Catholicism is not compatible with Christianity

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist6589, Dec 20, 2015.

1. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hey Hark, talking with you has been a pleasure. You have very good heart and been very patient with me with our exchange on different thread.

Your two questions:
    Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ?
    YES.
    Do you believe that God raised Him from the dead?
    YES.

I asked the Devil those two questions and he said YES TOO!Devilish

Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ? Satan said "I spent a month with him face to face"Devilish
    Do you believe that God raised Him from the dead? Satan said "Worst day of my life!"Devilish

"maybe theres still hope I will be saved!"Devilish

I got question for you, Hark.

Do you love Jesus Christ?

Then feed the sheep.

2. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An atheist is someone that does not believe in the existence of God.

A hypocritical atheist that hates God is really an agnostic. They believe in God, but they hate God.

Now I can see how a former believer can become an agnostic and even an atheist, because of the lie of the evolution theory or some other lie or some wrong suffered by christians, but he is still saved, because the sinner came to believe in Jesus IN THIS LIFE to be saved, and so it is after death is when judgment comes when believing is too late.

I am sure all those people in hell believe in God now but too late, because sin had reached its fruition of the point of no return where they hate God and everything that is good of God. They cannot be saved any more than the devil can be saved for they are both at the point of no return.

If you remember how sin separates us from God, if the antidote is not applied in this life before we die, then after death, is the point of no return.

So in regards to the devil, he believes in God, but he hates God. God has judged him to the point of no return.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Jude 1:6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

It is written that the lake of fire was prepared for the devil and his angels as they are reserved in chains to go there soon. The judgment has been given for the devil and for those that have passed on without ever believing in Jesus Christ that wants to be saved.

So the salvation message is for the living; not for those that have already been judged to the lake of fire in the spiritual realm.

2 Corinthians 6:2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day ofsalvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

By His grace and by His help, I am, but only He can cause the increase.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

3. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When one truly believes they will not lose that belief, and God has granted them eternal life which cannot become temporal. If it could Christ would be a liar. (John 10:28)
    First, don't deny my testimony. I believed as a Catholic. It was intellectual. I even trembled at the thought of going to Hell at times. But since the RCC does not preach the gospel, that is how the gospel can save you, then I wasn't saved. The mere facts of the gospel do not save!!
    Second, the devils do believe and tremble. They know the outcome--outer darkness in the Lake of Fire for all eternity (Rev.20:10). They are not illiterate. But they are deceived. They have "faith in" their leader, deceived that he will overcome God and be the leader or god of this universe (Satan). Read Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28).
    Not true. There is no one that God cannot save or would not save. Are you (or anyone) so evil you cannot come to God? Would it have been possible for Hitler, for example, to come to Christ in spite of all his evil deeds? Is there anyone that God cannot save? No.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
    --The invitation is there for all. Come unto me ALL ye that labor... Christ will accept anyone who comes.
    Not true. Every believer has a relationship that they will never lose.
    Jesus said; 'You must be born again." Like it is in real life, when one is born, they cannot be unborn. That is an absurd concept. When born into God's family it is impossible to be "unborn" out of his family.

These are two very important statements showing why the above is true:
    1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    --We know that we have a relationship with Christ because we are obedient.
    --The person that says he is a believer and is not obedient is a liar and the truth is not in him. He is a pretender, a fake. He never was a true believer in the first place. The true believer can never lose his salvation. He is obedient to Christ.
    A saved believer is a disciple, a follower of Christ. How can a believer be not saved, not following Christ?
    There is no such thing as a saved believer and an unsaved believer. Either a person is a believer or not.
    All believers will be raptured. No believer will be left behind. Where do you get such an idea?
    A loss of rewards takes place in heaven after the rapture (1Cor.3:11-15).
    When Paul referred to himself as a possible "castaway," he was referring to himself being put out of the ministry by disqualification. Such is the case today by those preachers who fall into immorality and must be removed from the pulpit, for example.
    No there is not. Obviously you don't understand the passage in 1Cor.9:27. I just explained it to you. It doesn't affect anyone's salvation. All believers are saved.
    If one has never trusted Christ they are not saved. If one is not following Christ they ought to examine themselves to see whether or not they are saved.

John 15:4 -6; Luke 12:40 -49
    First, in Luke 12, note that it is a parable and not everything in a parable is to be taken literally.
    Parables are "earthly stories meant to teach heavenly truths." Those truths are usually just one or two in number, and not everything is to be allegorized.
    The parable is against the nation of Israel who have rejected the offer of the Kingdom. The religious leaders were supposed to have been properly managing the affairs of the nation until Christ came. But they weren't. The Kingdom had come to them in the person of Christ. Verses 47 and 48 seem to refer to the leaders of Israel.
    In general one might say that unbelievers with a great knowledge of the revelation of God's Word will have to answer for their response to God's Word.
    And you are speaking falsely. I know this from experience both inside the RCC and from my experience outside the RCC. They do not believe the gospel and therefore are not saved. They do not believe "in his name." Rather they believe "facts." And their salvation is by works, not by grace through faith.
    There is no salvation in the RCC. Their theology is contrary to what the Word of God teaches.
    God will only judge believers, and it is a day of rewards and loss of rewards, nothing to do with salvation. Those who have not put their trust in Christ will not be there. Those who adhere strictly to RCC doctrine (baptismal regeneration, etc.) will not be there.
    A believer is a believer. He is saved and a disciple of Jesus.

All believers are saved. Those who believe in Catholic doctrine cannot be saved for they are trusting both their baptism and the RCC to save them and not Christ. Therefore they are NOT believers.

True. That makes them disciples of the RCC, and unbelievers in Christ, no matter what they may say.

4. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Very pretty. One back at you.

5. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You know the VERY BEST Christians are Atheist. Laugh

Good Fathers can be many things, But a Great Father is Father First.
    Closest friend, good parent, source of confidence millions of other good things, about the last thing you will ever figure it was God.

They know the Father, would toast first then to call him or know him as anything but Father.

6. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Christ doesn't want your love. He doesn't want your devotion, your worship, your sacrifice, etc.
    He doesn't want anything from you, nor does he need anything from you.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
    --All of your love and devotion to him are as filthy rags. They are good only for throwing in the trash.
    They mean nothing to him.

Christ died for you. He shed his blood on the Cross. It was an extreme sacrifice for God to come from the glories of heaven and die for the sins of mankind. But you seem to mock that and place yourself, your selfish love as more important than God's love for you. You are so wrapped up in yourself that you disregard the great love that God has for you.
    Do you realize that you are a criminal in his sight. You have broken his law; have sinned against a most holy God and will someday stand before him in judgment. He may ask you: "Why should I let you into my heaven?" And what would you answer? "Because I love you??" That won't be good enough. Mere love doesn't get one into heaven.
    Sin must be paid for. The wages of sin is death (Rom.6:23). You are unable to pay that penalty except to spend eternity in hell.
    But Christ paid the penalty already by dying on the cross. He made an atonement for sin, paid the price that we could never pay. Now he offers it to you. It is not love that he requires. He desires you to receive his offer of salvation by trusting Him as Lord and Savior of your life. Not until you do that can you truly love him.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

7. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A believer can lose faith by erring from the truth. 2 Timothy 2:18 BUT God still acknowledges them as His, having His seal and still calls them to depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:19

So that means John 10:28 remains true in spite of a believer that no longer believes. See 2 Timothy 2:13 as proof. See below;

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

So in God's House, there are two kinds of believers; the ones that are His disciples that are abiding in Him by trusting Him as their Good Shepherd in laying aside every weight and sin in running that race; those are the vessels unto honor in His House. 2 Timothy 2:20

The vessels unto dishonor are the ones that did not depart from iniquity, because if a believer purges himself of the iniquity by departing from it with His help, then they can be received as vessels unto honor in His House when the Bridegroom comes, but they have to do this by faith in Him BEFORE the Bridegroom comes. 2 Timothy 2:21

This is why and how there are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven and why and how there are the least in the kingdom of heaven because Jesus is keeping them.

And so not every one will be ready for the Bridegroom when He comes which is why the pre trib rapture is about separating the sheep from the goats; the vessels unto honor from the vessels unto dishonor.

So that means again that John 10:28 remains true in spite of a believer that no longer believes. See 2 Timothy 2:13 & 2 Timothy 2:18-21 & Matthew 5:19 as proof of this.

God be willing, I shall address your other comments of your recent post.

8. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not deny what you have shared, but you are not going to find your testimony in scripture where it says head knowledge doesn't save. There is just no way to find that anywhere in the N.T. that just knowing and believing in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead is not going to save you. Scripture says the opposite.

John 3:18 & John 1:12-13 & John 20:31 & 1 John 5:13 testifies to the power of God in salvation for even those that just believe in His name.

