1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Heavenly Zion and Jerusalem. .....the Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

And I couldn't care less about how you feel either. You feel my address was what you feel it was. I don't because truthfully it wasn't what you stated.

Now how do you feel about the nonsense he said? Was that 'truth'?

• Like Like x 1
  2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't "feel" anything about anything on the BB. I think about things but my emotions are not involved. I use reason and logic, not "feelings" to determine where I stand.
    I don't feel anything about what he said. I think some was right and some was wrong. But I don't get all emotional about it.

3. Internet Theologian

Here's the thing. I see it. Others see it. It's there. It's been told numerous times.

It's not about lies that take place, or calling me blasphemous, saying that I deny creation, questioning of others salvation by the same, name calling by the same, that a brother is called an atheist by implication by. No, no, that is all overlooked.

It's about an illustration I used to show the asininity of a wooden literal interpretation that you take issue with. That's what's important. Not the other. That instead. It must be strained at. I must be drawn out over it. It and I am taken to task while the other is over-looked. That is a well known fact. That isn't feelings either, it is truth. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every word of this true. I have noticed this many times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem obsessed about things not on topic. Our discussion is about your claiming that his beliefs could result in the silly scenario of plucking out eyes and cutting off hands.

His understanding of the bible does not include doing any such thing and you know it. To say that is where his understanding leads is as wrong headed as claiming the Sovereignty of God must make God the author of sin.

You need to get over your tendency to try to nit-pick everything he says. He is not wrong all the time. Most of the time, maybe, but not all the time. And when you engage in such silly implications that he believes something he doesn't believe you only hurt your own credibility.

6. Internet Theologian

I've followed YOUR lead on this topic.

You merely don't understand my point even after I told you my intent. You're obsessed with not listening.

Of course I know it. I never said it nor was it implied. I gave you the reason I stated it. Basically you're not accepting what I said and why I said it. That's wrong on your part. You want to go with how you feel about what I said. Others get my explanation. You don't want to. My intent was clear when I first expressed it.

Nope. That's part of debate. Semantics. Nit-picking. He does it. You do it. All do it. I will continue to do it.

Mostly wrong.

My implication wasn't silly. Calling me blasphemous, denying God created the world, that is OK though. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason why he used the plucking of an eye or the severing of an hand was to show the weakness in the wooden, literal interpretation of the bible. Yes, we all believe the bible, but there are many places where the literal, wooden interpretation hinders one's theological understanding.

#307 SovereignGrace, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was silly. Believing in the superiority of the literal hermeneutic does not imply eye plucking nor hand severing. I believe in the superiority of the literal hermeneutic and still have both my eyes and both my hands. :)

Nor have I called you blasphemous nor have I even mentioned God creating or not creating the world. See the point? You are not taking to me. You are still whining about what he has said to you. :)

9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except nobody in this thread believes in the "wooden interpretation" of the bible. You are erecting a straw man argument, as I pointed out several posts ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh puh-leeze!! Whining?? Srsly? Let someone tell you you deny creation...a pseudo atheist and see how you'd feel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let someone compare you to Mrs. O'Hare and see how you'd like it Bro. TC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. If he attacked you report the post. The Moderators will look at it and make an unbiased assessment from a neutral position.

13. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, she's dead so I will probably come off pretty good. :)

And if you don't want to be compared to her, don't use her tactics. :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since when?

• Like Like x 1
  15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since I have been a Moderator/Administrator. That would be from July 2000 with a not so brief hiatus. :D

16. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bro. IT's post was very cogent. You just disagree. But it was a spot on observation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

18. Internet Theologian

You're the one whining and being silly. And nit picking. And over-looking what really should be dealt with and instead targeting me over a mere illustration I used while obsessing over how wrong it was in your feelings.

Guess what? You're wrong. I explained why I used it and its valid. I'd use it again in the same scenario.

You may understand your literal view, but that doesn't make it his or his methodology. That is what is obvious. He's not you. He doesn't use the same literal definition as you. Stop making him out to be you, others see his error as well as me. :)

#318 Internet Theologian, Mar 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Internet Theologian

Brother, no matter what a mod says it will be overlooked and they will all join in and gang up on others. It's called being deceitful and is an unjust judgement. :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Internet Theologian

Thanks for being honest about what I stated. Obviously one is bent to misrepresent my intent no matter how many times I tell him the intent. I must be lying and he must know my heart and mind.

I must be drawn out over my illustration over and over to ad nauseum! Biggrin

#320 Internet Theologian, Mar 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.