1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured All Israel Will be Saved. Romans 11:26

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not bloodline, ethnicity, nationality, nor race that will determine the salvation of all Jews at Christs' coming. Why would you assume that I think such a thing? It is faith and faith alone in Christ that will save them all.

2. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You quoted, "...untilthe fullness of the Gentiles be come in."....then, "untilthe fullness of the Gentiles be come in."

That is an absolute 'yes' and it answers to every critic as to whether Israel and the church are the same thing. They are not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is some grand misconception perpetrated by those who would reject the national/political/ethnic (or whatever grouping one determines to assign) the Jews future salvation. It is in this matter that they would claim there is some kind of different or change in the message of salvation. But that is just wrong, and it is time for such a misconception to be stopped.

There is NO difference. That is the point of Paul's statements. The Gentiles are given a time for salvation by grace through faith. Following that will be the unblinding of the national / political / ethnic (or whatever grouping one determines to assign) the Jews, and they, too, will be saved by grace through faith. ALL who are saved are saved in exactly the same manner.

One cannot find consistency reading the statements of Romans 11 and especially Paul's longing for the house of Israel, in which he identifies himself, and then suppose some magical formula to place "all Israel" as other than including BOTH the gentile believers and those of the Jews that will be also saved by grace through faith at the return of the Lord when the blinders are removed and they look upon Him as BOTH savior and king.

I would ask those of use who are more Calvinistic in thinking.

WHO does the saving and who does the blinding?

Why then does it not seem consistent that the one who blinds and blocks for a period of time would not remove the blindness and unblock the heart at His purpose for His glory?

Did He not do that for you? At the specific time appointed for His purpose?

Paul states that God promises are certain for both those who are ethnically Gentile and Jew.

4. beameup

beameup Member

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jeremiah 31:31-33

5. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made a mistake above. I should have said, "And all Israel will be saved" as part of my reason for saying, "That's an absolute 'yes'."

Best wishes.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To reject that Jew and Gentiles are one and the same under the New Covenant one must nullify the entire Galatians 3 chapter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the Christian and the saved Jew are one of the same under the new covenant...but NOT the same with the Jew under the Law of Moses.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2.

The Law of Moses was good, righteous, and holy....but it could only condemn. The law of Christ as mentioned above was/is also good, righteous, and holy but it is at a much higher level for Christian Jews and Christian gentiles alike: Also, it brings life. Therefore, Israel and the church are not the same.

8. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My pastor asked me if I believe there's a distinction between Israel and the Church. My answer:

Can we get to the same bottom line if we ask the opposite - are they the same? I don't like either question.

They're not even in the same context, so how can they be either same or distinct?

Is Boy Scout distinct from Pakistan?
    Is Mormon distinct from Kenya?

One is by birth, the other by conviction.

Is there a distinction between girl and doctor?
    Is there a distinction between black and movie-goer?

It's a little ridiculous to speak of distinction between two which are not necessarily contextually connected

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BINGO! ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsupWink

10. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The problem with you interpretation is that it is contrary to the context of the overall chapter. It is what has been "cut off" that will be "grafted in again" and the "remnant" has never been cut off. All agree it is the nation of Israel that has been cut off AS A WHOLE (not the remnant) and therefore it is the nation of Israel AS A WHOLE that will be grafted in "again."

Moreover, the Israel he is describing is called "Jacob" and gentiles are never referred to as "jacob".

In addition, this "Jacob" is NOW the enemy of the gospel for the sake of Gentiles, and so "Israel" cannnot be the lost gentile elect as it is the cutting off of Israel that brings the gospel to the gentile elect. Moreover, it is that same "Jacob" that is the same present enemy to SAVED Gentiles but is BELOVED by the Father according to the purpose of election.

