1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured All Israel Will be Saved. Romans 11:26

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's interesting information Hank and I will add these scriptures also from Galatians 3... Brother Glen

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Brother Glen,

My point of course that there being no external Law for us then what is the guiding light - The Spirit of Christ of course.

It is amazing to me that the legalists such as those behind the "Hebraic roots" movement are still with us even after the apostles themselves openly condemned them in Acts Chapter 15.

They answer that they keep the commandments (although none of them do or can) because they are saved and don't keep them in order to be saved but on the other hand they thoroughly condemn us as having the mark of the beast for keeping the Lord's Day rather than the Sabbath.

When I showed them some of the regulations (mitzvouth) which they don't or cannot keep I was maligned and shut out of their face book account.

I was able to show them this passage before I was banished:

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Hopefully this will show them that there is no hope in the law but that it can only condemn. Only Jesus can save.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this law written in the hearts of the believers?

Love one another.

Can we read the threads of these forums and truly believe that?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can, but sometimes we need to do a better job of expressing it that is why Jesus repeated it so many times.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree but sometime even though we read it in scripture when we put self ahead of what is written in our hearts and minds and not in practical Christian application we fail... We all walk with feet of clay!... Brother Glen

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the hearts? or threads?

Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

If that spiritual evidence is not written in our hearts, we are not believers.

7. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the thread subject, we need a Biblical definition of "all Israel."
    Is "all Israel" -
    every physical descendant of Abraham?
    everyone claiming to be a Jew?
    citizens of the modern state claiming to be Israel?
    all believers in Jesus, regardless of ethnicity?
    all Jewish believers in Jesus prior to AD 70 who were delivered before the destruction?
    European Jews regardless of ethnicity?
    American Jews regardless of ethnicity?
    Semitic Jews?
    A remnant of 7,000 ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 11 NET
    25For I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: A partial hardening has happened to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion; he will remove ungodliness from Jacob. 27And this is my covenant with them, when I take away their sins.” 28In regard to the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but in regard to election they are dearly loved for the sake of the fathers. 29For the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable.
    This can't be referring to us Christians this day and age because we already have our sins taken away. If this is referring to Christians this day and age, how could Christians be enemies in regard to the gospel to other Christians? What enemy of dispensational theology wants to explain this to me? :Roflmao

9. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul is quoting Isaiah 59
    20 ‘The Redeemer will come to Zion,
    to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,’
    declares the Lord.
    21 ‘As for me, this is my covenant with them,’ says the Lord.
    Isaiah writes in the future tense, & Paul quotes in the future tense, but of course the Redeemer, our Lord Jesus Christ, HAS come. The prophecy is not still future, it's fulfilled in & by Jesus.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And not a full pretierist!

11. Jope

Jope Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mistake my position to be that Christ isn't the fulfiller of this prophecy. I am claiming that Jesus will take away the jews' sins after we're raptured. You also never addressed my actual only question posed in the post. How can a Christian be an enemy to another Christian on the grounds of the gospel?? This is what enemies of dispensational theology have to answer for because their position, inadvertently to their knowledge or not, claims this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is it that many get to redefine israel as now meaning church, but the NT still does not make that true?

13. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Edited - italics

Of course Christians are not enemies of other Christians, whether Jew or Gentile. It's all in the timing. Paul's "English" is not easy to parse, regardless of translation.

Paul can only mean that unsaved Israel at the time of writing, while the nation still existed are enemies of the Gospel, and that the nation is in the general sense loved because of the promises to the Patriarchs, & many are being saved. (the elect) Notice verse 28 is present tense, not future.

I do NOT consider present day Israel nor present day Jews to be enemies of the Gospel in the same sense. They are a people, several people groups that need the Gospel. They are not specifically enemies, any more than Muslims or Hindus. All nations, people groups, & people of other religions need the Gospel. Persecution is never justified.

#53 Covenanter, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God used them to allow God to reach the gentiles for Christ, and He will still in the end bring them back, as per same Paul!

15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell that to the now nearly extinct Palestinian Christians, thanks to the Christian Zionist unconditional support of the Zionists.

16. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How "Christian" is Christian Zionism? That's not to suggest that Christian Zionists are not Christians, but that they are in a de facto "bewitched" situation in having "Israel" in the centre of their thinking, rather than Christ.

They preach the Gospel & worship the triune God, but they maintain that OC prophecy is yet unfulfilled, despite the NC & the perfect fulfilment in & by our Lord Jesus Christ.

However, they have been bewitched by the claimed "literal interpretation" (an oxymoron) of the OC that looks to physical fulfilment of prophecy, rather than spiritual.

They therefore see the presence of non-Jews in the promised land as a violation of the promises, & the oppression of all Palestinians as justified - they shouldn't be there.

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and 'Christian Zionist' isn't?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course it is oxymoronic ...

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when God gives them their promised land in full, and saves those alive at the Second Coming, you will be judging God?

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a done deal from ancient times:

43 So Jehovah gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
    44 And Jehovah gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; Jehovah delivered all their enemies into their hand.
    45 There failed not aught of any good thing which Jehovah had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass. Josh 21

And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which Jehovah your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, not one thing hath failed thereof. Josh 23:14

Blessed be Jehovah, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by Moses his servant. 1 Ki 8:56

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.