A question of authority

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Watermaker, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Maybe "but a "shadow" or a "sign"", but no "seal". The "Seal" is the One Who saved, sealed and secured for ever. It is no "ceremonial external rite God ordained", God-ordained or not; there is no 'but' about the Seal of or about being sealed by the Holy Spirit. The 'Something', is 'HE', the 'Seal' that seals.

2. SpiritualMadMan New Member

I believe that the Holy Spirit is the "Engagement Ring" for the "Bride of Christ" when Paul (?) speaks of the Holy Spirit being the earnest or down payment of our inheiritance (sp?) in Christ.

I agree with these are all "Shadows" or "Signs" of a heavenly fact. But, not "Seals".

Which is why I do not have grief with Messianics unless they consider the Feasts and Festivals as Essential or Neccesary for Salvation.

I remain greatly ill at ease, though, with the "Just In case" mentality.

3. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Certainly Baptism is an outward symbol/sign of the choice of the individual to follow Christ.

The new birth is the result of that choice and it occurs before Baptism.

The seal of God as we see in Ephesians 1 is done through the power of the Holy Spirit.

In Rev 7 we are told that the 4 winds of human strife are withheld "until" the saints of God are sealed at the end of time.

in Christ,

Bob

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

I have no moment's patience with the 'Messianics'; in my opinion they are antichrist. Not only because of their legalism and works-righteousness and total disregard for the Third Commanment, but first of all because they DENY THE DIVINITY OF CHRIST.

There is absolutely NOTHING of the Good News found between them. They are worse an enemy of Christianity than Islam itself because they are wolves clad in sheepskin.

5. SpiritualMadMan New Member

FIRST! I am *NOT* a messianic.

SECOND! I have at NO TIME denied the Diety of Christ!

Again, your much learning, without stretching of your mind, has led you to make assumptions, based purely on your own preconcieved prejudices of the use of normal words.

Good grief I wish you Ivory Tower Theologians would come down and learn to talk with the rest of us mere mortals!

BTW: While you may not agree with my useage... And, I am not going to deformat it so mayne you can see it clearly?

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    It will not require any learning, only a bit of common sense to read and see I did not refer to your hyper sensitive highness. Your sensitivity and quickness to take offense speak loud and clear though.

7. SpiritualMadMan New Member

If you were not referring to me, then why did you reference your response to my post by quoting me?

You didn't decouple your response for the quote.

What else was I to think?