Catholicism is not compatible with Christianity

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist6589, Dec 20, 2015.

1. relling Catholic

Hi DHK,

Thanks for you response.

You offered no proof of any kind for your accusation that any denomination including the Catholic Church "deliberately" leads people to hell.

Ray

2. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What kind of proof do you want?

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Paul said that person who preaches any other message but the one that he preaches is accursed.
    I can quote to you from their catechism the message that they preach: Salvation is through baptism.

Would you like me to do that?
    That is another message than that which Paul preached. They are accursed according to the Bible.
    They are leading people astray, right into hell with such a message as that.

3. relling Catholic

Hi DHK,

I am not disputing your view that Catholic teaching is sending people to hell. I think you are wrong but we can debate that at another time.

My issue is your statement that the Catholic Church is "deliberately" sending people to hell.
    You offer no proof at all.

Ray

4. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How did these leaders come to the place where they are now?
    The Bible says:
    Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    --Holding the truth (the gospel) but holding it in unrighteousness, they have rejected it.
    Reading the entire chapter one finds how God has given them up to uncleanness, to vile affections, etc.
    Why?
    Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    --They at one time did know God. But being unthankful they encountered vain imaginations, and their foolish hearts were darkened. IOW, they turned away form the truth and deliberately preached a message that leads others to hell.

5. relling Catholic

Hi DHK,

My issue is your statement that the Catholic Church is "deliberately" sending people to hell.
    You offer no proof at all.

Ray

6. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There are Catholics that know the way of salvation. That being the case they deliberately are leading people to hell. If you don't believe me start interacting with some of the remaining Catholics on this board. Some of them used to be Baptists. They know the way of salvation and yet teach Catholicism leading people deliberately to hell. That is proof enough.

7. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    relling

Hello RR,
    Welcome to Baptistboard.
    Several of us are former Roman Catholics. We are familiar with the Roman Church... As a youth I attended St Stanislaus Church, then St Philip and James....for first communion and confirmation. used a St.josephs missal.
    My second cousin was/is a frequent speaker on Telicare..

http://ncronline.org/authors/sr-camille-darienzo

That being said.....I drifted away from church, was living an ungodly life, started to read a bible over a 4 month period trying to find mistakes and errors in it.
    God showed me I was wrong, He was right.....
    I was taught the the roman church was the one true church, but when you actually learn what the scripture says, you find out many things that we were exposed to, are not in scripture, but rather in RC tradition....I go with scripture everytime now.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask them, I will offer you scripture that you might find interesting.

8. relling Catholic

Hi DHK,

Has any of those Catholics stated they are "deliberately" leading people to hell?

If yes, have they said why they want people to go to hell?

Ray

9. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea I think the use of the word deliberately is just off.

10. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I agree with revmitchell about your use of the word "deliberately."
    That being said, a person who has "deliberately" rejected Christ as Savior, and is preaching a false message is deliberately leading people to hell. Is that not correct?

11. relling Catholic

Hi DHK,

Let's stick with the issue you raised that the Catholic Church "deliberately" leads people to hell.

Do you now agree with me that me that the Catholic Church does NOT deliberately lead people to hell?

Then I will be happy to answer your question.

Ray

12. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, I don't agree.
    As I have mentioned to you there are Catholics here that were former Baptists. They hold the truth, know the truth, and have rejected the truth. They would rather spread the false doctrine of Catholicism than spread the truth of the gospel.
    Many Catholics have been banned from here for that very reason.

There are a number of good Catholic apologists. Some of them have set up web pages directed against the beliefs of fundamental or evangelical Baptists and giving help to Catholics in how to witness or debate against them. That is leading people to hell. It is like telling people "flee from the truth of Christ, and follow me to Hell instead."
    There was a time when some of these were on this board. They were all banned, en masse.

13. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't that what you said? Catholics are deliberately sending people to hell?

14. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I agreed with you in the sense that I didn't like how the word was being used.
    You know a poster here who was a Baptist, came from a strong Baptist church where the gospel was preached, made a profession of faith in Christ, and then apostatized, becoming a Catholic. He deliberately preaches a false message having heard and rejected the truth of God. That is what I believe.

15. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As in knows the truth but intends to mislead people so they will go to hell?

16. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A former coworker left the Baptist denomination for Mormonism. While he did reject the gospel and teaches a false religion, his intent is not to deceive. He rejected the gospel without fully apprehending its message and power.

Sent from my TARDIS

17. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I think Paul was quite straight forward and very clear in his teaching:

Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There is not much to misunderstand here.

18. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Perhaps there is still hope for him.
    A friend of my wife had professed Christ and then went and joined up with the J.W.'s. But while she was there she became afraid of what she got herself into. She was terribly convicted of the Holy Spirit. She came out of that movement in tears regretting that she had ever joined in the first place.

19. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I understand what Paul said it does not answer my question with regards to how you are using the word "deliberately". Can you address what you intend behind the use of that word? Did I characterize your use correctly?

20. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope, but worry as it has been years and he is fairly much indoctrinated in their belief whereas his apprehension of the gospel was had been merely cognitive and superficial. He left because he saw people in his church living worldly and he perceived Mormons to exhibit those values he found most important.

Sent from my TARDIS