After Sandy Hook we said never again and then we let 1,686 mass shootings happen

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, May 19, 2018.

1. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And thank God the Republicans in the end let it be a Democrat only bill, that is because the Dems would not allow any amendments by the Republicans at all. We cannot forget all the bribes that were paid out by Obama either, to get their fellow Dems to vote for the legislation. Funny how many of them were immediately voted out of office in the next election for passing Obamacare. This monstrosity was passed in the dead of night with so many backroom deals it made the Tammany Hall people look like lightweights!

Remember Bart Stupak and the agreement Obama had to sign on abortion? Ha, that wasn't worth the paper it was written on. And then we had Obama actually going after religious organizations over contraception and abortions, does the words "The Little Sisters of the Poor" ring a bell? What about conscience rights, do you not believe in such a thing?

This was not a bill that was set up to "improve our health". It was a wealth distribution scheme, taking money from those who work and giving it to those who didn't. It was said that there were 30,000 uninsured people, and there was no need to turn the whole system topsy turvy to get them covered.

As for Obama and this whole kit and caboodle, he lied time and time again about it.

2. I Love An Atheist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Correction again. The quote about judging not lest you be judged is a part of the Sermon on the Mount. I am making way too many dumb mistakes the past few days. I just can't properly focus anymore. I will be taking a summer break. I hope everybody has a wonderful summer.

3. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said Obama lied. I said that the bill that was passed was not the original bill because there was no frepublican cooperation.

4. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

5. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really are drinking the lib/dem koolaide, as the Bill they passed into law was all and exactly what Obama wanted, remember, they NEVER bothered to eve look at or amend it!

6. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true.

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They stated that they never even bothered to look at the bill, and so took it all as written and passed it!
    president Obama keep using exwecutivbe orders to change the law after was passed and signed, but those were unconstional, as its upto Congress to amend what is now Law!

8. FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People use inanimate objects to do wicked things. How many people have been killed by an attacker using his bare hands versus one who has a knife or gun?

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The high rate of murders in say Chicago not sue to guns, as Chicago has perhaps strictest gun laws in USA, but do to people being wickd and sinners acting out their sin natures!