1st Corinthians 15 Universal atonement

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by prophecy70, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    @Iconoclast

Concerning your posts (107, 108, and 109).

Page after page of Pink doesn't answer my questions to you. Nor does it explain your position. It just explains Pinks. Because you can't reduce what you believe down to brief concise statements, can't or won't answer my questions, but instead give me page after page of Pink, that tells me you believe the doctrine of another, but you don't know it yourself.

Yes, I have Pinks book on Hebrews, as well as others of his. Pink is very verbose. Never saying in 50 words what he can say in 500.

Quantrill

2. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you've no idea what elect means my friend . = jews . Service and purpose . Not gnosctism.

3. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The atonement does not glorify anyone. This is so basic its silly your missing it ?

4. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How is it the opposite of what I said? Here is your chance to be clear instead of providing more smoke.

I understand your need for smoke in giving multiple posts, filled with massive quotes and colors, but it doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Quantrill

5. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I read it. Big deal. I don't disagree with this. Of course Christ's death is imperative. That is not the issue we are discussing.

Quantrill

6. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You haven't presented any contradictions of mine. You refuse to answer my questions which clarifies my position.

Your doctrine of 'limited atonement' is a glass house. A house of cards.

This question was already asked in post #(11) and answered in post #(16)

Quantrill

7. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were ' set apart ' , made holy by regeneration, by the Holy Spirit , by receiving Jesus . This didn't happen on the cross. It happened after we believed. Notice Eph 2 which of course is after the atonement. Notice your included here
    11¶Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
    12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Calvinism flips everything back to front. Reformed theology is the most dangerous theology to come out of Christendom. Because of its acceptance within Christianity. Barely anyone really questions ALL 5 points .

8. Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe there is something that those who hold to 'limited atonement' need to carefully consider.

You cannot hold to 'limited atonement' and 'Federal Headship'. The doctrine of limited atonement does away with federal headship.

If Christ in the atonement, does not represent all of Adam's race, then He is not the Last Adam. He is but Christ dying for the elect.

The One representing the all is the only way Federal Headship works. If Adam represented the all, but Christ does not represent the same all, then Federal Headship is done, broken.

Now we have a serious problem. We can no longer claim salvation on the basis of the One representing the all. For that reason we must ask, who is the lucky person for whom Christ died? For Christ is but one Man. Is it you? What are the chances?

Don't say Christ died for all the elect, as there is no way Federal Headship can work as Christ didn't represent the all that Adam represented.

Quantrill

9. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please show the Scriptures that state that a person becomes saved after they repent and believe.
    In addition, please show the Scriptures that declare that the atonement is "potential".

I'm curious as to how you see it, so perhaps an in-depth review of God's word would help me to better understand it..

10. Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The atonement itself doesn't save anyone. So this ' potential ' ' limited ' , ' unlimited ' 25% off discount ,whilst offers last atonement is ridiculous. No one was saved by the atonement. Were saved by regeneration.

11. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jonah 3:6-10, "The word reached the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, removed his robe, covered himself with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. And he issued a proclamation and published through Nineveh, “By the decree of the king and his nobles: Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything. Let them not feed or drink water, but let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and let them call out mightily to God. Let everyone turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands (repent). Who knows? God may turn and relent and turn from his fierce anger, so that we may not perish.” When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way (repented), God relented of the disaster that he had said he would do to them, and he did not do it."

Mark 1:15, "and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”
    Luke 13:3, 5, "No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish...No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”
    Luke 18:13, "But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner! (repented)’"
    Luke 24:47, "and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem"
    Acts 2:37-38, "Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
    Acts 3:19, "Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,"

ANTHING else is a FALSE gospel that can NEVER save any sinner!!!

12. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry you do not understand what is being taught.Today is another day however,you can try once again.

13. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The atonement of Jesus does not save? Ok...

14. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Big deal???I can see you are to be taken seriously.

15. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    very simply put, when Jesus Christ died on the cross, this was for the whole human race, none excepted. I again return to the verse that some call, "the Gospel in a nutshell", John 3:16. I think that all will agree that Jesus' use of "world" here is the "whole human race", which is what the greater majority (95%) of Greek lexicons, studies say. This is to do with how far the Lord actually "loves" this fallen race. We are then told that "whosoever" (the Greek lexicon of Liddell & Scott, say that the Greek word, πας, can also have the meaning, "every single one"; in Homer's Greek, "each, every, the whole"), from this "whole human race", were to "believe" (including repentance, as in Mark 1:15), will be saved. If as some suppose, that a ceartin class "the elect" were only provided for on the cross, then this offer of salvation to "whole human race", is completely meaningless, and nothing more than a sham!

First John chapter 2 also tells about this, "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world". "Propitiation" is from "ἱλασμός", where the meaning is, "a means of appeasing, propitiation". But it is also used in the LXX for "forgiveness". The Reformed commentary by Jamieson, Faussett, and Brown, is helpful on this text:

"Also for the sins of the whole world. Christ's advocacy is limited to believers (1Jn_2:1; 1Jn_1:7): His propitiation extends as widely as sin: note, 2Pe_2:1, "the whole world" cannot be restricted to the believing portion (cf. 1Jn_4:14 and 1Jn_5:19). 'Thou, too, art part of the world: thine heart cannot think, The Lord died for Peter and Paul, but not for me' (Luther).

16. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If a blind person cannot see a rainbow does that mean it does not exist?

17. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pink is verbose???Don't you just hate when he lists all those troublesome bible verses?If you have no need for his commentary I will take it off your hands and give it to someone who will use it.

18. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your failure to grasp what is being said here,in a way a small child could understand demonstrates that you do not want an answer

19. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If so, it's because your position is not taught in the Bible.

20. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe that the atonement pays for all sins?

To answer your question:
    If endurance were up to my efforts, I would fail like Peter in the Temple courts at Jesus trial. However, just as my being made alive with Christ is entirely an effort by God, so my perseverance is entirely an effort by God.
    God ordains my perseverance.

Our core difference is that you view yourself as co-pilot with God and think your efforts save you. I view myself as a wretch whom God must choose to save by His efforts alone.

I am very grateful to my Savior.