1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

85-year-old says she was strip searched at JFK

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously? Stripping down, to whatever extent, an 85-year old woman was necessary? Can you please explain why?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Because an old woman with an ostomy bag could absolutely NOT be carrying feces but instead a bomb. In this day and age where they would smuggle a bomb in a baby's diaper or in a "pregnant" woman's belly, then a "medical device on an old woman" could absolutely be an issue.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

This attitude is why this country is headed for the total distruction of our freedoms and rights.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I disagree. I'm just being realistic and would like for there to be somewhat of a safe world for my children.

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Just let one more jet be blown out of the sky with a bomb smuggled on board and these same ones who gripe about the searches will complain that enough wasn't done, especially if one of their loved ones are on board.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You are following the same logic that the German people followed when Hitler promised them what he did. They gave up their rights just like you want us all to do. Once they are gone they are almost impossible to bring back.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The thing is the searches are not necessary as there are other ways to handle it. Also I would far rather lose a loved one or my own life then to surrender my freedoms and rights. The statement "Give me liberty or give me death" today is lacking in the hearts of many people in this country and we are seeing the results.
    When they are gone the same people who worked so hard to destroy them will be the ones who cry the loudest.

8. mandym

mandym New Member

So let me get this straight. Someone on the board would rather lose their life or life of a loved one that have some woman's colostomy bag checked?

Why am I not surprised.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

On Sunday, I saw an old friend. She introduced me to her 5 year old son Joseph who was named after his uncle who died in the World Trade Center. I'm sorry but I will allow someone to search me and my loved ones to assure that we are safe. Since it would be my choice to travel by plane, it is my choice to allow the authorities to search me. There are no "taking rights away" from anyone.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

OH yes you have as well as the TSA. In the past it was my right to fly without being searched. Now it is not. It is no different then spitting on the graves of every service person who has fought and died in combat for the freedoms and rights of the people of this nation when any person desires to surrender the rights of others for their personal comfort. You have helped the government strip away my right by agreeing to this unconstitutional search, just like the people of Germany did under Hitler when he convinced them to give up their rights..

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Show me the constitutional right to flight and I will agree.

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann, are you some kind of extreme right wing constitutional freak?
    Next thing is you are going to tell me I don't have a right to go thur a red light - that does restrict my travel. And I do have a right to carry a gun on a plane, I also have a right to bring 10 suitcases on the plane if I so desire, I have the right to fly on a plane even if my BAC is *.32 ! and I have the right......... :smilewinkgrin:

and Free - you stated "I would far rather lose a loved one or my own life then to surrender my freedoms and rights."
    Its not just a matter of your life, but as Ann stated about the WTC - remeber just one plane killed over 1,000 people.:tear:
    Free - one other thing - I'm glad I'm not related to you!:praying:

Salty

PS * legal limit to be considered DWI = .08 (BTW - that is a federal blackmail issue)

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ann because of your liberal bent and unconstitutional position you would not agree if the supreme court showed you we are not to be subject to un-reasonable searches.
    But if you want to do the reasearch yourself read the Fourth Amendment and you can reject that also.

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is too bad because you will wish you were in eternity.

15. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Just when I think you couldn't get any more ridiculous, you go and do it!

You are very good as asking questions and making asinine statements. Why will you not answer them, are you too cowardly?

BTW, you are questioning another member's salvation. You have been reported.

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sympathies to your friend and their loss; but screening procedures were in place prior to 9/11, and yet, they didn't stop the terrorists from accomplishing their goal.

We will have to agree to disagree on this subject. The only question I can ask is: Okay, searching an 85-year old woman to make sure her colostomy bag is actually a colostomy bag makes you feel safer. So what's your "deciding line" to feel safe, rather than just safer?

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Heaven. Otherwise, all I can do is "safer" here. :)

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good answer.

So until then, anything/everything goes?

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAL, you don't have a "right" to fly, just as you don't have a "right" to drive.

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Show me that in the constitution. :laugh: