lost...just misplaced under all of cindi's sewing and going. normally we tall for an hour or so each day. i convince her to clean her house and she convinces me to work on my sewing:thumbs: but last week and this week...out of 10 days so far i have only talked to her for 4 of those days. the friend withdrawals i have been having was so bad last night i was brave enough to call at almost 9pm!

how about we have pancakes, fresh fruit, eggs & bacon for breakfast today?
    coffee is hot, the hot coco is ready for marshmallows & the mountain dew is in the fridge.

off to enjoy the hum of my sewing machine....while my house is still quiet!

8. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all!

Cindi: Your schedule sounds like mine....busy!

Tanya: Thanks for breakfast! It was delicious!

It is going to be sunny and 72º today. Yippee! Hopefully, spring has finally sprung and is here to stay. I so badly need to get my yard cleaned up and some flowers planted.

I am keeping one of my soon to be (May 3rd) step-grandsons (from MO) all weekend. He is mentally challenged and also a sweetie pie. He is 17 and boy can he eat!!!!! He and Brent get along grand.

Gotta run. I am getting a perm so my hair is one thing less I have to worry about right now.

HAGD!
    §ue :)

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Morning all! So while I'm home washing sheets, homeschooling and scrubbing the crud from the bottom of the refrigerator, this is what my husband is listening to today:

John MacArthur - The sinner neither able or willing - the doctrine of absolute inability

Mark Dever - Improving the Gospel - Exercises in unbiblical theology

RC Sproul - The curse motif of the atonement

Albert Mohler - Why do they hate it so? The doctrine of substitution.

MAN, that's a lot of stuff. Not to mention then they will have a time of "debriefing" because the entire pastoral staff from our church and one of our missionaries (a pastor from Spain) are there - so they'll discuss what they've heard. Pretty heady stuff, huh?? :)

Well, I'm off to scrub the crud! LOL Atleast I can do it with the windows open today!

10. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Afternoon Everybody,

Welcome from the great state of Confusion.

Cuz and Tanya: I knew if I left chocolate crumbs you'd find your way. Sorry about the diivorce Cuz, but glad it doesn't involve you.

Ann: Have you ever tried Eucerin Calming Lotion for your skin condition? Our daughter uses it and says it's the best she's ever seen.

Sue: Glad to hear you're still among the living. Nothing like feeding two hungry boys to keep you on your toes.

Gayla: I hear what you're saying about your knee. I think I've developed Arthritis in my right shoulder, probably as a result of a fall I took last winter; that or maybe I'm just getting old. Age involves mind over matter...if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!

The weather is beautiful around here, warm and sunny. I think Old Man Winter finally realized that he'd worn out his welcome; about time.

I've been working outside and just stopped in for a cold diet Mt.Dew.Time to get back outside.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep - we use that all the time here. It didn't help. My skin is actually flaming red and scaley. Bleck!! But it seems to be quieting down a little bit. We'll see how it goes. :)

12. TLB

TLB New Member

yes, chocolate will always bring us back!

and for the record the divorce doesn't involve me either.

#152 TLB, Apr 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2008
  13. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all,

I'm off to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for the meals I will be fixing all week-end for my 'company'. They will arrive here in the morning and leave late Sunday night.

It was beautiful here yesterday and today is going to be another sunny 70º day. I LOVE spring!!!

HAGD!
    §ue

14. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all,

Well, my plans changed after I bought all that food!

I am having a really bad Bronchitis attack...didn't sleep a wink last night for coughing.

I was fine one minute and the next minute I was NOT fine.

I'm having no company this week-end and Brent, my 'nurse' went to WI with his mother to see his two sisters (first time in over a year).

This started around 1:00 yesterday afternoon. I should have called the Dr. then, but wouldn't have been able to get in anyway.

I am calling, when they open this morning, in about 15 minutes. If they can't get me in so I can get started on antibiotics, I will have to go the the ER.

I covet your prayers as my busy week is coming up fast!
    §ue

15. I Am Blessed 24

I made it to see the Dr. this morning and am supposed to be on bedrest.

I am taking a Z Pack, Prednisone, and cough syrup with codeine.

The Prednisone keeps me awake as you can see by the time of this post.

I have a terrible headache from coughing so hard. I reach up and press down on the top of my head when I cough. It feels like it is going to explode...

Keep praying (if anyone is reading...)

Pleasant dreams,
    §ue

16. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're in my thoughts and prayers Sue.

I know the heaviness in the head [NO! I'm not making fun of somebody who's sick!] could be caused by the bronchitis [hopefully your doc has you on a good decongestant with your antibiotics PLUS is watching your blood pressure also.], would it help if you hugged a pillow when you cough? Brenda's doc told her about that trick when she was having bronchial problems.

Wish I lived closer so I could give you a hand. Guess my prayers will have to do.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Awww - Sue! I'm so sorry you're sick again! You made it through most of the winter pretty healthy though, didn't you?? ((HUGS)) I wish I could send you the chicken soup I have in the freezer! You can use it!

Not much going on here today. DH and DS went fishing with friends (guy's day out) and the girls and I will probably go shoe shopping. Bob and I will then go out to eat tonight. This week is vacation so it will be nice to relax a bit and not worry about school and all. :)

I left some chocolate bread pudding for y'all with some whipped cream. My family polished off the other one so I know it's good!

18. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Chocolate bread pudding!! YUM! Thanks, Ann.

All is well around here.
    Sue, sorry the gunk got ya.

The tumor markers were not back Thursday, so I'll see about getting them tomorrow morning when I go to get my shot.

19. TLB

TLB New Member

today's breakfast is going to be a "fend for yours self event" there's oatmeal, grits & cold cereal in the pantry. i have muffins from yesterday and bagels on the counter. the fresh fruit is in the fridge as well as bacon, eggs & sausage. anything that has to be cooked you will have to cook for yourself.

i'm thinking of taking the day off. my day started out with me waking to a sound that i didn't recognize right away. the puppy, she was under the house and couldn't figure out how to get out. after crawling around under the house for 30 min i had ended up falling down the side yard. my knees and left shoulder hurt:BangHead: stupid puppy.

i did get 2 dresses put together yesterday:thumbs:

sue...i hope you get to feeling better...you are in our prayers.

gayla...praying you get good news at the doctor.

20. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all,

I slept from 4:00am until 7:00am very fitfully. I don't think I should still be coughing this hard and this often with 9 Prednisone tablets and 3 of the Z-Pac taken so far. I may have to visit the Dr. again. I was supposed to be feeling at least 50% better by today...I'm not.

Ann: Yes, I made it through the whole winter without being really sick and I thought I had it made...

Rob: I have not heard of the 'pillow trick', but I am going to try it when I take my nap. I've tried everything else. My rib cage is SO sore from coughing.

Gayla: Yep, the gunk got me! Praying your tumor markers are fantastic!

Tanya: Thanks for breakfast. I haven't had much of an appetite, but I'd better eat something. It will definitely be something I don't have to cook...

Thanks for all your prayers and keep them coming please. I do not want to end up in the hospital with pneumonia!

HAGD!
    §ue [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.