COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #61

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Oct 18, 2004.

1. corinne New Member

Hi Connie and welcome to the Coffee House. We hope you'll come back often. Help yourself to the tea and biscuits!

(I removed the link (per BB rules) from your post, but you have it in your profile so people will still be able to find it.)

Thanks!
    §ue

[ October 28, 2004, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: I Am Blessed 16 ]

2. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

I put most of my info about Brent and Pastor Bob on the last post of Page 8.

I don't have much to add except Brent and I will be leaving for the hospital in Springfield soon.

I will post when we get back to Lincoln and he is settled all comfortably on the sofa.

The staff said we should be able to leave the hospital around 3:00 p.m., so I'm not sure when we will be back.

It depends on how HUNGRY he is and IF he can eat and keep it down...

He wants a drink of water REALLY bad - he cannot even brush his teeth!

Pray for us,
    §ue (taking my afghan to work on while I'm waiting and praying)

3. dianetavegia Guest

Good Morning Corinne and Sue!

Corinne! Welcome to the Coffee House. We just chat and sometimes talk outloud here. We also have become dear friends and are happy to have a new friend!

Sue, my family will pray for Brent now and then remember you both during the day. God is so good to us, isn't He? What a joy Brent and Nick have been in our lives! Our Father doesn't give us good gifts and then take them away in spite.... I know He's using these boys for His good, for OUR good and working some mighty miracle that we might not even live to see!

Drive safe and let us know how he is when you can.

Diane

4. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy. Praying for Brent and for all. 33F and bright sunshine burning away a haze/fog this morning and will be in the 60's later.

Looks like a walk is in order!

5. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hi all:

Just got back home. It is 3:40 p.m. Brent is not feeling well at all...

The surgery was a success, but ran into complications and took longer than planned. He has THREE incisions instead of ONE and he is VERY swollen and sore.

I had to get one of the men from the church to come and carry him in the house. He cannot even walk!

I am giving him Tylenol with codeine, per doctor's orders, he has a splitting headache. Mostly though, he is just very, very, sore. We are doing the ice pack thing.

No more time to post right now. Will try to get back later.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

§ue (Grandma to a little 'trooper')

6. Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poor dear! Hopefully he will just sleep through the worst of it. May the Lord grant him blissful sleep and a quick recovery.

7. Gayla New Member

Amen

8. dianetavegia Guest

Oh Sue, I'm sorry to hear it was more difficult but am glad he's all fixed up now. I know he'll be very sore for a while. OUCH!

Diane

9. TaterTot Guest

Poor fella! But at least its behind him now.

My mother came to town today. We havent seen her since August. So the kids are entertained (they only want HER to take them to potty, fix their plates, etc) and life is good. I got my coffee right here beside me (decaf) and had a nice long hot bath. Aaaah.

10. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

I let Brent sleep with me last night so I would wake up if he needed me. He still couldn't get up off the couch by himself at the time we went to bed. I still had to help him walk.

Actually, he slept much better than I thought he would. He had to sleep on his back (which he never does) and he would wake up when he tried to turn over in his sleep, say "ouch" and go back to sleep. He is being so brave about this!

I changed one of his dressings last night and it was stll bleeding slightly. I am hoping he feels much better today.

It is hard for him to wear pajamas (or any kind of pants). If he pulls them UP, to get the waistband above the incision on his abdomen, it hurts the bottom incisions and if he pulls them DOWN to get them off of the bottom incisions, the waistband is on the incision on his abdomen! :confused:

I told him he could just wear his bathrobe today. No one will be here but us 'chickens'. :rolleyes:

Cruising until Brent wakes up,
    §ue

11. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy and G'morning to each brother and sister!

Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.

That's my job today. Praising the work of God to YOU!

12. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Brent ate a HUGE breakfast this morning and is actually walking by himself! He is walking very slowly and, somewhat awkwardly, but he is on his own again! PTL!

He is still having pain from the swelling and incisions, and cannot bend over yet, but I just gave him some Tylenol with codeine and am hoping he takes a nap.

HAGD!
    §ue

13. Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good to hear the little guy is doing a bit better. Kids heal so fast!

