1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured child baptism right or wrong ?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cavell, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Rebel1

Rebel1 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, but... the Magisterial Reformers were state-churchists who habitually murdered Anabaptists and others, all while claiming to be following Jesus. Instead of following Him, I believe they were rejecting Him by their actions. Did they confess their sin of murder and ask God to forgive them? If so, why did they keep condoning it, being a part of it, and participating in it?

2. Cavell

Cavell Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    She will point to John the Baptist when he was in the womb. I am best off not getting in to a scriptural battle with her, she will win.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as our Reformed bethren tie OT circumcision into NT baptism, as the sign of one being part of the community of faith.

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She might say that an infant John the Baptist "felt" the Holy Spirit, but she cannot say he "knew" the Holy Spirit." The Bible doesn't say that.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thye Holy Spirit set apart John, Jeremiah, etc from the womb, unique cases, as were prophets of God!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Each group uses it to their advantage

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it's a matter of MISINFORMATION. Satan works constantly to misinform Christians in attempts to lead them astray. They simply don't know that baptizing someone won't save them. Thus, they act outta good intent, not maliciously or deliberately sinfully.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My In Laws were very afraind and upset with my wife and me, as they just did not know why we kept delaying water baptism for our boys, as they feared damnationif the boys died before the water hit them!

9. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All spiritual deception originates with Satan. The source of misinformation is found in the doctrines of the denominations with which the parents identify. The reason they don't know that baptizing someone won't save them is because they have been taught it either saves the child or enables them to be saved.

A child of God should grow in the knowledge of his Savior and not continue in ignorance of spiritual practices. The Holy Spirit will guide them to the truth.

2Pe 3:17 KJV - Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know [these things] before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

2Pe 3:18 KJV - But grow in grace, and [in] the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him [be] glory both now and for ever. Amen.