1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Adam and Eve and???

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, May 30, 2018.

1. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kinda sounds like "I'm losing here, so I'm gonna take my ball and go home". :) Or........ "I'm going right back to the KJVO forum and continue to bash them for doing exactly what I'm doing here myself"...........<---------isn't that the definition of a hypocrite?

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I'm NOT losing. You have NOT proven me wrong.

We see the results of intermarrying in the royal families of Europe and on Pitcairn Island. the people of pitcairn are almost all descendants of the nine mutineers of the Bounty who landed there in 1790 with six tahitian men, 12 Tahitian women, & one infant girl. While those people were not related, evertually, their descendants all became related, as there were no outsiders coming to live with them, and their overall health is declining with each generation.

As for Eve being the mother of all living - my sons are Robys, who resemble me in many manners, as well as their mom who is no birth relation to me whatsoever. My grandsons are also Robys who resemble me, my wife, & their own mothers. So, technically, my wife is their "mother" and I'm technically their "father". although they have their own mothers' blood as well as mine.

So, IF - I emphasize "IF" - God created others to marry Eve's sons, she'd still be the "mother" of her grandchildren. And who's to say God didn't create other women from a part of Eve, same as He created Eve from part of Adam? AGAIN, TOTAL SPECULATION!

But d
    No.

Sarah was not his FULL sister.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So IF God had created others they would have been born without sin.......

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    BUT marriage of half-siblings - is ILLEGAL in all States/commonwealths of the USA

5. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the total speculation to which you are driven when you will not accept the simple biblical record.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is what he refuses to see. And that causes him to say the bible is wrong when it says Eve was, or became, the mother of all living. If Cain's wife, and and possibly Seth's wife, were not Eve's children then the bible is a lie.

The midrash, Genesis Rabba (בְּרֵאשִׁית רַבָּה‬, B'reshith Rabba), tells us that Cain's wife was not only his sister, but that she was the twin sister of Abel.

God did not institute any law against marrying close kin until 2,500 years later, in the time of Moses (Leviticus 18:10). Consider some of the important instances listed in the Bible: Noah’s grandchildren must have married each other (all of whom were cousins or siblings). Abraham married his half-sister Sarah (Genesis 20:12). Abraham’s son Isaac married his closer-than-a-cousin Rebecca. And Jacob married his much-closer-than-cousins Leah and Rachel. In those early years, there was no law against marrying close kin. And to invent such a law is to add to the bible, which is condemned in Rev 22:18 "I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, if anyone adds to them, may God add to him the plagues which are written in this book."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like Divorce?

Polygamy?

In the Garden, when Adam and Eve were innocent, nakedness was permissible. After the Fall, it was not. In the Garden, eating animals was not permissible. After the Fall it was.

#47 Aaron, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  8. John D. Wright

Faith:
    Baptist
    You realize that prior to the Law people could eat pork and after the Law people eat pork again. The prohibition against incest has not be lifted of course but there was no such prohibition in Adam's time.

The reason our current secular society forbids incest is that genetically the offspring are far more likely to have problems. That is because of the overlapping of genetic defects. Personally I believe this has a lot to do with aging as well. So this effect was far less in Adam's time and likely prior to the flood in general.

I believe the heavy burden of proof is on the person asserting God created additional human beings. Without any proof, we would by default not believe additional human beings were created.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We should go with was stated to us, and not be inferring based upon it fits our preconceived beliefs in this area.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God did not view cain and his sister has beeing sinful arrangement, so why should we?

11. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ^^^^^^ Ask roby3....he doesn't think so.