1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blow the trumpet, Warn the People

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

My birthday is the 16th and I'd really, REALLY like a new Corvette, even if just for a few days.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I wonder if any of them have a Corvette - or if they gave all their money to Family Radio. :(

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this mean we dont have to pay income tax this year? :applause:

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus might return on the predicted day (in spite of Camping). Chances are He won't.

I'm hoping for an earlier return (like today).

Some believe He's come already and reigning.

Some believe He's come and gone.

If He doesn't come on or before the predicted day, the Camping reponse will be interesting to hear.

Luke 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

HankD​

5. mets65

mets65 New Member

From what I heard they were talking about the rapture. They have an "out", because I think they said that if that day comes and they're all still here then they weren't truly believers. So after that day I think you have the great potential for those people to move away from the church instead of closer to it.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Harold Camping is a messed up Calvinist.
    I can't wait for what he's going to say when May 21, 2011 becomes May 22, 2011.
    I'll probably write him to tell him to get off the air, go to the California mountains, and take a hike.

7. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

There's a whole page on there aiming to answer that:

http://www.familyradio.com/graphical/literature/nomanknows/nomanknows.html

I just glossed through it, and it takes awhile to really get to the point, but basically, the reasoning seems to go; the book was sealed then, but is open now (based on his whole numerology surrounding the 1988 date, of course).

8. targus

targus New Member

Sounds like the SDA open door shut door baloney (or is it balogna)?

9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Any group that tells people to leave the church of the Lord Jesus Christ should be avoided like the plague.

Mat 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

I believe the church will always be here until the Lord raptures it to heaven, which will happen when God wants. Any teacher that would advocate leaving the church (I'm talking about the universal church) is a heretic and an anti-Christ!

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He also says that if you stay in church, you are not truly saved. Oh - and if anyone is around after May 21st, he was never really saved. Nice way to get out of a problem when May 22nd rolls around - but what about when Mr. Camping gets out of bed on the 22nd. I'll bet he'll say that he was kept around to continue teaching and he'll be raptured at a later date.
    :BangHead:

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was listening to a talk show host discuss this and he said that Harold Camping has stated that if he is still here on May 22nd that he(Harold Camping) is not saved.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, THAT is handy info. Honestly, with this couple that we know who follow him, we can honestly say on the 22nd (when they hopefully show up at our church - it's our challenge to them) that they were following a man who was unsaved. :thumbsup: Maybe it would get them to think beyond him then??

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about how those folks will handle it come May 22nd - unless the Lord returns before May 22nd since He can return and put an end to this present heavens and earth any day.

Needless to say, some talk radio shows are having somewhat of a field day in discussing this.

14. mets65

mets65 New Member

I think he also stated that none of his followers were truly saved either if this occurs. If they are using the same doctrine of being saved and born again by the blood of Jesus, then this could be quite the problem when it comes to dealing with couples like the one you mentioned. I would think it would just end up turning them even further away from the truth, or he will come up with some excuse of miscalculation and they'll continue to follow. I don't think it will be as easy as oh ok it's May 22nd, let's get back to where we belong.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know but we can always hope!! I know the couple have already enrolled their son in Liberty University and have made sure they used the church as a source of hours for community service for him - so they are a bit of a confusion as it is. We'll just have to see how this all comes down.

16. mets65

mets65 New Member

The main thing is praying for them, that's the best thing in the world you can do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.