1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chip implants and the anti-christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by wtrsju, Jul 29, 2005.

1. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Knock all you want KenH, you're good at it.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just as premillennialists are good at knocking competing eschtalogical viewpoints. [​IMG] We're all good at tearing down the opposition. As Lyndon B. Johnson said, "Any jackass can kick down a barn but it takes a good carpenter to build one."

3. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I'm a pretribulationist, born again, Bible believing, Berean, Christian truck driver who is baptism and sign gift challenged.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Sign gift challenged? [​IMG]

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Originally posted by yeshua4me2
    True, but God knew it was coming. This latest development is paving the way. Sin never jumps on us all at one time. It sneaks up, just like the mark of the beast is doing.

Originally posted by tamborine lady
    In my opinion, the anti-Christ will not be revealed until the rapture takes place. Since I am pre-trib, I won't know who the anti-Christ is, nor will I have the option of taking the mark of the beast (two different subjects here).

Rev. 13-17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Does that mean that Jesus could not have come back until now? Was His return not imminent in 1850?

7. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Paul wrote his two letters to the Thessalonians, they were believers in Christ just as we are today, what is pertinent to the church in their time is also pertinent to us today.

The revealing of the Antichrist only appears in Scripture applicable to the church, it is not mentioned in the OT, Gospels or Revelation, it occurs during the dispensation of grace that began at Pentecost and ends with the rapture.

The "abomination" is mentioned in the OT, Gospels and Revelation, therefore does not occur or apply to the church as doesthe Antichrist's revealing.

2 Thess. 2 states our gathering to him will not come until "the man of lawlessness is revealed,"
    he has to be revealed before we are raptured. His revealing and the completion of the third temple
    before the rapture nullifies the imminency of it.

Scripture supports a pre-trib rapture but not before the Antichrist is revealed before the day of the Lord. Our rapture must occur before the day of the Lord begins but after he is revealed. The rapture is somewhere in between his revealing and that day. The rapture must occur immediately before that day of destruction in order for it to come "suddenly" and unexpectedly (Lk. 21:34) "like a thief in the night" (1 Thess. 5:2-3).

8. I Am Blessed 24

You forgot to say, "in my opinion". :D

9. billwald

billwald New Member

I suspect there were several pre trib people who were stuffed in Hitler's ovens. Anyone think they suffered less than those whom you think will go through the tribulation?

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I don't think it's a question of suffering so much as an issue of widespread sin, false teachings, and lack of any restraint on it. Lawlessness will reign throughout the world. That we have not seen yet.

11. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

I am Blessed 16 said:

In my opinion, the anti-Christ will not be revealed until the rapture takes place. Since I am pre-trib, I won't know who the anti-Christ is, nor will I have the option of taking the mark of the beast (two different subjects here).

----------------------------------

Scripture says: 2 Thes 2-3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Doesn't "that day" refer to the rapture?? And doesn't the "man of sin" refer to the anti-christ?

Isn't this scripture saying that we will know who the anti-christ is before the rapture happens??
    :rolleyes: :confused:

Peace,

Tam

12. I Am Blessed 24

In my opinion, that verse is referring to "the day of Christ", which I am given to understand is not the rapture, but rather Christ’s coming to judgment day.

It is most certain that the Lord Jesus Christ will come to judge the world, that he will come in all the pomp and power of the upper world in the last day, to execute judgment upon all.

We may well be here to see the beast, but that is not the anti-Christ. The beast is his forerunner...

I am open to any misconceptions I may have about this great event.

§ue

13. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Is the anti-christ the old slooth foot himself?

14. I Am Blessed 24

He will be a literal person, more than likely, a renowned world leader.

Remember, for the first three years, he will appear to be bringing peace to the world.

15. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Well if we're are pre-trib why is this warning of what to look for in the bible? ie.... when we ain't gonna be here because when the going gets tough we get raptured?

16. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Misconceptions? Big time.

17. I Am Blessed 24

Unsaved people read the Bible too and not everyone believes in pretrib...

18. I Am Blessed 24

"Misconceptions? Big time."

Would you care to point them out and share scripture please?

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Some eschatologists leave no room for varying views of prophecy Sue. The way that have decided it will be it WILL be in their minds.

I am still convinced that we are ALL due for some surprises along the way.

20. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

I can agree with you on that C4K. A lot of people will be surprised as we go along. Including me, because I'm sure I don't have everything mapped out exactly right, but neither does anyone else, so I am not alone!!

[​IMG] :D [​IMG]

Peace,

Tam