1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

239 Experts: Coronavirus May Linger in Air, Airborne Transmission Possible

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

More good news from our Prez. Media is suppressing this, but the mortality rate is plunging.

“COVID-19 (China Virus) Death Rate PLUNGES From Peak In U.S.” A Tenfold Decrease In Mortality. The Washington Times
    @WashTimes
    Valerie Richardson. We have the lowest Mortality Rate in the World. The Fake News should be reporting these most important of facts, but they don’t!​

And this is with HCQ being denied to thousands. Imagine where we'd be if the FDA didn't make it so difficult to prescribe.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Instead, it was a life and death matter, and they lied.

There is absolutely no excuse for it, except for their own arrogance and condescension.

Now everybody pays for their lies.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even California which was quick to shut down its economy is now seeing an increase in case expansion. A government cannot control the actions of 330,000,000 people unless it is willing to use lethal force to do so, and I certainly don’t think they are willing to shoot people for refusing to wear a mask or refusing to social distance. We really are going to have just do what we can to mitigate the impacts while this virus moves around the country. Just open things up and let people use their own judgment and hope for the best. My advice to the nation is to just buck up, Bucky.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Calminian

Site Supporter

...which comes with increased testing. Of course we're going to find more cases, if we ramp up testing. The death toll, however, is plummeting. And it looks like they're not going to be able to suppress HCQ much longer.

I say open up, and ditch the masks. They're not working, and likely never have. In fact, they may be making things worse. Is it really wise to wear a germ catcher on your face?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If masks worked all that well , we should have been wearing them from the beginning. Then, maybe we wouldn't have 40 million people unemployed. That's the most insane thing this country has ever done to itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Calminian

Site Supporter

There was just an article published by a doctor that's very concerned about masks. He believes they're doing more harm than good, lowering oxygen intake.

I can't prove my thinking, but have been wondering if they might be spreading the virus since they're causing people to fidget near their eyes, nose and mouths.

And yeah, just a couple months ago they were saying only the professionals, with training on how to wear them, should be wearing.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya never took that trip to NYC I’m guessing then.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    they do...just ask someone with respiratory issues like cops or asthma.

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, gosh, I wonder what Japan, Taiwan, and the other Asian countries have been doing since the beginning?
    And what's their infection rate?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never been interested in visiting The Big Apple. I lean more pastoral than urban.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Calminian

Site Supporter

It doesn't look to be like they're using homemade bandanas. My guess is they may be a little more trained on dos and don't dos.

Also, since when are they the standard? Can they be wrong?

And hay, I support your freedom to wear a mask as long as you like. It's your choice if you want less oxygen.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would have seen overrun hospitals and no place to put the dead. BTW that’s trumps town.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What type of mask?

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shooting them, hmmm now there is an idea worth considering.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Sweden...

I don't. You know why?

Because it doesn't matter. I believe our scientists are 2nd to none, until politics gets involved and they deliberately lie to us.

And lie is what they did, have done, and continue to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, I hear the Dems never handled it well up in your area and around NYC, never shut down the subways nor sterilized them, forced infected people onto the nursing homes....etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the most densely populated piece of property in the country... you go to work in a train or bus with standing room only, get to a crowded port authority station and jump a sardine can subway or cross town bus. Then you stand in a crowded lobby waiting for an crowded elevator to take you to your floor and usually end up in a cubicle shared by others. No way to prepare for that nightmare. I would and read the stats, 300 dead, 350, dead, your friends are infected, this ones in the hospital, this one just died. Yea, what an experience... especially after a 3 year ordeal with my wife’s cancer treatments and I was scared to come home and possibly infect her. So washed and showered often, masked up, didn’t shake hands etc.

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like WHO is reversing their position:

WHO: Indoor airborne spread of coronavirus possible

LONDON — The World Health Organization is acknowledging the possibility that COVID-19 might be spread in the air under certain conditions — after more than 200 scientists urged the agency to do so.

In an open letter published this week in a journal, two scientists from Australia and the U.S. wrote that studies have shown “beyond any reasonable doubt that viruses are released during exhalation, talking and coughing in microdroplets small enough to remain aloft in the air.”

The researchers, along with more than 200 others, appealed for national and international authorities, including WHO, to adopt more stringent protective measures.

WHO has long dismissed the possibility that the coronavirus is spread in the air except for certain risky medical procedures, such as when patients are first put on breathing machines.

In a change to its previous thinking, WHO noted on Thursday that studies evaluating COVID-19 outbreaks in restaurants, choir practices and fitness classes suggested the virus might have been spread in the air.

Airborne spread "particularly in specific indoor locations, such as crowded and inadequately ventilated spaces over a prolonged period of time with infected persons cannot be ruled out,” WHO said.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Calminian

Site Supporter