14. dianetavegia Guest

Ouch again Sue! Just wanting to make sure the surgery repaired all the problems??? I'm also surprised he had to have so many incisions. I guess it's better you didn't know that ahead of time. Hope he's much better soon.

15. dianetavegia Guest

Well a phone call from my mother will probably ruin any sleep I had planned for tonight. I should air mail her to anyone who likes strong women and they'll quickly change their mind. UG

Praying for Gina and all those who are ill in her building, Brent to heal quickly and for his pain to lessen, Lenke... and her arm (I have not seen an update and am concerned), Tony that all his tests come back okay but that doctors can find the source of bleeding, Dr. Bob who waits for the other results but has some unsettling results about his liver, Gib and his ongoing needs....

Would you please pray for me? I'm overwhelmed right now with our usual needs and then dealing with an ugly phone call from my mother. (Yes I was very polite and respectful even tho she had me in tears within minutes.)

1 Corinthians 4:2 Now, a person who is put in charge as a manager must be faithful. 3 What about me? Have I been faithful? Well, it matters very little what you or anyone else thinks. I don't even trust my own judgment on this point. 4 My conscience is clear, but that isn't what matters. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide.

16. TaterTot Guest

Howdy - Diane, I am sorry you have had a bad evening. That stinks. I am proud that you were nice to her.
    I havent read of Dr. Bob's news, I'll look around and see where it is.
    Glad Brent is better. He's gonna be a new man in a few days.
    Hubby and I had a "date" tonight since grandma is still here. It was nice. We went to the mall to walk around, went to eat, then to Wal Mart (weird w/o the kids!)and to visit some church folks on the way home.
    I have been working on stuff foe our Hallelujah Hoedown the rest of the evening until now.
    Anyone live near San Antonio, TX? WE'll be going there soon for a meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society. (Actually, hubby HAS and wants to go, kiddos and I are just going along for the ride. Literally. We are a one car family now, and it wont cost much more if we are with him. He doesnt want to leave us w/o a vehicle, and we really cant afford a rental car.
    So thats whats going on here!
    Good night, all!
    Tater

17. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

Hubby and I did the papers this morning and will do so again tomorrow morning. The doctor doesn't want Brent to do them for two weeks because of getting in and out of the car so much. He can ride in the car while I do them Mon-Fri, but he cannot help...

Brent is still sleeping, but was feeling much better last night. I noticed, this morning, he is sleeping on his side...that is an improvement!

Need to play 'catch-up' on things I've neglected since Thursday. Then just gonna spend time with Brent.

Cruising,
    §ue (night sweats had me waking up every 45 minutes all night)

18. dianetavegia Guest

Hi Sue, I was up just after 4 and thought of you and the papers. I got just over 4 hours sleep and now have a pounding headache! I thought if I turned on some old b/w t.v. shows and laid on the sofa I might doze back off but no such luck.

Tomorrow is high attendance day for Sunday School. I'm taking some cupcakes for our class. Nick's in a puppet play in both the 8:30 and 11:00 services too. He has to be at church by 8:10.

Tomorrow night is our Fall Festival at church. Jim and I are running one room by ourselves. I still don't know if it's the 'putting green' or 'ring toss' but either is fine.

Gonna need a nap today!

Diane

19. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning Diane:

Tomorrow is High Attendance Sunday at our church too, but I'm not taking a chance on Brent being 'jostled' so we are staying home. He can't sit in a chair that long at a time yet anyway...

Hubby and I were 'on the road' when you got up. LOL. He doesn't like doing the papers at all, but would take me forever to do them in the dark on Sat & Sun. I can handle the week-days by myself 'cause I can see where I'm going. :D

I am DEFINITELY gonna have to sneak in a nap sometime today...

20. dianetavegia Guest

HI Sue, I think I'll get out the patterns and go through the material I already have to see which puppets I can being to make for our grandchildren for Christmas. Maybe that'll get my mind off other things.

I'm going to put some things on Ebay today too. Seems like the weekend and nights are the best time for items to end.

I'm so glad we GAIN an hour tonight instead of losing an hour!