1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #103

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sue - I'm running out but google "Woman's Day Make-Ahead Gravy" and it will be the first one up. It's really quite easy but a bit time consuming - you take 3-4 lbs. of turkey wings (I got only 2 for that weight), and 2 onions quartered and put them in a roasting pan, baking them for an hour and 15 minutes. Then you put them in a pot with 6 cups of chicken broth, 3/4 cup chopped carrots, thyme, salt, pepper and a cup of water that you put in the roasting pan to scrape up all the little bits. You boil this for an hour and a half and then that's all I got done yesterday. Tomorrow morning, I'll put flour in another 2 cups of chicken broth, add it along with butter and I can't remember what else and then heat it up. It makes a lot of gravy and it's absolutely delicious gravy!! Just like if you make it fresh - but it makes way more than you could normally. :D

OK - I'm off to take DS to the dentist for a filling. :( I'll post again later.

Ann

2. preacher

preacher New Member

Howdy,
    Just talked to my wittle wife & they made it to Asheville OK, BH is in her box asleep & I'm ALL ALONE!!!! THis ain't right!!!!.....but don't tell Agee...she'll worry! In 7 yrs.(almost) of marraige we just ain't been apart much. It's hard when my Honey ain't here to fuss...er...have a conversation with! I'm really glad she's gettin to see her family....but I miss my Honey!!!!!

3. preacher

preacher New Member

Good Mornin!!
    BH here, Preachers doin papers sos I snook outta my cage!! I just wanted to tell folks Happy Thanksgiving.
    Also wanted to tell ya what I'm thankful fer....I'm thankful I ain't a Turkey!!
    Ya'll have a Blessed Day Now,....Hear?!!
    BH,...the original pizza lovin squirrel!!

4. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving all! [​IMG]

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]

May your day be filled with good food and even better fellowship!

§ue [​IMG]

6. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A blessed Thanksgiving to all!
    Relax, enjoy, and take inventory of all the good things God has given!:godisgood:

7. deenville

deenville New Member

:wavey: We in America have sooooo much to be thankful for: freedom to worship as we please, live where we want, pick the job we want, can move about freely, express our opinions about public officials as long as it is not slander, enjoy our family.

I think being an American is great, and being a Christian is the greatest.:love2:

WOW. We are very fornuate in America.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Deenville:godisgood:

8. preacher

preacher New Member

Welcome to the Coffee House Deenville, & Happy Thanksgiving!! You are right too...we are doubly blessed!!
    Scout around & you'll proably find some pies or somting good on the counter or in the fridge!! Have all ya want...virtual food don't fill ya up too much!! Just watch it if ya have pecan pie & see a squirrel over in the corner in the rocker...her name is BH & she LOVES pecans!!!

9. I Am Blessed 24

Welcome to the Coffee House deenville! You are right. We have much to be thankful for, not only today, but every day.

Right now I am thankful I can take a nap! Dinner is over and everyone is as stuffed as the turkey was an hour ago...

HAGD all!
    §ue :sleep:

10. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

We are having a nice quiet day. :D Okay, we are having a nice quiet afternoon! The morning was spent watching the Macy's parade, cooking and washing more loads of dishes than I can count. And, there's another load still in the kitchen.

Those will have to wait until my food settles and since I am still eating (seconds or thirds?), they'll have to wait a while. When I get tired of eating chicken and dressing (this is a dish not a stuffed chicken), there is a fresh pot of coffee perking and four desserts waiting. Then later this evening we are headed to my parents for more dessert. (can you say "big as the side of the house? :laugh: )

Welcome Deenville! Virtual leftovers can be found in the Coffee House fridge!

Hey, where's FoG? I haven't seen him check in yet. Probably still cooking and delivering those turkeys. Let us know how it went, Rob.

11. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Evening Everybody,

Yes, the meals went fine today. Like they say " I love it when a plan comes together".

There was just one little hitch - I fell asleep in the middle of our Family Thanksgiving meal! I have never been so embrassed in my life!! My Family got a big laugh out of it. Figures.

Somebody trying to tell me I'm not 25 anymore? At least the people who needed the meals got them. I guess I can take a little ribbing, as long as the meals got done, and were delivered.

Now I can start over for Christmas dinners to be prepared, and delivered. There will be the same number of meals [and maybe more as the need is necessary], and the plan will be the same.

I won't say that I brought anything in to the Coffeehouse to eat; but, I did bring in Pepto-Bismol, Mylanta, and Gas-X. Feel free to help yourselves.

All kidding aside, I wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all my brothers and sisters in Christ. Please remember then when I count my blessings - You are near the very top. :thumbs: :wavey:

Now, if nobody minds, this burned-out old cook is going to bed. :sleep:

#251 Friend of God, Nov 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2006
  12. I Am Blessed 24

Sounds like everyone had their 'fill' yesterday (pun intended).

