Are Unbelievers Free Agents Who Do Their Own Will Whenever They Want?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scripture More Accurately, Mar 28, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, they do their own will.

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, they are under the authority of the devil and do his will unless God intervenes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Sometimes they do their own will and sometimes they do the devil's will

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many scriptures show what you are missing.

2. Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your merely saying that makes it only your opinion. Prove it directly from the teaching of the Bible.

3. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any bible student should know of several verses showing what you are missing. If we were not argument prone, I might share a few things you could benefit from.

4. Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are unable to prove what you assert, I understand. Many people make assertions that they cannot prove.

5. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are calling me a liar? See you later............

6. Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not do any such thing. You made a claim. I asked you to prove it. You did not do so.

If
    you cannot do so, so be it. If you think that you can but choose not to do so, so be it.

In any case, the burden of proof is on whoever makes an assertion.

7. 1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the mistakes the Russian Cosmonauts made was to say there is no God since they didn't see him while orbiting the earth. You and others do the same when you set the limits of knowledge based on your own ignorance. You cannot prove a negative. It's impossible to say something doesn't exist unless you are God. So; “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV 1900)

8. Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This response appears to be an attempt to evade having to back up the claims that you made earlier.

9. Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Timothy 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

The serpent deceived Eve into transgressing against the command of God, but the serpent did not deceive Adam into disobeying God's command. Adam, however, ultimately still did what the serpent wanted them to do--disobey God.

Both Adam and Eve disobeyed God's command but only one was deceived into doing so. It would not be correct, therefore, to say that the devil tempted Adam to sin. It would not be biblical to say that all human sin is the result of people yielding to demonic temptation.