1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Am I Calvinist or Arminian?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Steven Yeadon, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You and I are saying the same thing. That's why I say a rudimentary understanding.

• Like Like x 1
  2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Like giving a glass of water to someone dying of thirst. It can be refused + He didn't save himself.

I bet you told your parents you raised and fed yourself as a infant.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Roflmao One's birth is an eminent picture of salvation. I certainly had no choice the matter. Did you? :Alien

But in the case of your thirsty man refusing water: Why will one refuse and another accept? In the case of thirsty men, it's because one is sane and the other is not. In the case of salvation, it's because one is better and does better than the other. If you say that's not true, then you are arguing Calvinism, that God has given grace to one that He has not given to the other.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. utilyan

Site Supporter

"One's birth is an eminent picture of salvation. I certainly had no choice the matter. Did you? :Alien"
    I didn't decide my birth, And God chose to baptize me too.

"In the case of salvation, it's because one is better and does better than the other."

Wow that's exactly how Jesus put it! With countless examples.

Matthew 7

24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25“And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26“Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27“The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”

You think there is more saved wise men who build on rocks or fools who build on sand?

God didn't decide for you to build your house on sand. You did that by yourself. Quit blaming God for your mistakes.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not, for I am just"blaming" Him for my salvation!

6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 1:50 AM Pacific.

7. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You miss what Jesus is saying.
    The only persons who have ears to hear are those whom God chooses to open their ears.
    Therefore those who are saved build on the rock.

Those who are not saved build on the sand.

God gives the unsaved over to their lists and rebellion (Romans 1).
    God chooses to save whom he wills, not whoever wills themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. utilyan

Site Supporter

He is pretty clear they heard: 26“Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them,

He could have just said exactly what you said perfectly. -"The only persons who have ears to hear are those whom God chooses to open their ears."

Jesus could have easily said and taught this. But being God prevented him from being stupid.

9. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God tells in many other places that only those whom God chooses to open their ears will hear.

Matthew 13:14-17 Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says: “‘“You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
    For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’
    But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear. For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. utilyan

Site Supporter

"only those whom God chooses to open their ears will hear."

He chose

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

"Let him hear" implies before not, He targeted all who has ears.

And if you read further he gets rejected.

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.