1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Boycotting Starbucks

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Aug 30, 2015.

1. targus

targus New Member

Yes, impractical.

Thankfully the Gospel clearly states that we are only called to attempt the practical. :rolleyes:

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Can you help me understand how you will boycott such a large list of companies? Take a look at United Way partners...how will you avoid all these companies and their products?

http://www.unitedway.org/our-partners

3. targus

targus New Member

I get it.

We are only called to perfect execution of action after obtaining perfect knowledge.

When you stand in judgement feel free to say, "But the job was so big!"

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's the matter with you? You don't do gourmet coffee? :smilewinkgrin:

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Can you help me understand how you will boycott these companies? Maybe you can convince me it is practical and I will participate.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Excuses are being made because this isn't really about trying to boycott "those" companies.

Starbucks, which I've never tasted, just happens to be what the right considers a very liberal agenda driven company, so it's okay to boycott them.

It only became "impractical" when they realized "Darn, there are some companies on that list that I like and I really like their stuff too". :laugh:

The only thing impractical about avoiding those companies is that the folks talking about boycotting ain't really concerned about Planned Parenthood or abortions but POLITICS.

If they really care about these other companies or Starbucks doing what they do, then the impractical would suddenly become practical.

it's obvious that what they say is a concern with Starbucks ain't really the real concern.

7. targus

targus New Member

Wait... Zaac was one of the people here who produced a list of companies as evidence that it is impractical to boycott.

Now he wants to impugn others?

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh:

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That IS the "gourmet coffee"! Actually, I usually only go if there is a drive through available and I'm going somewhere and need a cup of coffee. A lot of the time I will also go for their lemon loaf which is wonderful. If it's really hot and I need the treat, I'll get myself a small (tall) mocha frappuchino light. It's so yummy. But in the 12 things I buy at Startbucks (12 things to get one free), about 10 of them will be coffee and 2 will be a frappuchino. :)

I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks coffee but the blonde roast is not terrible and much less bitter than their regular coffee. Hubby LOVES their bold (SUPER bitter) coffee - ick!!! I really prefer the Nicaraguan coffee my friend brought home from Nicaragua. It's SOOOOO good. I'm down to 6 lbs. - they had better go back soon! LOL

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like their Pumpkin lattes.

11. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I order the Pike Place roast black. It's perfect.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#32 poncho, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015