1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coffee House Chapel #3

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dan Todd, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

February 2

Romans 10:21, “But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.”

Isaiah 55:8 says, “ For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.” Proof of the truth of that verse is found in Romans 9 and 10. Romans 9 is about election, predestination, and reprobation. Romans 10 is about human responsibility.

Most people believe these are mutually exclusive doctrines, that can never be reconciled. I must admit, that I have pondered from time to time how both can be true, but I rest in the truth of Isaiah 55:8. I am not God and I do not think like God, but I trust God implicitly. The Holy Spirit inspired Paul to place these seemingly contradictory doctrines side by side in His Word, and that settles it. (I often hear people say, “God said it, I believe it, and that settles it!” The truth is, God said it, and that settles it! Whether or not I believe it is irrelevant, and does not make what God has said any more true or any less true!)

From a human standpoint, many say that if God elects to salvation, then man cannot be responsible for rejecting the offer of salvation. The flip side of the coin says that if we are responsible for our salvation, then salvation must be by works and not God’s grace. That was the argument of Pelagius in the days of Saint Augustine. “Augustine answered, showing that these are not irreconcilable doctrines. Predestination and personal responsibility are two mutually supportive truths that need always to be held together, as Paul clearly does in Romans. When we do understand them, we see not only that they must be held together, but that the first is actually the solution to the second.” (Boice)

Boice explains the progression like this: “first, human responsibility; second, the perverse exercise of human responsibility in rejecting God; and third, salvation by God’s sovereign grace. Predestination could be described as ‘God’s secret weapon,’ because apart from it no one would be saved.”

In our text we see that unbelief is what happens when the only working element in man’s relationship to God is human responsibility. Robert Haldane says, “We see what is the result, when God employs outward means to lead men to obedience, and does not accompany them with the influence of His efficacious grace.”

Over the next few devotionals, we will explore this text in greater detail. But I leave you today with Ephesians 2:1, “And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins.” I’ve preached and/or attended many funerals. The one thing that I have always noticed is (the common denominator – if you will) that none of those dead folks ever responded to me or any one else. Dead people don’t do stuff! In our human condition of trespasses and sins, we are dead, spiritually dead. And just as physically dead people “don’t do stuff,” neither do spiritually dead people “do stuff.” Without the quickening power of the Holy Spirit, spiritually dead human beings continue being spiritually dead human beings, and the only thing spiritually dead human beings can do is reject Jesus Christ.

I thank God that before the foundation of the earth was laid, He chose me. (Ephesians 1:4-6, “According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.”) Had God not chosen me, I (a spiritually dead human being) would never have chosen Him.

Thank you God for loving me, sending your Son to die for me, and choosing me, an unworthy sinner!

Adapted from “Romans” by Boice.

In Christ,
    Dan Todd

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen! In my limited human mind, I cannot conceive of such grace TO ME!

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Tuesday, February 3, 2004

"The Spirit's Fruit of Goodness"

Today we want to focus on the Holy Spirit's charactor called goodness! Have you ever counted how many times folks in the four gospels called Jesus "Good"?

Psalm 34:8, "Taste and see that the Lord is good."

Nahum 1:7, "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble."

It was Nathaniel who came "trippin' along" in the early parts of Jesus' ministry with the profound question concerning Jesus--"Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?" Friend, goodness doesn't derive from where you're from---but its derived from who you are in Christ---as we'll see later!

Now, speaking of being good and of goodness--

I hear people describe others like this:

"He's a good person!"

Now, I want folks to say that about me! Don't you?? But I don't want them to say that by my own merit!!! Rather, I want Jesus to be the source of my goodness!!! If there's any goodness that is in me---let it be Jesus' goodness! Let it be the character trate He gives me! Let it be His goodness being manifested in and through my life by my obedience to Him!

David Jeremiah says that "Goodness is linked to generocity!" Goodness is the locomotive that pulls the boxcars of generocity!! Amen??

Look again at Galatians 5:22 at the fruit of goodness!!

Its used here in the text to mean "generious, openhanded, and open hearted!"

Jeremiah says again, "Goodness is the generocity that springs from the hand that is kind. A good and generous peson realizes that God put us here not to see through people but to see people through!"

I. OUR GOODNESS WE HAVE FROM CHRIST IS TO BE CIRCULATED AMONG OTHERS

Galatians 6:10 says, "As we have, therefore, opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

There is a character in the little epistle of 3John named Gaius! His goodness showed in his generocity toward the preacher, the teachers and even toward fellow Pilgrams and strangers!!

