1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Catholic Who Embraced Jesus As Lord And Savior Continued

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Jan 17, 2019.

1. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Lutheran doctrine of Holy Communion states that Jesus is present in, with and under the bread and wine(but not in the way the Catholic Church teaches). The Baptist Church uses the proper elements in the celebration of the Lord's Supper. I am a Baptized Catholic so I am entitled to receive the bread and the chalice of wine during Mass. And I have been partaking of the Lord's Supper at that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Church of Rome holds to Sacramental Grace, and that concept is not found within the scriptures themselves!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luther also held though that one receives the Holy Spirit and is regenerated by water baptism!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One cannot be a Christian and receive the mass of the Church of rome!

5. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One does not receive the Catholic Mass. One participates in the Mass. A Catholic who is a Born Again Christian can participate only in the scriptural parts of the Mass. That is what I do. At my Baptist Church that I attend every Sunday morning I am growing spiritually.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you take still the wafer and wine?

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. You are correct. Little did I know that is a common misconception of the Lurtheran view.

8. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They use grape juice and crackers and those are not the proper elements as proscribed by the Scriptures. They clearly get it wrong right from the start!

Your "entitlement" because of your baptism in the Catholic Church is immaterial here. Receiving Holy Communion at a Catholic Church is saying by action that "I believe" in what the Catholic Church teaches. According to what you just said, the Catholic Church's teaching on the Holy Eucharist is not correct, so why would you want to do this? You are clearly a person without principles in this regard.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One should not be teaching Mass if they know that it is wrong!

10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is the ONLY place for a Christian to be! The Mass is the Scriptures come alive from the first prayer to the last. I feel so sorry for you and your continuing ignorance of these things.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I experience the real Jesus every day in prayer and scriptures!

12. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is proscribed by the Scriptures?

• Like Like x 1
  13. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes I still receive the wafer and the chalice of wine. But I don't state "Amen" before receiving the wafer and the chalice of wine because that would be acknowledging the Catholic doctrine of Holy Communion.

14. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem won't be the people on this forum.

If the Baptist church doesn't care and your local Roman Catholic Priest doesn't care, then there should be no problems.

However, what I think people here are pointing out is that there is a reason the churches are separate to begin with.

The two denominations do not preach the same thing and the differences are incredibly large. I doubt many Reformed here would be comfortable at a free-willed and vice-versa. The differences between Catholic and Baptist are even bigger - they are huge.

How did your Catholic Priest respond when you told him you didn't choose Jesus as your lord and savior until recently? Did you tell him of your conversion experience? What did he say?

What did your Catholic Priest say when you were Baptized again? Really, I kinda want his quote. And did you ask him in public or private. I'm sorry but getting Baptized again generally means your first one was invalid. This was the reason why Baptists were persecuted throughout the 16th to 18th centuries. Baptizing again basically means that everyone else's infant baptism is hogwash.

Even if you go back to the Donatists, the Roman Catholics were particularly angry when the Donatists rebaptized their members. If you had jumped to a middle ground such as Anglican, it would be easier.

I read elsewhere that you did not talk to either church about this. How long do you think this deception will last?

I think you are lying either unknowingly or knowingly to one church or the other. At a certain point, you will have to make a choice. On the surface, the differences may not be apparent to you. But what people here are saying is that it will become apparent to you and the two churches. And while I'm not suggesting renouncing all ties to your Catholic brothers, I am saying that you need to prepare yourself for a choice.

I understand that you like the Roman Catholic services better. And yes, I will agree that compared to most Baptist services, the Roman Catholic service has a lot more pomp and circumstance. I would generally suggest looking for a church with adult Baptism whose services you enjoy better. Unless you aren't in the U.S., I'd be surprised if there was just one to choose from.

In addition, realize that it isn't about you and what you want. If you chose to make Jesus Lord, it is about what he wants. Does he want you to attend both churches while keeping the attendance secret? Does he want you to attend both churches?

15. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You know this is all shameful and stupid. Putting aside Catholic and Baptist for a moment, it is clear the FIRST to know- Hebrews presented the Last Supper as something to be greatly reverenced .Christ is clear , 'this is my body, this is my blood, anything other than this clear statement is simply disobedience and anti Christ work, PERIOD!

All this reinventing of what is PLAINLY STATED is simply false teacher doctrine disguised as and wrapped in the word Christian . All a bunch poppycock!
    Also , Christ real presents is not only the Catholic's or Lutheran stance , it is an Orthodox one as well .
    As for Luther, he has a lot of things he contributed to the diluting of the faith, so really not the best argument to put forth.

The Catholics do not hold sole claim on the importance of the supper of the Lord, as I said Orthodox do as well. And before either came to be the TREE ,the Hebrew in which the gentiles are grafted into taught it should be reverenced.

Now, simply put, Baptist should just add to themselves those truths and present them in their churches. Again IT IS NOT ONLY A CATHOLIC BELIEF it is the universal agreement of ALL who TRULY BELIEVE AND FOLLOW CHRIST'S TEACHINGS as Orthodoxy. It is a Christian Doctrine. those who reject that obvious doctrine are simply NOT CHRISTIAN but a cult perpetrating as something it is not, PERIOD!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When he took the water baptism, and repudiated Roman salvation, he was just then a Christian Baptist period!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is my body and blood was taken by the Jews there in a literal fashion, as Rome still does, but clearly Jesus meant it in a spiritual way!

18. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So, did I lose my salvation when I left the Baptist church and become Catholic? I thought you guys believe in the eternal security of the believer. Or, do you believe as my ex-Baptist pastor believes that I was never really saved to begin with?

19. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have not made my Catholic priest cognizant that I also attend a Baptist Church as it is none of his business. I did tell my Baptist Pastor that I would not be attending my Baptist Church on Christmas Eve because I would be attending Christmas Eve Mass at the local Catholic parish. I have not told my Baptist Pastor that I also attend Mass every Saturday. I like both the Catholic Mass and the Baptist service equally. I do not consider my Catholic Baptism to be invalid because it was done in the name of the Holy Trinity.

20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wine and unleavened bread.