Good morning all,

I am watching the millions of people (on TV) that got up at 3:00 this morning to be at the doors of their favorite store when it opened at 5:00 this morning. IMO, these people are crazy! In Detroit, there were so many traffic jams, cars could not even move!

At our local Wal-Mart last week, 10 people 'camped out' in tents all night in the parking lot to wrestle for the THREE PS3 game systems the store would sell to the first 3 people who fought their way in that morning. These were selling for $600.00! Crazy, I tell ya!

I'm sure glad all my Christmas shopping is done and will be wrapped and under the tree by next week! I love online shopping!

I'm making potato pancakes for breakfast, to go with our bacon and eggs.

Time for coffee!
    §ue

13. menageriekeeper

Not me! You won't catch me out shopping today! Well, not for Christmas anyway. I do have to go out, but what I need is not on sale! :(

I have to have a third gallon of primer to go on the walls of Cassie's room. I'm just amazed at much this room is taking. I knew the paint was awful but........

Gotta go.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I'm back from shopping and surprisingly enough, DH went with me!! I'm shocked since he literally gets ill when shopping! LOL! He was quite good today because we went to individual stores that usually had something 'fun' nearby - Target had Guitar Center (DH is a musician), Old Navy had Home Depot (he bought a great set to go with his cordless drill for $15), Bed, Bath and Beyond had Circuit City and then he took me out to lunch!! It was a nice time.

But then we came home and DS (6) had taken a nap (NEVER does) and he had a 100.5 fever - which means this cough that he's had is turning into something. :( The pediatrician's office is closed so I'll take him first thing tomorrow. I hope he can make it through the night OK - I'm going to get some cough medicine for him if I don't have any in the cabinet.

So, it's a beautiful day so we're going to try to get the kids outside - even sickie boy - just to get some fresh air. Have a great day all!!

Ann

15. menageriekeeper

Gasp! How can a mother be out of cough syrup? :D

Nah, just kidding. I have a pitiful one here too. She's got just a tad of fever too, but I'm not going to the doc till it reaches 101 and stays there for a day. Luckily fever here does not equal infection anymore.

Right now I'm proving Sue wrong. I have not had my fill! The solution is a second nice plateful of yesterday's leftovers. MMMmmmmmmmm!

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I just checked and we have no worries. I have no less than 4 bottles of dextromethoraphan!! Yeah!! Just gave him some and I hope it helps him out for today. What I AM short of is children's decongestant since DD (3) has had a cold for a week and I give it to her each night before bed to help her be able to suck her little thumb. ;)

I usually let fevers go if there are no other symptoms but Robby has had cold/allergy symptoms for over a week now and I'm sure he either has bronchitis or pneumonia. With him deciding NOT to go with DH to the boat, I knew he was really sick.....

17. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats what I get for reading your posts, Ann & Cindi. I came down with the flu late last night, and have been fighting it all day. Not really,but I have to blame somebody and since you both are entertaining the pesky little bugs too. LOL.

So tonight everybody can have leftovers, or cereal, or whatever makes them happy. They might need me to identify what is in the 'fridge, but not to stick it in the microwave, and press cook for them[just my luck they'll put cereal in the microwave]. :BangHead: There is no question here, if I'm too sick to cook then I'm really sick.

My Wife, not too tactfully either, reminded me, in her opinion, I'm trying to do too too much with the holiday dinners. Why is it that Wives are so good with positive re-enforcement like that?

Funny though, I don't hear her complaining about my cooking the rest of the year. She readily admits that she is not a good cook[I'm not either-people just tolerate my attempts at cooking], but she's my biggest fan when I do cook. I hate to think where I'd be without her though.

It's time to try and get some sleep.

#257 Friend of God, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2006
  18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, gosh!! I'm sorry you're not well!! THAT'S why you fell asleep yesterday - that's how we knew Robby was definately sick. Well, take it easy - I wish I could bring over some chicken soup for you (well, turkey stock is simmering right now - I'd have to get some chicken out to make chicken soup). Make sure you drink lots of fluids and if you think it's the actual flu, call your doctor and get on Tamiflu - it REALLY works!!

Ann

19. menageriekeeper

Ha! I knew you had some cough syrup! It's a mother thing! :laugh:

We may have to share some of our stock with Rob(FoG is Rob, too), though. Sounds like he doesn't feel too good.

I'm finally finished putting primer on Cassie's walls. Had to use two coats to get them nice and smooth. Tomorrow it'll be ready for some color. Finally. It's going to be next weekend before we can get to the flooring.

20. I Am Blessed 24

Nuh uh! I just meant for yesterday. I had a plate of leftovers for lunch today and another plate for supper tonight! :smilewinkgrin:

Guess what we're having tomorrow (again)? :laugh:

I love holiday food. That's why I always have a mock Thanksgiving along about June or July every year. :applause:

A Monk marathon is on this evening, so I'm into hot cocoa and TV.

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

P.S. Praying everyone will feel better real soon. I thought I was coming down with a bout of Bronchitis last night, but I feel fine today. PTL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.