An apology bible codes???

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Arubian Baptist, May 17, 2003.

1. Matthew 16:24 New Member

With all due respect kate. Just as a bystander from reading posts (replies) there seems to be a little more to it then just difference in opinion. I am not trying to judge, that is just what I have observed. I hope that I am seeing to much into it. but from what I see a couple of people around here have real short fuses to certain people. Not saying it is you or anything.

2. Arubian Baptist New Member

So basicly I may say, that the whole issue is a matter of...the definition you give to the word "astrology"

If you use the definition of Katie, then it will be wrong.

If you use the original and biblical definition, it is perfectly ok.

Since today most people (unsaved and saved) only know the definition as described by Katie, I would suggest to be careful to whom you use the word "Astrology" in conversations as being ok.

Because of the meaning today, I personally would not say that I think "atrology" is ok. But I would love to explain the original and biblical meaning of "Astrology"

To me, it is just the same with the celebration of the 25e of december. We all know that it was originaly a pagan holiday, but instead of hiding these days, murmuring that it is a pagan holiday, I would use that day to explain to the people around me, the true meaning of Christmas.

Hope you all will understand each other next time with the definitions.

3. donnA Active Member

We are not given bible instruction of how to use astrology, and I think xince God wrote the bible, and He created the stars, when He says it's a no, then it's a no, we do not use astrology. Why would God say that if we could use it? WHy would He say it if there was an original way of useing it that wsa godly and right? Wouldn't He know the difference? I'm going on God's word, what He has said. Go back and read the scripture where God says what He thinks of astrology, and He never once mentions if it's used in ther ight way, or if it hasn't been changed from it's original meaning. Explain that.
    I'll take the word of God, He says no, He does not approve of it in any form(since He would know if there was a right form of astrology, He doesn't say there is one, He just says it's bad).

4. Arubian Baptist New Member

Katie...do you actually read the postings from different people now? :confused:

Or do you just want to hear that you are right and everybody else is wrong?

Reminds me of the experience that sometimes a CD is damaged or dirty, and the same thing is repeated over and over...

5. christine New Member

I think this thread was meant to create a neutral environment to apologize for things which were said in another thread.
    Somehow it has gone full circle and started the topic and the ugly stuff all over again.
    Why?
    Christine

6. Arubian Baptist New Member

Hai Christine, that was the other tread. This tread was started by me, where I expressed that I did not see a reason for Gina and or Sherrie and even others to apologize.

Others have given their definition about astrology and some bible verses to support their explanation. I have read both arguments and summed it up in a (I thought so) neutral agreement.

But alas, I was wrong, for more info, pls read all the postings

7. christine New Member

Some people are more easily offended. I read thru most os the postings and yes, probably confused so of them with this one. I was lurking!!!
    Anyway, some of the post seemed pretty heated, and I just figured If it went on, we would have to see an apology threat for the next six months.
    Good intentions! Whoops that might be a swear word in some threads.
    ;) Christine

8. Charlotte Marcel New Member

The title of this thread: "An apology bible codes???" may have started out about the appologies made by Wisdom Seeker, Sherrie, and Gina but it seems to be about "Astrology" now which is very confusing to me.

Why was the subject changed so drastically? If this thread is about Astrology and not Appologies shouldn't a new thread have been started?

Reminds me of what I think I Am Blessed16 said a while back somewhere. Discussions start out about apples and end up being about oranges.

God Bless You,
    Charlotte

9. Arubian Baptist New Member

Gina started a tread about apology for the BIBLE CODES topic, where the word "astrology" was the igniting word.

I replied on her tread by saying that I did not see NO REASON for them to apologize (Gina and Sherrie) After replying I read the fineprint of Gina where she stated that her TREAD was purely for the intention of apologizing.

So I said sorry, removed/deleted my reply and said I was going to start a new tread.

To make it clear I was using almost the same wording, "an apology bible codes???"

