Christianity Today: Trump Should Be Removed

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Calminian, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Let me know if this subject is already posted somewhere.

I think this speaks more to CT, than it does to our President.

Trump Should Be Removed from Office
    It’s time to say what we said 20 years ago when a president’s character was revealed for what it was.
    MARK GALLIDECEMBER 19, 2019

It's amazing that a Christian would seek to punish a man that's committed no crime, and that has been so responsive to Christian political ideas.

But CT is now supporting the sham impeachment and in my view, showing their true Character.

We want CT to be a place that welcomes Christians from across the political spectrum, and reminds everyone that politics is not the end and purpose of our being. We take pride in the fact, for instance, that politics does not dominate our homepage.​

I think this says it all. They don't like Trump's stance on life. They want big tent Christianity. The want pro-choice liberals included. I think that's what this is about.

I heard this kind of non-sense from a pulpit a few years ago, and ended leaving the church. "Don't talk about politics to democrats. We want them to come to church with us." Red flag for me, ended up leaving, but this is exactly where CT is coming from.

2. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God will do what God chooses to do. If God chooses to remove Donald Trump from the Presidency, he will be removed. If God chooses to keep him in leadership, he will remain President.
    What I know is that we must pray for the peace of the city as we live in exile.

3. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump and I agree with you. :)

I think he's referred to them as a left wing publication, but, Fox News poll showed a drop in evangelical support for Trump also.

Do a poll here on the BB and see if the trend holds true here.

4. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thankfully Franklin scolded them and said Billy was friends with and voted for Trump. Liberal rag is all the magazine is.

5. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In reading the article there is no mention by the editor that people should vote for a democrat. All the article says is that Trump should be removed from office by impeachment and Senate vote.
    The outcome of that would be to have a person who has shown his faith to be real, Mike Pence, become President. I am not against Pence becoming President as he has a much more virtuous personality than President Trump, in my opinion.

6. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The next election would go to a Democrat. Did Trump commit a crime, or does he just cuss too much for you?

7. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe President Trump is not innocent. Over course of his life he has likely broken many laws. It is likely he did threaten to withhold money if the President of Ukraine did not do as he demanded. Just like Bill Clinton lied under oath, so President Trump likely broke the law. Like Clinton, President Trump will not be removed by the Senate. Christianity Today is not wrong to call for President Trumps removal for breaking the law.

As I have said, God will retain President Trump or remove him. God is judging the USA. We are getting the leaders our corrupt hearts deserve.

8. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump did what every President in modern history has done.
    Ukraine, our great ally, lost Crimea on Obamas watch. Maybe they should have impeached Obama for violating a defense treaty.

9. Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just who is 'Evangelical' Mark Galli?

Mark Galli - Wikipedia

10. Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think this editor is more Godly or less Godly than President Trump? Has he broken more laws or less laws than President Trump?
    The fact is that Christians should not be silent just because they support the platform of one political party over another. When someone in the camp acts immorally and contrary to God's moral law, should Christians be silent and look the other way?

12. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes its a liberal rag

13. Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has more integrity than any President I’ve ever voted for.
    I voted for him the first time with great relipuctance.

BUT
    He’s kept his promises.
    He’s put conservatives on the courts.
    He’s the strongest pro-life President we’ve ever seen.
    He’s put Americans back to work and stood up against the nations that take advantage of us
    He’s attempted to keep Americans safe from foreign illegal entrance.
    And he’s stood up against the entrenched political bureaucracy plaguing this nation.

I don’t care for his personal life
    I don’t care about his religious life
    I don’t even like his tweets... (what ever they are)
    but he’s earned my vote in the election.

Rob

14. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once, while at a "Men's Retreat" the fellow brought in to provide the music was something of a rustic. He had recently proclaimed his faith, and therefore had not "grown up in church." His off the cuff remarks contained profanities. He did not know very much about "bible doctrine" and made "mistakes." But he did his best to do his job, and many were blessed with the aid of his contribution.

Mr. Trump is trying to do what he thinks is best for our country, and I believe scripture teaches we should all be praying for him and his family. OTOH, we should rebuke those "holier than thou" hypocrites who know how to hide their flaws.

15. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not suffer from “Trump-ification” and I do consider he is under the control of God, just as Obama was.

There is much bluster and attitude that is offensive, but liberals have used offensiveness as a badge of honor my whole life. Some reaping is good for them.

The media outlets have failed in truth telling.

The “prince of the air” has done terrible things, and is yet to be stronger in deceitfulness.

Just glad to be going home.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we all spent Christmas at home?

16. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I applaud your last sentence. Until then when we assemble...

Hebrews 12:22-24
    But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering, and to the assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

17. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The outcome would be disastrous for the country, considering Trump literally did nothing illegal nor wrong. Mike Pence would want no part of this and would rebuke your suggestion. Mike Pence, yes, shows real faith, not the fake kind that supports guilt by accusation.

Since when do Christians condone bearing false witness?

18. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Trump is no angel, but he's not as bad as many of the hypocrites opposing him. I actually like the guy. Doesn't hide anything, including his shortcomings.

The best we can do as Christians is to support him, and applaud the good he does.

19. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've come to the same conclusion. You can always find flaws in a man. Not very hard, especially when he doesn't try to hide them.

20. Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did President Trump use his position to extort the Ukrainian President to do his wishes? Is extortion a crime?

The fact that other Presidents have done the same thing is a moot point. Those past Presidents are not presently in office. Second, a person who claims to be a Christian is held to a higher standard than a pagan. Thus President Trump is held to the standard of anyone who is a servant in the Kingdom of God.