1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Be Careful!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Rippon, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you for the kind words

however from the first part of you post it's evident that you still do not understand what Calvinism is much less new Calvinism so I would commend to you to read archangels fine post in which he explains it to DHK

#81 Iconoclast, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In the end you choose to be ignorant, Calvinist or not.
    In the end you have no argument so ad hominem is your only route out. You continue personal attack and false allegation such as:
    If I have said such a thing, quote me. This is a false allegation.
    What I did say is that "New Calvinists" were preaching another gospel.
    What I did say is that there is a movement distinct from Calvinism in general called "New Calvinism" that should be critiqued for the errors that they are spreading.
    But ignorance is bliss. You still don't listen to what I say.

Furthermore, of all the links I posted only one was British, and that was Peter Masters. I suppose you don't find him very reputable? A shame!
    He was the only one.

Try this one instead:
    http://www.newcalvinist.com/who-are-the-new-calvinists-part-1/
    --If you don't anything from him, then you are deliberately blind to the truth.
    BTW, I have my own books on the subject. The reason I use the internet is because it is easier to copy and paste from the internet than to type portions from my books.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have given a solid analysis of this:thumbs:

I have never read or heard Al Mohler speak anything but solid truth...I ordered the book mentioned in two of the links to "see" first hand this evidence.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If by "ignorant" you mean uninformed; how so? He knows Dr. Mohler personally. Besides, Dr. Mohler has been very public with his beliefs for a long time. If you are not familiar with him --as is readily apparent --you should take some steps back and acknowledge that you spoke out of turn.

To say Dr. Mohler is outside the bounds of orthodxy is absurd. Those kind of statements issuing from your mind casts you in a very unfavorable light. It shows that you are biased in the extreme.
    You are so careless with your use of Gal. 1:8,9. You do realize that you are charging them with not being Christians at all --don't you?
    We have been listening. It's a two-way street. Perhaps instead of anathematizing so-called New Calvinists with such ardor you should acknowledge your lack of knowlege and intemperance.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First-hand knowledge always trumps the stuff of silly websites. And DHK has "linked" to quoite a few absurd ones in his time here.

I look at his handle of DHK and see the word "moderator" attached. It seems so out-of-place.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is what is out of place Rippon.
    Let's set the record straight for Icon, who so generously said that you had a good memory. Why didn't you correct him, and tell him that it wasn't your memory, and you didn't "recall" by memory those posts. That is deceit by default.

Let me demonstrate.
    You joined this board in December of 2005.
    But you "quote" me from September of 2005 before you were ever a member. That is not memory at work. It is deliberate trolling. And to keep that information on hand for almost ten years is not the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit, it is evidence of something else in your life.

Like others you can continue on in unbelief or you can inform yourself.
    I will quote the same thing to you as I did to Archangel:

Try this one instead:
    http://www.newcalvinist.com/who-are-...inists-part-1/
    --If you don't learn anything from him, then you are deliberately blind to the truth.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How in the world is it trolling? I had quoted you as saying :"I understand Calvinism maybe better than most."

So what if you said it three months before I joined the BB. What possible difference does that make?
    I culled it in the last few days. I didn't keep it in a stash for a decade. :)
    You sound like the banned Sat/Nep with that disgraceful line.
    Using the above phraselogy sounds suspiciously like you are regarding me as a non-Christian.
    And that line too suggests that you want to put me in the unsaved category.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your Arminianism stands outside of biblical theology.
    You still have not retracted that completely outrageous remark. And at no point did your links indicate any such thing.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am not an Arminian. :sleep:

I am not going to retract remarks that are not outrageous and that are in fact, truth. Wake up!
    http://www.newcalvinist.com/albert-mohler-and-hip-hop-culture/

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How? You continue to remain in disbelief about New Calvinism and uninformed about New Calvinism, and perhaps deliberately so. I said nothing about your salvation. Don't take things out of context, or even infer it to be so.

Again, how so?
    you are deliberately blind to the truth.
    concerning New Calvinism!

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The author says that Dr. Mohler is "a mature Christian leader" with "a deep knowledge of Scripture."

You have not demonstrated in the least that Al Mohler "stands outside of historical Christian orthodoxy."

You love to wave your anathemas against brothers and sisters in the Lord. By doing so your Christian sanctification is evidencing a low ebb.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He is following in the steps of Driscoll (the cussing pastor)
    [FONT=&quot]James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.[/FONT]

If doctrine is not complimented by lifestyle then no matter what your doctrine is, you are not orthodox. All the correct doctrine in the world cannot make up for a worldly and ungodly lifestyle.
    http://www.newcalvinist.com/albert-mohler-and-hip-hop-culture/

#93 DHK, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are submitting to the court that Al Mohler is leading a worldly and ungodly lifestyle. You clearly are in need of mentorship.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you just respond to what I personally post, or do you even read what I have quoted?

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is Al Mohler quilty of violating James 4:4 and guilty of leading a worlldly and ungodly lifestyle which makes him unorthodox?

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OP

Approaching 100 posts on this thread now, I want to remind folks what this whole thread is about.

I want certain people to know that to wave their anethema batons at Christian brothers and sisters is certainly not a Christian thing to do. (As ironic as that may sound.)

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Reported....not that it will do any good, but it's be reported.

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

DHK, before bashing people, find a "New Calvinist" church and go and learn for yourself.

I am a Calvinist and I know very little, to any, of this "New Calvinist" movement. So I keep my trap shut.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What are you offended by?
    If I gave you a tract on exposing the lies of the SDA and you didn't learn anything because you are lenient toward the SDA movement, then you would be looking at the tract deliberately with a degree of prejudicial blindness.
    That is what is happening here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.