1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Pastor Shot to Death, Mistaken for Coyote

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Saved-By-Grace

Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, but you must accept that your own countries is just as bad, if not worse. Lets not disagree when we should be agreeing.

2. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that we never hear of other countries, than the USA, where kids go into schools and murder others. I know we have had some here in the UK, but nothing like the US, which seems to be a monthly thing.

3. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A mass shooting in the USA is four or more killed (According to the TV news) There have been nearly 300 mass shootings in the USA since 2013 according to the same news report.

So Saved by Grace was correct,

A comment on the evening Press Review about 5 minutes ago. "President Trump's saying that teachers in schools should be armed, is a comment of such gross stupidity that it defies comprehension," Very few in this country would disagree with that.

When I have mentioned to people at our church, that you have pastors and members who carry guns into church, they don't believe me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    King George III was the last British monarch to refuse to sign parlimentry bill because it went against his Christian beliefs. He did it twice, in fact.

QE 2 did not agree with the same sex marriage bill (it is widely believed) but said she did not have the power to refuse to sign it. But many beleieve that it is her constitutional right./

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor mistaken for coyote? That doesn't seem to say much positive about his preaching.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you not only don't know what an "assault rifle" is, you also don't know what a "weapon of mass destruction" is?

7. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heartless joke. Wolves in sheep clothing are such because of what they say and do; not how they look.

8. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    with ANY weapon, MANY people can be killed, either one by one, or many together. Makes no difference.

9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be reasonable to think that at least a certain percentage of people would believe they “know their target” when they hear a coyote and observe where the sound is coming from while seeing an object in the brush. I mean, knowing their habits you wouldn’t even expect a person to be near if the coyote was boldly sounding off like that.

On a personal note, I’ve been considering buying a night scope and coyote caller to get some payback for my sweet little dog they took a while back although the thought of people mistakenly stalking the stalker is something I hadn’t even considered but will certainly be a consideration now! In fact, come to think about it, I’ve even told my neighbors to feel free to shoot any coyotes on my property that they’ve told me they’ve seen quite often, I know they know better than to shoot toward the house and have a clear target, but... I’d say caution needs to be taken on both sides about someone being out in the brush acting like a coyote…

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Facts make no difference. I see.

11. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    :rolleyes:, btw, do you support the "right to bear arms" for anyone?

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Define "anyone."

13. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    anyone of legal age

14. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, "legal age" is kind of non-specific. "Legal" for what? To vote: 18. To purchase alcohol: 21. To have a driver's license: 16. To stay at home without adult supervision: 14.

Right now most jurisdictions place a minimum age for the purchase of a long gun at 18 and a handgun at 21. I carried both at 18 (US Army, active, 1965-1972).

And there are many people who are over "legal age" (whatever that means) who are prohibited persons. Those include having a felony conviction, a domestic violence conviction even if only a misdemeanor, having been adjudicated to be mentally incompetent, or having been institutionalized for mental instability, having DUI convictions in the last 5 years, or being dependent on illegal drugs.

So I guess my answer would be "no."

15. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    no doubt most of those you say should not have guns, do so anyway, as they do here in the UK. The problem is out of control.

16. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean passing laws doesn't work?!?!

You are starting to sound like the NRA!

17. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No sir, only idiots shoot at "objects" and "sounds". I've taken more deer than I can count, but I've passed on many shots too because I either didn't have a clear, clean shot, or was unsure of the backdrop. To make a clean shot on an animal, you have to know the animal's anatomy, such as it's heart-lung area. How can you place the shot if you haven't even positively identified the animal? I won't even touch the trigger if it's an "object" or a "sound". That's crazy. If you don't know what you're doing, you have no business hunting.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You sound like a very experienced and safe hunter, ...good for you! The problem is that most people out to shoot some varmints probably aren’t up to your “caliber” when it comes to “hunting”. So if you don’t understand that my point still stands that it would be wise to take into consideration these cautions if planning to be out in the brush acting like a coyote then maybe you aren’t smart as you think you are and might want to take a more humble view rather than rushing to judgment and calling these lessor people "idiots" and "crazy". Of course, I understand you are merely on an internet chat board where it is easy to find the courage to speak to people how you want to…

19. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am saying that the "right to bear arms" of The Second Amendment is one of the dumbest things that anyone could have done. What we are seeing now, is the result of this! Even though there are killings here in the UK, it is nothing like the USA.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It wasn't just "a sound". It was the exact sound a coyote makes. That particular sound along with movement, would easily make this a very repeatable situation. The shooter was not as likely an idiot as he was fooled by false evidence.