Are Reformed Baptists really Baptists

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 10, 2010.

1. saturneptune New Member

I am glad you finally realized that.

2. RAdam New Member

It's not about Campbellite theology, which I agree is easily shown to be false using the bible. The point of a creed, confession, or articles of faith isn't to correct or expose false theology, it is to concisely state what one believes the bible teaches regarding several issues. It is not intended to be exhaustive nor is it intended to show everything believed and practiced by that body of believers.

3. Robert Snow New Member

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :tongue3:

4. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the scheme of things growing & expanding, can anyone give me a referencable point as to where the Reformed Baptist Church movement is heading?

5. ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

http://www.arbca.com/

Everything you need to know is there.

6. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks , lol. but that I could have done on my own. Could you point me to the YTD (Thats Year-to-date) Statistics of growth &/or loss? If there is anything Im missin please let me know.

7. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, to answer your question.....nope

8. ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Thanks. My only encouragment to you then to try pay attention to how you come accross.

9. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinists can be saved....in fact my Brother, my minister, my wife & I as well as most of my family are Calvinists though you suggest we are cultists.

You have also given me a great story to tell the Minister & the congregation this evening @ the Wednesday prayer meeting / bible study. :laugh:

10. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess genuine doesnt do it for ya then! Sorry bout that.

11. ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Please do. Print the whole thing out and show it to him. And yes, you did come accross to me as cultish. And you still are. Calvinsits CAN be saved?

What the heck does that mean?

Doesn't matter.

12. gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

"We believe . . . ." is to often no better than Judaism. James dealt with that issue.

13. Tom Butler New Member

In addition to the GARBC site mentioned earlier, one can also get a feel for the Reformed movement among Southern Baptists at

http://www.founders.org

Founders is not a denomination or dissident group within the SBC. It's avowed goal is to return Southern Baptists to their Reformed roots--the Calvinism of the denomination's founders. The website has a list of "Founders-friendly" churches.

14. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What remark of mine in this thread would you characterize as smark alec?

This is a debate forum SN. People have the perfect freedom to post. It's not a one-to-one discussion. Besides you have on numerous occasions chosen to make remarks on threads having nothing to do with the OP. You have no such room to denounce even a peon like myself.

Where was I sarcastic in this thread? Show me. I can easily point out your sarcastic remarks. What I would like to receive back is honesty.

You apparently don't know the meaning of the word malingered.

So you have chosen to go against the Word of God in passages such as Phil. 2:3,4 and Proverbs 16:18.

You have what worldlings would call healthy self-esteem. But biblical Christians would call it pridefulness.

15. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Earth W & F is a "newbie" and obviously has not been around historic Baptists too much. I don't think he is a troll, just here to roil the waters.

Give him time or (if just too irritating) a wide berth and ignore him. He will catch on to truth as the Spirit opens his eyes. He has lots of misunderstanding and misconceptions and obviously young and in need of instruction.

Be kind.