1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptism in the Name of Jesus Christ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 1689Dave, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Denying the attributes of God to Jesus Christ is to deny basic Christian doctrine.

One of the primary attributes of God is Omnipresence. To deny Him Omnipresence is to deny His Deity.

2. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He denied His Omnipresence.

3. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quoting off topic scripture and making an ignorant comment is not exegesis.

Sorry, but your facts are of the non-factual nature.

Shame on you. Lying is a sin.

If you will tell me what it is you don't understand, I will be glad to explain it to you. But so far you haven't asked.

Asked and answered.

It is. Omnipresence is one of the primary attributes of God. To deny that Jesus Christ was Omnipresent is to deny the Deity of Christ. I even posted scripture that proved you were wrong, but you ignored it.

4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So He wasn't God when He was here, and He lied when He said He saw Nathaniel before they met?

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 10:30 PM Pacific.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize for not reading all 10 pages. I kept up for a while, but I got behind and see that the thread has veered in a different direction.

Doc is correct that Scriptures do not give a "formula" for baptism. To baptize in Jesus' name is to baptize in the the name of the Father, Word and Holy Spirit, "For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells."

That said, I would prefer that baptism, from a liturgical standpoint, be "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" to emphasize orthodox Trinitarianism and separate us from the Oneness Modalists who insist upon baptizing in Jesus' name to avoid having to admit to "God in three persons, Blessed Trinity."

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. terrpn

terrpn Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has been an interesting read where our Apostolic brother here can’t help but keep tripping over the transitional book of Acts and rightly dividing. There are Baptists now who are being infected with the false doctrine of getting refilled again and again and again. I would not be surprised this brothers claims to speak in an unknown tongue as well.
    You get filled all your going to get filled at salvation and then we all got that flesh thing going on after that with our 2 natures going at it.
    Standing and state are different and if you have had any doctrinal learning no explanation need.
    Nobody was born again in the OT, no body to get born into, Spiritually (not h2o), baptized until after Pentecost....... as a matter of fact no one went to heaven- everybody went down; Abraham’s Bosom or Hell— OT. Does our good brother here accept that OT and NT salvation are no where close to being the same?
    There was no church, no NT.......until the death of the testator and how exactly does a body get into the body of Christ, a Spiritual Baptism made w/out hands and then fall out out again.......?
    No church body.......nada. God only forgave sin in the OT, however it was not cleared until Calvary, led captivity captive......
    Apostolic craziness- they’re explanation of the Godhead, Christ’s deity is as bad as a JW.
    Glad I was purchased, saved and at present secure sitting in heavenly places by God’s blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#187 terrpn, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.