Studying the life of Gaius makes me want to be a "Gaius!" Doesn't it you??

II. OUR GOODNESS IS TO BE A PATTERN FOR OTHERS

You women who read this---you use that pattern to sew with!! You get it out---lay it on the material you wish to work with--and cut on the dotted lines!! And in the end you come out with a skirt or a shirt or a dress---just like the one in the picture!!!

Wouldn't it be great if we could say---"I'll be your pattern for goodness---as Christ is my pattern!!"

III. WE ARE TO KEEP GOODNESS AT ALL COSTS

I Thessalonians 5:21 says we are to "hold fast to that which is good."

You know!!! As we grow old--we tend to loose things!!! We loose our muscle tone! Our hearing! Our eyesight! Our hair! Our teeth!

But ooooohhhhh, I pray we won't lose the good that comes from Jesus!!! Hang on to the goodness of Jesus! Obey His word today and allow Him to manifest the wonderful fruit of goodness in your life!!

Acts 10:38 says that Jesus "went about doing good." May He today ingraft that good He has in our lives!!!

Brother David

4. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Excellent lesson - thank you!

Dan

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, CajunCrow.

Wonder why NONE of the versions use "beneficence" or "generosity" instead of the generic sounding (and almost undefinable) word "goodness"? Have to ponder that one.

6. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

February 4

Romans 10:21, “But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.”

One of the most interesting presentations of the gospel I have ever heard was by Glenn Siegrist, of Baptist Mid-Missions’ Messianic Ministries. The thing that made Glenn’s presentation so riveting was his texts were entirely from the Old Testament. Glenn preached Jesus, the Messiah, entirely from the Old Testament.

Paul often ends a reasoned argument with a quotation from the Old Testament. Paul closed Romans 9 with quotations from Isaiah 8:14 and 28:16. Paul does the same thing in Romans 10. In fact, Paul has already given us six Old Testament quotations in Romans 10: Joel 2:32 (in verse 13); Isaiah 52:7 (in verse 15); Isaiah 53:1 (in verse 16); Psalm 19:4 (in verse 18); Deuteronomy 32:21 (in verse 19); and Isaiah 65:1 (in verse 20). Our text is the seventh quotation from the Old Testament found in Romans 10, and it comes from Isaiah 65:2, “ I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts.” I cannot think of any better way to preach or make a point, than to quote Scripture. “Thus saith the Lord” (Scripture) is powerful as was testified to by the writer of Hebrews – “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).

Our text “is a moving statement, because it spells out the nature of God’s love in contrast to the disobedient and obstinate rejection of the love of God by human beings.” (Boice) The first part of the verse spells out the nature of God’s love, from which we can learn at least three important things:

1. It is continuous. Paul pictures God as holding out His hands towards Israel for an entire day. Try holding out your hands (arms) for a few minutes, they soon become so heavy it is near impossible to do it for more than a few minutes. Soon you would be in excruciating pain. (Moses needed help holding his arm aloft when Israel was warring against the enemy). No human could hold out their arms for an entire day. But God says He has done this continuously. Paul’s illustration certainly reinforces the truth that even though we are weak and always fail, with God, all things are possible!

Scripture tells us that with God a thousand years is as a day, and a day is as a thousand years. God has been holding out His hands towards Israel (this is grace) since the day of Abraham, some four thousand years. If we go back to Adam and Eve, God’s arms (grace) has been outstretched towards mankind for some six thousand years.

The lesson I learn from this is that God is compassionate. He still offers grace to an unworthy population. For over four thousand years God has held out His hand of grace towards His elect Israel, and for over six thousand years He has offered His free grace to a rebellious mankind. Too often, man takes God’s longsuffering as a sign of weakness or indifference. God is not weak, and He certainly is not indifferent. The day of God’s grace will one day end, and then He will deal with those who have rejected His Son Jesus in judgement, fearful judgment.

If you have never trusted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, do not presume upon God’s grace. God was merciful to the inhabitants of Canaan for over 400 years. God gave the exceedingly sinful Canaanites ample opportunity to repent, but they did not. In fact their sin became even more grievous during the time Israel abode in Egypt. When Joshua and Israel returned to the promised land, God commanded that the inhabitants of the land be totally destroyed because their iniquity was full and overflowing.

