1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Catholic Who Embraced Jesus As Lord And Savior Continued

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would like to know how the Priest would respond if our friend told him he does not believe in the Catholic teaching on the Holy Eucharist anymore but still presents himself for the reception of it. Our friend is using subterfuge to attend both churches and being a Christian is all about truth, is it not?

Baptism can only be done once. When my wife came into the Catholic faith tradition there was no need to repeat the procedure - she had been validly baptized already. As regards our friend, of course the priest would not look on his actions favorably.

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see, so subterfuge is the order of the day for you? You should talk to your priest and explain your spiritual beliefs and current worship practices to him - he might be able to help you. Honesty and truth is the only route for a Christian to take.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF you have trusted in Jesus alone to save you, that salvation is of Him alone, nothing added by water baptism, any sacraments etc, then you would be a confused Christian!

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you're a bit confused.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joining or leaving any local church has no bearing on being saved or lost.
    One is either saved or lost. Those whom Jesus saves will never perish (John 10:27-28). Peter taught to make sure of one's election (2 Peter 1:10). Paul taught one should makes sure Jesus Christ is in you (2 Corithians 13:5) John wrote that either one has the Son or one does not (1 John 5:12). There is no middle ground on this.

So my question to you, what would you explain to someone as to how to be sure?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He really needs to come out of Rome, and embrace the reality of the real life now found in Christ!

7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A whole lot of other Christians besides Catholics hold to sacramental grace. But your seething hatred of Catholicism blinds you to that fact! NT Wright who you often quote, also believes it is a concept grounded in scripture. I am much more persuaded by a brilliant theologian like Wright than your declarations to the contrary!

8. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He needs to stop going to that other sect that only started in the 17th century and re-integrate himself fully into the life of God's Holy Church.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well come on then, enlighten me.

10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It was one of your own that declared a Catholic cannot be a Christian. I no longer believe salvation is by faith alone. I once believed just like you! My question to you is, now that I believe as scripture clearly states that we are NOT saved by 'faith alone', have I forfeited my salvation?

11. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think your belief on Baptism is the least of your problems.

I think you are trying to reason your way out of a difficult decision. In addition, I think you are trying to come to an online forum to find or to argue for the avoidance of your decision.

You need to start with either the Baptist pastor or the Catholic priest. Go to one of them and honestly and fully tell at least one of them what its happening and what your troubles are. I'm sure one of them will help you find your path.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that lying by omission is not the path Jesus wants you to follow. I think your following the path of lying by omission is your biggest problem. It may have not been intentional, but you need to face and confront this problem by being fully honest.

12. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You said it better than me. The phrase "lying by omission" is a good description of our friends actions.

15. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How can not making someone cognizant of something that is none of their business in the first place considered lying?

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, genuine Christianity started in the first century. The false teachings started shortly after (2 Corinthians 11:2-15; Galatians 1:6-7; 1 John 4:1).

17. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Isn't it good enough that I attend a Baptist Church without ceasing attending Catholic Church?

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not see Wright as being very good, as he is often more wrong than "wright "in his theology, and trust instead Jesus and Paul, as they did not hold to any sacramental grace!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be his local Baptist Church!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its not a question of good enough, its more that you should obey God, and come out from among those who teach another and false Gospel message!
    Would be the same as if still going to a Mormon temple or Watchtower church.