1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Can Satan mimic mythical creatures?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 27, 2012.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

The big thing here is the definition of "create". In general biblical discussion, "create" implies "ex nihilo". In general secular discussion, it does not. People will say that they "created" anything they make.

In this way, Satan can 'create' things, but he cannot ex nihilo. However, I personally believe that he can either 1. cause people to see things that aren't there, or 2. manipulate matter to make something appear.

The storm that killed Job's children was definitely real, but that does not mean that satan created it ex nihilo, simply that he caused a natural thing to happen.

The possibility of satan posing as mythological creatures is not out of the question. The problem lies with the reasoning as to why. If it is to get people to focus on those creatures and not God, then I would say he would do it. There doesn't have to be biblical precedent for this type of thing. The bible doesn't warn about smoking, drunk driving, or shooting a person with a gun. But the precedents are there for those, as well as if satan were to use false signs/creatures.

Satan in the Bible was able to emulate God's signs/miracles. Today, we don't see the same miracles from God, and so Satan has to change his tactics. It's not too far fetched to think that he is making this things appear to distract people, especially ghosts. I think one explanation of ghosts is satan trying to get us to believe something about the afterlife other than what the Bible teaches.

The problem I have with intelligent life somewhere else is a simple one, but a good one, imho. Basically it boils down to: If there is intelligent life on another planet, what would their salvation plan be? Christ only had to die once for all. Did he die for the others? Or was the Bible wrong?

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Assuming the little green men would be subject to The Fall, but that's a whole other thread.:smilewinkgrin:

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    those where in the bible, isn't that enough 'proof" to base this on?

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan Did Take On the Form of a Creature....

....in Genesis 3:1-20, we clearly see him taking on the role of a snake/serpent to tempt Eve, and lead Adam to bring sin to all mankind.

We are dealing with a supernatural enemy, with supernatural powers. There is little that we can imagine that he can't do in order to deceive, trick, con, hoodwink, doublecross, mislead, defraud, dupe, swindle and lie to individuals and the masses in order to keep the highway to hell packed and in sinful gridlock! :tear:

5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes. Satan can take the forms of unicorns, leprechans, and Canadians. All of which are mythical.

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

And I thought Canadians were real. The Bible even mentions unicorns. :thumbs: If Canadians aren't real, then some of my ancestry isn't real. LOL!