You many think that you have done enough good things in your life to appease God, and that you are no where near as wicked as the Canaanites of old. Please heed this warning, the most grievous sin you can commit is to reject Jesus Christ. That is the one sin that is truly unforgivable. I plead with you to accept God’s grace by faith. To reject is to perish. And if you perish, you will have no one to blame but yourself.

In Christ,
    Dan Todd

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Dan, for the reminder of a gracious God.

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I don't get in here everyday (and sometimes I do, but I don't post).

Just wanted to tell you both, you're doing a SUPER job with the devotions!

Thanks Dan and Bro. David!

[​IMG] §ue

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Thursday, February 5,2004

The Spirit's Fruit of Faith
    Galatians 5:22

We've been going though these fruit "One by one" and arrive at this fruit called Faith! Real quick like, what is this fruit!??

The Greek word for faith in this context is "Pistis" and pertains to certain loyality and trustworthyness!

You've heard the expressions:

"They've been faithful friends all these years!"

"He's faithful to the company!"

"We want someone who will be faithful to our club!"

Lamentations 3:22 says, "The Lord's lovingkindness indeed never ceases, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning: Great is thy faithfulness."

Psalm 36:5 says, "Thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds."

Isaiah 11:5 says that faithfulness is "the girdle of His waist."

Thinking of being faithful---did you know--God's name is FAITHFUL?? Revelation 19:11 says that He will be seated on a White Horse and "He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True."

Jesus was faithful and loyal to the task at hand! He didn't get half-way to the cross and then back down! He didn't "Shrink back!!"

Listen to the Apostle Paul's declaration of his faithfulness to the God sized task:

God had said "He will be my spokesman to the Gentiles!"---to which at the end of his mission and life on Earth, Paul could honestly declare in 2Timothy 4:6-7, "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."

1Corinthians 4:1-2 speaks of our faithfulness to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now, just suppose you knew someone who bore every fruit we've talked about! But yet he/she lacked this one particular one??

Suppose you had an "Einstein" working for your company! He/she could really "do" your investing for you! Man, they could really "crunch" the numbers!" But yet, this "all time Genius" couldn't remain faithful to your company! He leaked information to your competitor! She started gossip and rumors that would cost your company millions!----you'd hesitate to name "Mister/Miss Genius" as your company CEO, wouldn't you??

God doesn't count "smartness"---friend, He counts "faithfulness!"

What lies at the end of the road for Believers who prove their faithfulness?? Take a look at Matthew 25:14 and following and you'll receive that answer!!!

For the Believer---the words by Palmer Hartsough ring true as we trust and walk our way to glory!!

I am resolved to follow the Savior
    Faithful and true each day
    Heed what He sayeth, do what He willeth
    He is the Living Way

10. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Thank you Blackbird!

My head deacon usually does the Bible study at Wednesday evening prayer meeting. He was there last night - but did not feel well and did not want to do the study. I knew it in advance - so I made copies of three devotionals from BB.

Mine from Feb 4 - Blackbird's from Feb 3 - and Jim's from Feb 4.

I asked them to identify mine - they easily did - because I had mentioned Glenn Siegrist - a missionary our church supports (dead give-away)! Of course - the fact that mine are based in Romans - and I have been preaching in Romans are our church for about four years - might also have given it away!

Dan

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't Steve Green have an awesome CCM song "Find Us Faithful"? That boy's music often sets me to tears, but remember that one from some years back.

12. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

February 6

The first part of our text looks at the nature of God’s love. First, we saw that it was continuous. God is continually holding out His hands to a people (in our text - it is Israel) who are disobedient to Him.

2. It is compassionate. God’s love is filled with passion for people. His outstretched hands portray compassion. “It is the posture of a parent reaching out to a crying child. It is the gesture of a husband to his wife or a wife to her husband. It is the gesture of Jesus, who reached out to us from the cross.” (Boice)

How do we see God. Scripture tells us that God is spirit - and one cannot see a spirit. But God has given us a complete image of who He is and what He is in His incarnate Son. If we are to know what God’s hands are like, we need only to look at Jesus’ hands, for Jesus told us in John14:9, “... he that hath seen me hath seen the Father.”

What do we see of Jesus’ hands in the gospel? One day a leper approached Jesus. Those who had leprosy were loathsome, feared, and untouchable, but “... Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him” (Matt 8:3). When two blind men asked Jesus for healing, “ ..... [He] touched ... their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you. And their eyes were opened” (Matt 9:29-30). As Peter walked toward the Lord on the raging sea, he looked at the tumultuous waves, lost his faith, and began to sink. “And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?” (Matt 14:31). Jesus put His hands on the little children, “And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them” (Mark 10:16). When Jesus ascended into heaven, “he lifted up his hands, and blessed them” (Luke 24:50). We see Jesus’ hands healing, blessing, and saving. They are truly compassionate hands.