Your view of Romans 11:25-28 simply does not fit the Romans 11 when considered in the overall context of Romans 11.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. beameup

beameup Member

After "the fullness of the Gentiles be come in" the Temple will be rebuilt and Mosaic sacrifices resumed in Jerusalem. The Israeli "Feast of Trumpets" has much to say about this "transition" through associated terminology and symbolism.
    Talmudic Judaism is full of lies about Messiah and "Christianity". The Talmud was an invention to keep the rabbis in business after the Temple and priesthood were destroyed. However, it has kept the Jews together for two millennia while Gentiles and a small number of individual Jews have been added to the Body of Christ.

12. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That new Covenant came into effect the very moment Christ rose from His tomb. The 'My ppl' are His church, for which He hung, bled, died, and arose for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. beameup

beameup Member

This Covenant has not taken effect yet. It will occur when Messiah comes to his people. Nobody has "the Law written on their hearts".

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jeremiah 31:33

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: Hebrews 8:10 probably the Septuagint

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; Hebrews 10:16 probably the Septuagint

14. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ri
    In the middle of your two Hebrews quotes, in chapter 9, it says this covenant was inaugurated in the blood of Christ. I think He only died once, for all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. beameup

beameup Member

The Covenant referred to is the supernatural "implanting" of God's Law into the hearts and minds of all (remaining) Jews, and will occur at the Second Coming. Jeremiah 31:33 is a Jew-specific Covenant.

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    see Jeremiah 31, repeated in Hebrews 8 & 10 (that makes "3 witnesses" to this truth).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Amos 9:15
    And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

16. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, God did not place His Law into your heart and mind when He saved you?

17. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of this...ALL. OF. THIS. Was fulfilled three days after He was buried...when He arose from the tomb.

Your hyperdispensationalism is destroying your hermeneutics.

18. beameup

beameup Member

Behold, I will gather them [Jews] out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place [Israel], and I will cause them to dwell safely: And they shall be my people, and I will be their God: And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land [Israel] assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul. Jeremiah 32:37-41

Perhaps Replacement Theology and Works Salvation is hindering your understanding of scripture.

19. beameup

beameup Member

Romans 11:1a I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid
    Romans 11:11a I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid
    Romans 11:15 For if the setting aside of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
    Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
    Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
    Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
    Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings SG,
    Although this line of thought does not directly answer the original post made by asterisk Tom it has a connection IMO.

Not only that it is of great importance because a new "movement" is afoot called "Hebraic Roots" which is infiltrating churches and taking quite a few into their fold.

They claim that ALL of the law should be written in our hearts and this Law is called The Torah or Ha-Torah which is the Law which Jesus kept, the hundreds of rules (mitzvouth) in the OT (Sabbath keeping, dietary laws, keeping Hebrew "feasts", etc...)

Their mantra being "If we believe in Him we should walk as He walked".

Followed by questions such as "did Yeshua (they won't call Him Jesus) eat pork, was Yeshua a Sabbath keeper or a Sunday keeper, etc, etc...).

Actually there are more than a few of these groups. I have discovered that they are offshoots of the now defunct Garner Ted Armstrong The World Tomorrow assembly.

So, I would say technically - no God did not put this Law into my heart when I personally was saved because there are 613 of these "mitzouth" in the OT and approximately 1/3 of them cannot be kept because there is no temple in Israel and no viable levitical priesthood both of which are required to keep the whole Torah.

In this age we have the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide us in our walk (Romans 8:1, 8:4; actually all of Romans 8 - Galatians 5:6, 25 - actually all of Galatians 5).

Of course we are accused of antinomianism by these hebraists the answer to which is that the Holy Spirit has never led me on a walk into sin.

If and when I sin as a Christian it is because I have ignored His leading and walked after the flesh of which I have been corrected (sometimes the hard way).

Now had I been born again under the Law of Moses then yes my desire would be to keep the multitude of mitzvouth.

My/our desire should be to do His will and keep the commandments of Jesus Christ, not the Law of Moses.

HankD

#40 HankD, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.