Form there the discussion went back to the IGNITING word that started al this ...."Astrology"

Hope this wil enlighten the subject a little bit ;)

I am getting confused myself now, trying to explain it

10. Gina B Active Member

Who DARES come up with a list of words that may be offensive for Baptists? Go ahead an post it, it should keep everyone busy for a few years. LOL
    I'll start.
    ASTROLOGY!
    Gap!
    Tongues!
    Sorry, feel like being a stinker today. :D
    Gina

11. christine New Member

12. Charlotte Marcel New Member

Arubian Baptist ,It is confusing. I'm sorry, I thought you included Wisdom Seekers appology as well. I see now that you did not. I'm not sure why you excluded her. She was at the center of the conflict and on the same side as the other two ladies for the first few pages of that thread. She also made an appology as the other two ladies did. So, I am curious to know why you excluded her. Would you mind answering this question by sending me a P.M.?

Sorry if my confusion and curiousity is a nuisance. I'm just trying to make sense out of it all.

God Bless You,
    Charlotte

13. Arubian Baptist New Member

The exlusion was not intentionaly. I did not notice right away that she was included too. It will count for her also, that I do not see a reason for her to apologize.

Hope this will clarify somethings

14. Charlotte Marcel New Member

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Sorry to have taken this thread off topic.

What was the topic again? I'm sorry, I couldn't help that. I'll go now.

God Bless You,
    Charlotte ;)

15. donnA Active Member

Just what exactly is that supose to mean? Now are you trying to start an argument or what? Becasue I sure sounds like it.
    FYI, of course I read the posts on the topics I am posting on.

16. donnA Active Member

Christine, I actually hadn't seen anything ugly on this thread untill I saw this
    Now if that isn't mean and ugly I don't know what is.

17. donnA Active Member

If scriputre is like a dirty cd that just repeats over and over to you, then I suggest you may be on a forum you don't beling.

18. Arubian Baptist New Member

Dear Katie, I did not mean to say that scripture is damaged or dirty, do NOT take the wrong conclusion neither do PUT WORDS AND MEANINGS in my mouth,I did not say or ment.
    What I ment is that sometimes a CD is dirty and you keep hearing the same part over and over....like it gets stuck in 2 or 3 words and you wil hear "for example" beagobeagobeagobeago..instead of "be a good citizen.."

And the same feeling I have with you RIGHT NOW. No matter what people try to explain to you, you keep telling us the same story...can't you at least consider the fact, that maybe because of a different definition we can end up with different opinions????

All of the people that did not agree 100% with you...are they al pagans and wrong satanist and whatso ever???

Who are you to judge anyway?

One more repeative answer like you did before without honest researchg in the post will close further discussion with you...maybe on a next less sensitive subject..

PS: How about christians going to a movie and adoring hollywood movies...

The name is Baptist....Arubian Baptist :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. Matthew 16:24 New Member

Okay, I confess I am the one who slipped up in the original thread labeled Bible codes and mentioned astrology and that opened a huge can of worms. Funny thing is, well not funny anymore. I mentioned astrology because I assumed that no Jesus loving Christian could ever even think about reading his or her horoscope and believing in astrology, but sure enough someone said, “I do believe in astrology” and ever since then, people have been going off.
    This thread has defiantly continued on where the other one left off.
    Obviously astrology is one those topics where people will justify their sin or disbelief in something.
    I think a few of us are just passionate at getting their point across and that is why stuff gets repeated over and over. They think that something as obvious of this is being ignored so they say the same thing hoping that will get through to their brain the second time.
    Anyway, the seed has been sown and its not up to us to convince them that their wrong.
    Just like I, everyone here will stand before the Lord.

20. Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It appears that this topic is degeneratinag and doing nothing to edify the Body of believers.

As I see no resolution forthcoming and more harm than good on the horizon, I am closing the topic.

I encourage anyone with an apology, a rebuttal, an encouraging word, or a grievance to take up the matter in private.

Clint Kritzer