Boice writes, “I am sure also, though the story does not say so explicitly, that the hands of Jesus were stretched out toward Jerusalem when He came to the brow of the hill overlooking that great city and wept over it, saying, ‘If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace – but now it is hidden from your eyes’ (Luke 19:42).”

3. It is costly. “There is one more important thing to see about the outstretched hands of God. They teach us that the love of God is costly – that is, costly to God.” (Boice) What will we see when we gaze upon those hands? The scars of the nails where He was brutally nailed to that Roman cross! Someone has said, “No other god has wounds.” How true that is, for no other god ever paid the price of redemption because of his continuing and compassionate love for mankind, except the God/man – who is Jesus Christ.

“ ... behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation” (2 Cor 6:2). If you have never trusted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life, I beg you to so right now. You have not even been promised the next breath that you are about to draw. And the love that those hands show us right now will one day cast all rejecters into the Lake of Fire. Flee today to those hands of love, do not wait til those hands become the hands of punishment.

In Christ,
    Dan Todd

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, to be touched by those hands!

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

February 7, 2004

The Spirit's Fruit of Meekness
    Galatians 5:22-23

The Old Testament word says that Jesus will be "meek--riding on a donkey!" And let the reader learn that meekness doesn't mean weakness! You think about that donkey--known as a "beast of burden"---it can do things a fine throughbred can't do!! Like . . . carry a load!! Heavy loads!

The word "Meekness" here comes from the Greek word "Prautes"

John MacAuthor says this concerning meekness: "It is that temper of spirit in which we accept His dealings with us as good, and therefore without disputing or resisting. It is that humble and gentle attitude that is patiently submissive in every offense, while being free of any revenge or retribution."

The Greek word Prautes--is used to describe three different attitudes

(1) Submissiveness to the will of God(Colossians 3:12)

(2) Teachableness(James 1:21)

(3) Consideration of others(Ephesians 4:2)

We are told in the word to pursue meekness(1Timothy 6:11)

We are to wear meekness "Like a garment."(Colossians 3:12)

David Jeremiah said, "Meekness means having great power always under control."

My wife's father works at a fossil fuel electric generating plant---I toured the plant with him as my guide---he pointed out a particular pipe running a good length and said, "You see that 6" pipe there? Inside that pipe is dry steam! Its different than the steam you see when water is boiling! That steam inside that pipe is super heated to over 1000 degrees F.! If that pipe breaks while we're standing here by it----the emergency workers will never find us!!! The steam will incenerate us to vapor!!!"

That pipe keeps the super heated steam "under control!" (Boy, was I glad to hear that!!)

The horse's bit in his mouth---keeps the horse under control.

The ship's rudder control's its direction under control.

What keeps us meek??

Jesus said, "I say only those things I hear My Fahter say!"---oftentimes we think, "Well, I say whatever I think!" Friend, aren't you glad that Jesus was meek?? Jesus controlled what He said by listening to His Father!! The more we listen to Jesus---the more meek we become---until we are as meek as He is!! He's the meek-est person in Heaven!!

Listen to these passages on meekness

Numbers 12:3---Moses was very meek.
    Psalm 25--"The meek will He guide."
    Psalm 149:4, "God will beautify the meek."
    Isaiah 29:19, "The meek shall increase their joy."

2Samuel 16:9 says that David was a meek person!
    Jeremiah 26:14 says that Jeremiah was meek.

Think back to the illustration of that electric power plant!!----Those 6" pipes---causes that steam to be subject to the pipe's power to control!! That steam is made "meek" by those pipes! The super heated steam is kept under control by a 6" pipe!! And the end product is 20,000 megawatts of electric power!!

Our tempers can be made "meek" by God!
    Our desires, ambitions, expectations, and emotions can be made meek by God!! Placed in the hand of God---and allowing Him to control---is meekness---Power under control!

Some of us are like Moses at 40 years of age---out of control---there in the land of Egypt---killing a man!!! Forty years later---he came back to Egypt---Meek---Power under control---and led several million Hebrews out of and in to!! Moses was meek when He got in the face of God and let God control every aspect of his life!!! Superheated steam being held in place by a 6" pipe!

