1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Add another Likudnik to the 2016 'Republican' hopefuls...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by kyredneck, Feb 22, 2015.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a video, a sickening video which I will not search for and provide a link, called satan at the wailing wall that is absolutely horrible if it is indeed factual.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And all of this no doubt confuses the masses. Why are Christians who follow Jesus praying there under Orthodox Jewish rules?

We can support Israel because God says . But we shouldn't give the appearance that the Jews and Christians are worshiping the same God by praying at a rock and doing so under Jewish rules.

This is politics over faith in Christ because it looks good for potential donors. We don't have to travel half way around the globe to pray at an old wall. It kinda takes away from the work of the Cross.

#82 Zaac, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
  3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bingo! Give Zaac a peanut! Jewish funding/backing and Christian Zionist votes is zactly what they're after!

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Very well said Zaac. Finally we agree on something!

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever Huckabee does matters little at this point. The GOP always nominates the frontrunner and all of the sudden today's frontrunner is Gov. Scott Walker. No worries, man.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    image Scott Walker at the wailing wall

No evidence that he has 'performed the vetting ritual' yet. But he will, if he's serious about being POTUS. Relax, I'll post the pic when it happens. They HAVE to be photographed as proof for all to see they've done it. It's very important.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Why? They don't get the Jewish vote. That goes to democrats.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ???

Jewish VOTE amounts to didley squat, evangelical vote is essential.

"In 2006, 60% of the Democratic Party’s fundraising and 25% of that for the Republican Party's fundraising came from Jewish-funded Political Action Committees."
    Israel lobby in the United States

#88 kyredneck, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank God for Scott Walker:love2::thumbs:

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't know much about Scott Walker...yet. But I was just reading this article, and I kinda don't like the tone.

Red flag. I'm not feeling any candidate who believes whether or not a candidate is a follower of Christ is not a significant issue.

11. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Scott Walker is a typical career politician. He scored his first office by moving to a district where he was more electable.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Interesting. I get a bad vibe from his pictures. Like he's hiding something. He's got a dishonest Al Gore look about himself.

13. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you look at his entire answer to the question he was asked by the reporter he is not making it a significant issue. The press is. I hope that you give Walker the same respect you were asking for Obama in the Islam thread and listen to what he actually said and not the spin that the left is putting on it.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you agree that Hillary Clinton is a typical career politician.

15. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, he is more likeable than at first seemed possible because he really wasn't known nationally. He just catapulted to the top. He is driving the Democrats nuts, which is a sign that they are afraid of him. To me, Hillary is such a loser but the Dems are set to crown her queen in Philadelphia in 2016.

Now if the GOP would just take a look at Sen. Sessions....

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I did look at his entire answer.

And that was my point. He doesn't seem to think it's a big issue.

Again, I did listen. And based upon his comments, and I could be wrong, but I get the impression, from what he said that he doesn't think a candidate's faith is much of an issue to people.

I just don't like his answer. Folks who are about Jesus generally go straight to the Cross when you ask them about faith. Politicians, who view faith as a bullet point on their resume to success, usually don't talk about it in terms of the personal relationship.

I just don't like it when folks who say they are Christians somewhat flippantly dismiss the relevance of faith to the American citizenry. It has always come across to me like someone who doesn't give a rat's patooty about the true Biblical conservatives who are the base of the GOP.

It's as though certain people don't want faith to be an issue because they don't think they can win with a Biblically conservative platform. And that may be true.

But after the last two Presidential elections, I would have hoped that they figured out that they can't win a national election by alienating the base.

17. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Zacc I misread your post and thought that you were going after him like the press is for not jumping to Obamas defense. I see what you ate saying and can respect that.

18. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My son lives in Wisconsin. After college he got a computer job in Madison. The man has done amazing things with very angry opposition. He survived a recall election and was handily reelected. Once while visiting there a few years ago, my son took me on a tour of the state capitol. As we walked out of the building, we got caught in an organized crowd that was shouting, "recall Walker." It took us one block or so to break free of the crowd.

Huckabee IMO is just another consummate establishment candidate like Romney or Mitch McConnell. If nominated the Republicans will lose. Walker from what I have seen is a refreshing change. There are several other candidates out there like Paul, Cruz, Rubio, and Carson. I would vote for any of them. In fact, think about a Walker Carson ticket. The only way the Democrats are going to win next year is or Republicans to nominate the typical liberal to moderate RINO like they pretty much have since Reagan left office.

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scott Walker is the real thing and has done what he said that he would do. That is why he survived the recall and why he was reelected.

20. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Wisconsin, the Republicans also hold both the Assembly and the Senate. Walker has the backing to proceed with his policies, which he is actually doing.

I believe that what the DNC is scared of is that the same scenario will be played out in Washington.