1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are There Any Catholics On This Forum?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The church of Rome rejects the Pauline Gospel, so why should it be seen as anything but Apostate?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is the Lord, and is NO Catholic, as he is head over the Body of Christ!

3. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My beliefs are no business of my Catholic priest.

4. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't want to cease attending the Catholic Church on Saturday Vigil Mass because I like the liturgical worship. I also like attending that Baptist Church on Sunday mornings.

5. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since at the present time I am only on the membership roll of the local Catholic parish I only give every
    Saturday to the local Catholic parish. But since at present I am not on the membership roll of that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings then I only put a nickel in the collection basket once a month.

6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realize how absurd your justifications for remaining in Catholicism are becoming? If you truly hold Baptist doctrine, your church would consider you apostate and a heretic. Its fine because its "none of their business"? Think what happens to a house divided.

7. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the fall I am going to take membership preparation class during Adult Sunday School at that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday and where I was Baptized via immersion on 21 May 2017. And then I will become a member of that Baptist Church.

8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you serious or sarcastic?

9. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If my beliefs are no business of my priest than why should I tell him my beliefs?

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is your priest. If you are not going to adhere to Catholic doctrine, why should you be a Catholic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am serious. I only put a nickel in the collection basket once a month at that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings. Since I am not on the membership roll at present of that Baptist Church than I do not see any reason to put any more than a nickel in the collection basket once a month.

12. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am choosing to remain Catholic because I like the liturgical worship. I also like the non liturgical worship of that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings. I like the sermons of the Pastor of that Baptist Church.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    John - thank you for answering

It might sound like a minor detail -but the proper term is "Baptist church" ie church is not capitalized. There is NO Baptist Church (as the RCC is) There is NO Baptist Headquarters - each local Baptist church is a local assembly, independent of any other group.

Now another question - what is so special about the liturgy at the RCC? ( this could be a whole discussion in just itself)

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do the pastor/deacons of the Baptist church know you plan on continue to attend the RCC after you join the Baptist church?

15. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No they are not cognizant that I attend both the Catholic and Baptist churches because it is none of their business.

16. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I like the liturgical worship because of there is a first reading, the Psalm response, a second reading, a Gospel reading and a sermon followed by Holy Communion.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you afraid to let them know? Joining a church is a covenant - just as in marriage.
    Can you imagine - getting married vowing to forsaking all others - except on Sat nights when you want some beauty at another location.

YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO INFORM THEM!!!

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It actually is their business. It is their business to guard their flock from wolves bearing false doctrine. I am not saying you are a wolf, but your situation makes that a real concern. It is also not proper to be a member of two separate churches. I would not allow you to join our church and maintain membership in another.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a married couple who attend and are on the membership roll of that Baptist church who also attend and belong to the local Catholic parish. They were also Baptized via immersion at that Baptist church. I do not hold any false doctrines.

20. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not like to discuss my beliefs with any clergy. I will never inform the Pastor or Deacons of that Baptist church that I attend both the Catholic and Baptist churches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.