1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptism in the Name of Jesus Christ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 1689Dave, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basic Christian Doctrine is to deny the full Deity of Christ? I thought you claimed to be a baptist.

2. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay. So, we seem to have found something else you don't understand. Omnipresence.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not ALL of God was in the person of jesus, as it was ALL of God the Son, but the father still ruled from heaven, and the Spirit was still working upon the earth!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was limited to one location while here upon the earth, but is no longer while now in heaven.

5. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2 Timothy 4:1-3
    King James Version (KJV)

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Yet you have the nerve to deny exegesis in posts you do not even read.

I have brought quite a few irrefutable facts to your attention out of Scripture, now I know why you remain adamant in your popular pulpit mythology...

...you don't even know what is being said.

Of course I have already pointed this out before, when you jump into a thread offering arguments that 1) are irrelevant to what I have said and 2) false.

But thanks for publicly admitting that.

Well, I don't cater to your limited ability in Doctrinal Debate and Discussion.

Perhaps once in a while, if you get a wild hair, maybe you could actually address one of the points I make, and include the Scripture given to support it.

And I think I am going to keel over and die right now...how dare you accuse me of logic!

Sure, that makes, what, three times you have said you are going to explain things to me? What are we, some 80,000 words ago and still all you have shown me is that you think the Baptism with the Holy Ghost is mythical?

[Personal attack edited.]

;)

God bless.

#165 Darrell C, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did he deny that Jesus was fully God though?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you denying that the above is Basic Christian Doctrine?

God bless.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is what all of the creeds confess, that Jesus was/is both fully God and man!

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a simple question, would you mind answering it?

God bless.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you can explain it to TCassidy.

He seems to think its a denial of the Deity of Christ.

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The discussion centers on the Body God manifested in, just to remind you. It was created in the womb of Mary, and I have provided you with many passages which show that Scripture gives a point in time when Christ appeared.

Your mythological doctrine on Christ Returning to Heaven then going back in time to meet with Abraham has no basis in Scripture, nor is it something taught by...anyone but you.

I know eternity holds no limitations on God, that is not the point, the point is that you have been given much Scripture that shows that the Old Testament Saints were not Eternally Redeemed, which, if your pet heresy were true, would nullify those Scriptures. I will repost just one, and ask you to address the point and the Scripture...one more time:

Hebrews 9:12-15
    King James Version (KJV)

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Your mythology nullifies this Scripture, and the three things it states were accomplished by Christ through His death:

1. Eternal Redemption;

2. The New Covenant;

3. The Redemption of the transgression which were under the Law (and this would apply to sins committed prior to the establishment of the Covenant of Law);

4. The obtaining of the promise of Eternal Inheritance, rather than receiving the promise.

Address the Points and Scripture.

God bless.

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You will likely see that He was "the eternally begotten son," as well. That is twaddle. There is a point in time when the Man Jesus was conceived and born into this world of a virgin. That man was God manifest in the flesh for the express purpose of reconciling men to God. The implication...

...men were not reconciled to God before Christ came, and to this day no man will be reconciled to God except he believe on the Name of Jesus Christ.

And that is it for me. Hope everyone has a blessed day, and yes, that includes you too TCassidy.

God bless.

13. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus = YAHWEH in the NT.

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was not fully Man. He was fully God having both a fully human nature and a fully divine nature. You misrepresent him as having a human spirit (person) and a divine person. = multiple personality

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It says they were filled with the Holy Spirit several times.

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    All who believed in him came for healing. Jesus always said "according to your faith be it unto you".

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Per the Creeds, Jesus is fully God and Fully Man

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All are baptized one time by the Spirit into the Body of Christ, but are to be refilled by him as often as needed!

19. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Omnipresence does not imply nor require physical presence. God is Omnipresent but has no physical presence on earth.

So, once again you have proven you don't know what you are talking about.

I know you are desperate to deny the truth, but lying about what I have said and what I believe is not the best way to go about it. One last time, there is no "going back" or "going forward" in eternity. Eternity is TIMELESS, but you can't seem to get your mind around that fact.

You make the serious error of thinking that the OT saints did not receive the full inheritance in the land of promise somehow means they were not fully saved. I got news for you. Being saved is like being pregnant. You either are or you aren't. There is no "almost" or "partly" or "sort of."

Exactly! And where was that Holy Place where He sprinkled the Proof of His Eternal Sacrifice? That's right! In Heaven. In Eternity. He even says that the redemption He obtained was ETERNAL. From Adam until the end of time. Redemption is ETERNAL. Applied to every saved soul of all time. Just like it says.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NC was not here until the time of jesus, correct? Actually . not until His death and resurrection, when that Veil was torn asunder by God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.