Candace Owens blows the entire George Floyd story to pieces

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Jun 4, 2020.

1. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The psycho cop in the Democrat city of Minneapolis in the Democrat state of Minnesota has been arrested and charged.

The Democrat protestors have beaten and murdered many innocent people.

So has much more blood and death do you want, Doctor?

2. Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Protest does not require beating and murdering people.

If a protester hits or kills someone other than in self defense, they should be arrested.

3. Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nobody... is saying the murder is justified! Total strawman attempt! What is being said is that this narrative of Democrats that it had to do with the color of his skin rather than his criminal actions is ...in Candace Owen's words is Bull----! You want "rationalization" of the truth of this matter, whether it proves to be the case of racial profiling that is being put on, listen to her factual argument - it is irrefutable.

4. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no way to control the riots once they start and so criminals get away with beatings, murders, and looting as the Democrat mayors and governors do not call up the national guard and seemingly order the police to stand down.

This is happening in Democrat controlled areas. Big cities have been controlled by Democrats for 100 years.

There are psycho doctors as well as psycho cops. Doctors bury their mistakes.

Australia kept Pell in prison for a year before admitting there was no evidence against him. Maybe you should clean up your own judicial system.

5. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They are being arrested, but in Democrat run cities they are being let go. In New York the bail laws have been effectively been abolished even for violent crimes, so these rioters get arrested and then promptly let go. In St. Louis all the rioters were freed and will not be prosecuted. We have some serious problems here in America - among those running some of our cities that is.

As John Nolte recently wrote in Breitbart: "For decades Democrats have had sole providence over almost every major city in America. We’ve literally poured trillions of tax dollars into the War on Poverty and public schools… In other words, Democrats have had sole control over these areas, have instituted every policy they believe in without opposition, and have received swimming pools full of federal dollars… And look at the result… Total failure".

6. Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree that nobody is saying the murder is justified. That quote was in reponse to Adonia saying that we should look into Floyds past. I know Floyd has a criminal history. That is irrelevant to why he is being remembered. That unjustified murder and what it represents is why he is being remembered. His past does not change that. That is what I was saying.

His suspected criminal actions justified arrest. Nobody denies that.

Was the colour of his skin a factor in why Chauvin killed him? We will never know. Chauvin would never say that out loud and racists never think of themselves as racist. They always have some other justification.

But for those watching the video, it represented decades if not centuries of oppression. Whether it was just police brutality generally, police brutality against blacks in particular or even more general systemic injustices, the video triggered a floodgate of anger. And that is understandable given the blatant disregard for life and abuse of authority in the act. This is so soon after other high profile cases hitting the news where race was clearly involved and you have the trigger for an emotional response.

There are plenty of flaws in Candace's logic and I can address them in another post as this one is already getting long. Although I have already addressed one of her main arguments in this post.

7. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  8. Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Everyone eventually comes around with better video. I'm just saying the initial reaction for some (I don't want to point fingers because it is water under the bridge) is to defend the police because of pre-existing narratives.

I will remove that paragraph as I can see it will be inflammatory and not get my point across.

9. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is not inflammatory, we are big boys and girls here who can discuss things. Just admit you can't back up the charge, that you were in error - that is the mark of being a Christian not being afraid to admit you were wrong. Now, I read nowhere on this board where the police were defended by anyone. So once again, show us the specific instances or admit you faux pas.

10. Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was wrong and apologize for a poorly worded statement that didn't communicate what I was trying to say and was more accusatory than intended.

What I was trying to illustrate is that the reflex to trust the police officer in these types of cases is a powerful one because of pre-existing narratives. In that thread there were some posts where you can see folks initially trying to give them the benefit of the doubt even with video evidence of fault.

If apologizing and admitting you were wrong when shown to be wrong is the mark of being a Christian, what does that mean about all the folks I've shown to be wrong on this forum and never heard a thing from?

11. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

While you're at it, you falsely accused Tucker Carlson of plagiarism. You claimed he plagiarized Larry Elder, when both he and Larry correctly cited the WaPo database as their source. Pretty unfair attack.

12. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is just what makes the narrative an anti-black pack of lies, a loser through and through.

Using as cases for protest, incidents gone awry where an arrestee was a violently bad character sends the wrong message, undermines whatever righteous cause they might have.

When their protests murder an innocent black, their narrative becomes a damned lie.

When their protests kill multiple blacks, who barely register a blip in the narrative, statistics.

They violently kill their own at a high rate, but care nothing about that.

Not all black lives matter to Black Lives Matter. They are a shameful disgrace to the race.

13. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yep. Witness the deaths of many young black people every weekend in Chicago and not a peep. It's all political, a means to an end. If they were truly concerned about black lives they would right now demand that Planned Parenthood close down every abortion mill that exists in their neighborhoods.

14. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I applaud that statement.

It means people have something to learn. We need to strive to be best follower of Christ we can be and when in error not afraid to admit it.

15. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no justice in Australia and no human rights. Don't move there.

16. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A false dilemma and strawman, but your insinuation is duly noted.

There is nothing in the Bible suggesting such a thing. This is part of the problem with some in the church and in the world, the false perception that Christians are supposed to be perfect people. Nonsense. God is perfect. Christ is perfect. Not the church; not Christians.

Christians can be wrong about something, and maybe not admit it when shown. This does not mean they aren't Christians. Regarding those who believe the murder of babies in the womb, aka abortion, is OK, well, I admit that's a difficult one.