All of us as Believers are "superheated steam"---it does no good, though--to be superheated--unless we are controlled by God.

Brother David

15. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Thank you for that lesson in meekness!

Dan

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the least-used virtues on the BB, methinks!

Thanks! :eek:

17. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

February 8

In the first half of our text we saw that God’s love is continuous, compassionate, and costly. In the second half of our text we see that the response is rejection. Two words summarize this rejection:

1. Disobedient. We often think of the gospel as an invitation. Jesus Himself said, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). The Bible ends with an invitation, “And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely” (Revelation 22:17).

In addition to being an invitation, the gospel is also a command. We are commanded to turn from sin to faith in Jesus Christ and to follow Him in obedient discipleship. Paul ended his address on Mars Hill by saying, “Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead” (Acts 17:29-31).

This command was also seen at Pentecost when Peter commanded the people to “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins” (Acts 2:38).

“It is a characteristic of people to labor strenuously to disobey this command. It was that way for Israel, and it is also true for people today. There is nothing we resist so much as a command, no command we resist so much as a command given to us by God, and no command given to us by God that we reject so much as the command to repent and turn to Jesus.” (Boice)

God told Adam and Eve not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but they did. God told Moses to speak to the rock, and he struck it. God through the angels told Lot and his family not to look back, but Mrs. Lot did. God told David through Joab not to number the people, but he did. And we could continue through the Scripture and find many other examples of people disobeying God’s commands. This disobedience continues to our day and will most certainly outlive us.

The first thing set over against the love of God was and is disobedience. Let it be our prayer that we cease our disobedience and become faithful disciples to our God.

In Christ,
    Dan Todd

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks! Eph 5:6 comes to mind, Dan. "Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them."

That's what I WAS, not what I AM. Praise His Name!

19. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Monday, February 9, 2004

The Spirit's Fruit of Self-Control
    Galatians 5:22-23

This is the last of this series on the Spirit's Fruit!! And we are reminded of the way in which this fruit is manifested in our lives as believers---simply by a yieldedness to Him and an obedience to the word from the Word!!! Will you pray that today???

Today we see the fruit of Self-Control!!

The Greek meaning to this word is of "holding in with a firm hand, taking hold of or having under control."

Dr. Jerry Vines says that "the idea here is letting one's appetites, passions and impulses be under control of the Holy Spirit."

This type of "self control" is not you controling the situation at hand---as much as it is God's self control controling you!!

Let me give you a David Crowe translation of all this! Self-control is "God getting a handle on you and refusing to let go!!"

In Mark 5:1-9, 15 we read the story of Jesus' confrontation with the "demon man" of the Gadarenes---making his "Mansion" among the tombstones!!! Jesus came across the Galilean sea to take control!! And if you read the story--He was able to take control of this man's mind!!! Other have tried---and found it like breaking a "buckin' Bronco!!"

Jerry Vines goes on to say that "Self control is really about bringing our whole life under the Holy Spirit's control. It is not the outward result of self-expression but rather the inward result of the Spirit's work."

Its Christ in us!!! Controlling our speech(James 3:6) Controling our thought patterns(2Corinthians 10:5) Controling our sexual desires! Controling our appetites for food--especially when we grow old and our metabolism clocks begin to change!

Its the Lord Jesus controlling every aspect of our life!!

When is this fruit to be evident in our lives?? Well, naturally--at all times!!!! BUT---there are times when tense moments occur in our lives that demand that this fruit be displayed such as:

(1) In the area of tense temptation

Think about the life of David . . .when he lost control if the situation ---- moments before his confrontation with Bathsheba!!! He "lost it" in his mind----before he actually committed the physical act of adultery!!

1Corinthians 10:13 teaches that the avenue(way) of escape of temptation is through self-control!!! I think again about the life of Joseph in the book of Genesis!!! Every step he took---he was taking through self-control---yielded to the Spirit's voice!!! Keeping a "cool head!" even in the middle of hot--hot--temptation!!

(2) When someone misuses you!! Without the fruit of self control---we would move into the area of anger, bitterness, resentment, and hatred!!!

How do we manifest this fruit??? Well, we have to be like ole John the Baptist---and his motto!!! What was his motto??? "He(Jesus)must increase! I(you and me) must decrease!!"(emphasis is mine)----more of Jesus in us and less of us in us---means display of this self-control!!!

20. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Thank you David.

God Bless

Sheila