Note how the ones that are condemned already because they didn't even believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The very fact that they believe in His name is a work of God Himself.

So head knowledge is out, otherwise, the following verses could not be true.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

You have to consider the ramifications of what you are preaching because then a lot of parents of those affected by mental retardation, mental handicap, and autism may doubt their children are saved as parents would wonder if they are just mimicking with no real "head knowledge". Parents of average children would fear the same.

I believe that sinners that love their sins more than God would never even "want" to believe in His name.

Salvation is that simple and that powerful which is why Jesus commanded His disciples to make disciples of other saved believers so that they remain free from sin and from religious dead works to continue in His love as His disciples to bear fruit and that their joy may be full.

9. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An atheist is someone that does not believe in the existence of God.

A hypocritical atheist that hates God is really an agnostic. They believe in God, but they hate God.

Now I can see how a former believer can become an agnostic and even an atheist, because of the lie of the evolution theory or some other lie or some wrong suffered by christians, but he is still saved, because the sinner came to believe in Jesus IN THIS LIFE to be saved, and so it is after death is when judgment comes when believing is too late.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

I am sure all those people in hell believe in God now but too late, because sin had reached its fruition of the point of no return where they hate God and everything that is good of God. They cannot be saved any more than the devil can be saved for they are both at the point of no return.

If you remember how sin separates us from God, if the antidote is not applied in this life before we die, then after death, is the point of no return.

So in regards to the devil, he believes in God, but he hates God. God has judged him to the point of no return.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Jude 1:6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

It is written that the lake of fire was prepared for the devil and his angels as they are reserved in chains to go there soon. The judgment has been given for the devil and for those that have passed on without ever believing in Jesus Christ that wants to be saved.

So the salvation message is for the living; not for those that have already been judged to the lake of fire in the spiritual realm.

2 Corinthians 6:2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day ofsalvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

10. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's back up a bit, shall we, brother? Right before that invitation.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

This is not saying that no smart person nor wise person cannot be saved, but this is showing how it takes the Father to reveal His Son to sinners so that they can believe... even to babies. Yep. Believe that.

So a sinner believer in the name of Jesus are saved, because the Father reveal His Son to them so they can see and believe in Him to be saved.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Thus their believing even in the name of Jesus Christ is a work of God Himself, otherwise, they would never believe even in His name, because they love their evil deeds more than rather being reproved of them. God the Father knows this, and so He does not bother revealing the Son to them.

Evidence of this in ministry where the Father is selective as to who will hear the gospel to be saved at that time from those that would would never want to because they love their evil deeds rather than to be saved.

Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, 7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not. 8 And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas. 9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. 10 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

If you think this is unfair of God to be doing, remember this promise from God, but take note how it did not come with a warning first about who you preach the gospel to.

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

So obviously, God the Father knew that nobody in Asia and Bithynia was seeking Him, but in Macedonia, He knew they were seeking Him.

Yes, the gospel is for every one, but God the Father is at work knowing whom would seek Him from those whom love their evil deeds more than coming to Him to be saved from their sin of unbelief.

As it is, not every one hearing the gospel believes... and so whether or not sometime down the road, those that do not believe will believe, God the Father knows, but God the Father is the One that gives sinners to the Son to save them by revealing His Son to them so they can believe in Him... even in His name.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day......

Make no mistake...

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.....65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Our even believing in His name is a work of God Himself. His name has the power to save. Just seeing how God the Father works behind the scenes is why we know sinners destined to hell would never even believe in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:8 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

11. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did the Father give you to Christ?
    How would you know?

12. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, not every saved believer that has been reconciled to God would want to continue in fellowship with the Son and the Father, because of the cares of this life that chokes the word and they become unfruitful. That does not mean they are not saved, but they are at risk of being cut off when the Bridegroom finds them as not abiding in Him as the bride.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
    5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

So our trusting Him as our Good Shepherd is how we can abide in Him.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

So if a saved believer stops abiding in Him, he withers and is cast into the fire. See also 1 Corinthians 3:15 on why he is still saved. You can't wither unless you had life and was abiding of the vine. So in that same sense, if a person sows to the works of the flesh, they reap corruption and wither as a result... unless they repent before the Bridegroom comes.

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

So abiding in Him is to be His disciples so as to bear fruit as His disciples.

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Abiding in Him is abiding in His love.

