1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Be Careful!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Rippon, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Please do your homework. Study up on this movement by doing your own research.
    1. New Calvinism, in and of itself, stands outside of historic Christian orthodoxy. There is a broad consensus of this among conservative evangelical leaders.
    2. Mohler is among the "founding fathers" of this movement, along with Driscoll, Piper, and a couple of others.
    3. Thus, this puts Mohler outside of historic Christian orthodoxy. Either that or he is schizophrenic. :smilewinkgrin:

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mohler and Piper are both solid evangelicals who stand within orthodox boundaries. To suggest otherwise is to show either a bias or pure ignorance.

3. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Educate myself? Really?!

I'm a graduate of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. I earned my M.Div in 2007. I know Al Mohler personally. Now, I don't call him "Al," but whenever we see each other he greets me warmly by name. During my time on campus, I was well known for my participation in the weekly chapel services...

You clearly have no earthly idea about what you're talking about.

The site you referenced, obviously, has a bone to pick and it is anything but objective. It presents a false caricature, nothing more.

I find it laughable, and completely dishonest, that you a non-Calvinist, have done only enough "research" to find people who dislike Mohler, et al. You really haven't educated yourself at all. You've taken someone else's wrong and biased word for it without actually caring enough to do actual investigation.

What you've posted here would get you laughed-out of any academic (or casual) discussion. By citing what you've cited (without checking it) you've only proven your disdain for all things Calvinist and you've proven you are simply incapable of even the slightest bit of intellectual rigor or honesty.

Rarely have I seen a bigger example of personal incapacity than in what you've written in this thread and the other... A wise man once said "It is better to let the world think you a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt." There is no longer any reason for me to doubt...

The Archangel

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spoken like a BB moderator.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be careful.:tongue3:

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was going to let it go, but the idea of 'two sets of rules' really galls me, especially when I see 'playing both sides of the fence' occurring.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbs::thumbs::thumbsup:

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbs:

9. robt.k.fall

robt.k.fall Member

And how is this? Thus far, I've seen nothing to suggest any give on the side of those taking the Calvinist position, leaving aside the DHK byplay.

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you implying by 'our'? 'Our' as in we're both moderators? Or 'our' as in we're both non-cals?

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Our=robt k. fall and Squire Robertson. :thumbs:

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am not the one here who voluntarily chooses to be ignorant about current movements and issues.
    "Let him who is ignorant be ignorant still."

The site you referenced, obviously, has a bone to pick and it is anything but objective. It presents a false caricature, nothing more.
    I suppose you would say the same thing about Peter Masters as well???
    http://test.metropolitantabernacle....Calvinism-Merger-of-Calvinism-and-Worldliness
    You are only embarrassing yourself on this board and worldwide for a lack of education because you won't do your own research. I stand my ground.
    I have no doubt that you are not taking this movement seriously and not done one iota of research. You are sinking deeper and deeper. Do your homework instead of attacking me. What is "New Calvinism?" Who are its founders? What are its doctrines, methods, motives? Find out for yourself.

13. robt.k.fall

robt.k.fall Member

2. "we're both non-cals?"

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So where did I get the idea that 'the Squire' is a Calvinist? Not so?

If 'the Squire' is a Calvinist, and robt. k. fall is a non-Cal, then you really ARE playing both sides of the fence.

15. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've tried to keep my position on this question out of this discussion. I can't be neutral if I take sides.

16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Incredible.

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never said I succeeded only that I've tried. I'm human so there's a certain amount of bleed through.

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol, so do all the mods/admins have 'dual personalities'? Wonder who DHK's counterpart is.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what are the basic teaching within new calvinism that you see as being outside the faith then?

Know that there has been an inhouse debate among new calvinists/reformed/New Covenant theology etc, but as far as i know, NONE of them have denied the basic faith doctrines that make one a real Christian!

20. robt.k.fall

robt.k.fall Member

Let me get this straight. Because, I side to a certain extent with DHK's position and the Squire seeks to remain neutral. He and I are the same?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.