John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Being His disciple is so that our joy may be full. It is not for our salvation, but because of our salvation, we can live this reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ so that our joy may be full... now.

So it is not about being unborn, but just not bearing fruit as His disciple.

Verses 20-22 are those that have received the seed ( Christ ) but it did not become fruitful for them whereas verse 23 shows the fruits of a disciple by His grace and by His help when trusting Him as their Good Shepherd as they can do nothing without Him.

Matthew 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; 21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. 22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. 23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Those that have received Him, will find to their error how they had not continued that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ that cost them.. an unfruitful life and an inheritance in Heaven, but they will be received for an inheritance down here on earth after the great tribulation.

13. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the scripture. That is the only way I would know.

In the beginning as a tot, I just believed in Him, even in His name, but I could not remember exactly when I had believed in Him, but I was dreaming about Him.

14. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You err not knowing the Scriptures.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    You have yet to explain how eternal life does not mean "eternal." This seems to be a real problem for you? I give unto you eternal life, Jesus said. When does eternal cease to be eternal, and when does Jesus start to become a liar??
    It is not speaking of salvation. This is a pastoral epistle. Paul is giving Timothy advice on leadership in a local church. Timothy is already saved. It is speaking of faithful in ministry. God is always faithful to us.
    There is only one kind of believer. Either you are saved or not.
    Either you are on your way to heaven or on your way to hell--no in between.
    Either you are a Christian or a pagan--God doesn't differentiate; the unsaved are all in one boat.
    There is only one kind of believer--the kind that goes to heaven.
    There is only one kind of unbeliever--the kind that goes to hell.
    2Ti 2:20-21
    (20) But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
    (21) If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
    There is nothing about a rapture here, and nothing about a bride or bridegroom. You err.

Quote the previous verse to get the full context here:
    2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
    --The Lord knows them that are His. There were many deceivers, many false teachers. Timothy was to avoid them and have nothing to do with them.
    In verse 20 he refers to vessels of dishonor in this house. In verse 21 Timothy is to purge himself of these--get rid of them, throw them out "as filthy rags, good for nothing." These are the false teachers, and in verse 19 "let every one who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity" the iniquity which they taught and Timothy was to purge. They were not Christians.
    You should quote the Scripture you are referring to that you may show how confused you are.
    Here it is:
    Luke 7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
    --It is Jesus speaking of John the Baptist. He is saying that those in the NT covenant, entering into the Kingdom, even the least of these, will be greater than John. Why? Because one who has salvation in and through Christ has a better position than a prophet or is better off than a prophet.
    Learn your Bible and quote the actual scripture.
    The rapture is not about separating the sheep from the goats.
    The only time that illustration is used is at the judgment of the nations, which occurs after the Tribulation, and before the Millennial Kingdom. It has to do with those who are friends of the Jews and those who are not.

You have no proof. Eternal means eternal. You have to deal with that. Taking scripture out of context doesn't prove anything.

15. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What do you mean "by the scripture." The Pharisees could have said that.
    What scripture says that you are one of those elite, those special elected ones that the Father has called or chosen to be with Christ, while the rest he has damned for all eternity to the Lake of Fire? Why you? How do you know that? Where in the Bible does it say that you are one of the elect?

16. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It did not say that he is not saved. It just means he is not His disciple. The professing believer is not abiding in Him, and so no believer needs to listen to him to follow as an example. That is why John wrote this:

1 John 2:26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. 29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

That's not inferring that every one that do unrighteousness is not born of him. We go back to...

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

This is about how we know we are abiding in Him and how we know whom is abiding in Him as well.

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

That is how we know the love of God has been perfected in us and in others when we abide in Him and know whom has not yet have the love of God perfected yet to not allow them to seduce us to follow them.

Remember Matthew 5:19 ? They that break the least of His commandments and teach others so, are the least IN the kingdom of heaven.

Explain that reference if you believe I am applying that one out of context when that verse meaning can stand alone all by itself.

Explain 2 Timothy 2:13 then.

Explain how a former believer is still His in verse 18 in relation to 2 Timothy 2:19-21 to depart from iniquity that made him stop believing.

Explain what a vessel unto dishonor is in His House from that reference.

Explain how departing from iniquity makes one a vessel unto honor in His House and how this is not just as well testifying to the ones in His House that are not departing from iniquity are the vessels unto dishonor.

Until you address the references, you cannot prove I am taking it out of context for what it means. I surely cannot be corrected by just saying, "You took that out of context" and then don't show me how I did it or what that reference was meaning rightly so that I can see my error, brother.

17. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Christ doesn't want my love? The commandment is Love.

DHK, If you don't love God your in hell already. Sometimes eternal torment is getting exactly what you want.

My love for God is FREE. I don't get paid to love God.

1 Corinthians 13
    2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

You can have all faith, that's my faith, your faith, his and hers........all of it, No love? Its trash, nothing.

I think the mockery comes from folks who are surprised shocked even God would bother to save a portion of people, believing everyone deserves damnation. As if to tell God they are surprised he is half a jerk rather then a complete one they expect.

The real mockery is I know God let his son die for you and for me to tell you that you and your love of God mean nothing to him, I would never say that to you.

Mere Love?
    1 john 4
    8The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

16We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

Every sin is ceasing to Love God.

Paul tells us he rather go to hell, separated from Christ if it meant saving his brethren.

Romans 9
    3For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

If loving God is wrong, I don't want to be right. I rather Love God and go to hell.

Paul doesn't sound anything like you does he? Thats a heart of a Christian.

Matthew 23
    13“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.

Any guesses who that sounds like? O O

Everywhere I go I run into this guy who preaches the BAD NEWS, morbid bully who gets a kick out making others suffer......using God to do it icing on top.

What did you get God for Father's Day? Coffee

18. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The command is to "Love the Lord THY God," first found in Deu.6:4,5, and directed toward the nation of Israel, or God's people. IOW, if you are not one of God's people then the command is not directed to you. God doesn't want your love. He wants your heart, your submission. He wants you to come to Him as a sinner trusting Him as Lord of your life. Only then can you love him.
    It is not about me.
    None of us get "paid" by God. We all deserve the wrath of God and nothing more. It is by his mercy that we are alive today. Why doesn't God just crush you like a ant? Because He is both merciful and kind. Not because you have anything to offer God, free or otherwise. God doesn't need your love. God has need of nothing. If God needed anything then God would not be God.
    What makes you think you have the kind of love God wants. Your love centers around you. God doesn't want your selfish love.
    Love that is centered around self is trash also.
    Do you think everyone deserves damnation? They do. There is nothing you or anyone else can do to merit heaven. No one can get to heaven by doing good, and that includes the work of "love." God doesn't need it. God is love. You are the one in need of his love.

Perhaps not. But if you are not part of God's family via the new birth, then God does not want your love. It is the wrong kind of love. He only wants or desires love from his true children. Not until you actually become one of his children will God accept your love or worship. Thus God says to you:
    You must be born again.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    --Do you know Christ? Do you have a personal relationship with Him?
    1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    That speaks to Paul's great love for the salvation of his nation, Israel, or for his fellow-man.
    Paul was already on his way to heaven, and therefore could say or pray like that.
    He said "I wish myself accursed, separated from Christ." IOW, he knew he was not separated from Christ. But you don't know that do you? In fact the opposite is true. If you were to die right now do you know for sure you would go to heaven? Paul was sure, but you are not. Correct?

It sounds like someone, who in their profile, calls themself a "bad Catholic, and then on the board in public infers that he is a so-called "Christian atheist." These kind of people are always bad news.

And then you wonder why you get kicked out???

19. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If utilyan loves God and thus loves Jesus, then how can he do that unless....

1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Is that verse the truth or not?

Just because a believer does not know how it is that he loves Him, doesn't mean that He does not love him.

And so it is possible for a saved believer to not know he is already saved even though he believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God had raised Him from the dead.

The ministry then to that believer is not to preach the gospel when he has already heard the gospel, but to use the light of the gospel to expose the works of catholicism as not of the truth nor of the light.

20. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Kicked out? I don't think you read what I wrote.

Assume, Infer, Accuse. Those aren't Christian tools.
    You wouldn't want me to do that right?

You are about as pleasant a Drunk Abusive Father.

That what DHK stand for? DRUNK HOME KEEPAWAY

If Love is selfish its not love. We are talking about AGAPE.

I know you think kindness and love is weak, Prob from all those beatings you daddy gave you.

Even on the command Love your Enemies that breaks whatever fascist qualification you think you had going. Cause we teach the enemy to Love God.

Matthew 9
    13“But go and learn what this means: ‘I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,’ for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
    ^ I gave you scripture.

Instead just talking SMACK how about give us bible verse where God doesn't want Love. OR do you hate scripture?