COMMON-ground?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Jul 24, 2011.

1. preacher4truth Active Member

Actually, in context, you went off on this that I said, representing actual persons on the BB. Now you pretend this to not be the case.

Of course, this is how you roll. Changing contexts at will, twisting, misrepresenting, accusing. :)

You accused me of stating that those on here (The BB) whom I referred to specifically in context, to whom you specifically in context "protected", are saving themselves.

Something only you said, not me.

Let's get an apology in context, shall we?

:wavey:

2. humblethinker Active Member

If that is the case then I truly don't understand what you meant when you answered his questions the way you did. Wuld you answer this question: What do you mean by "Take it up with God."?

3. preacher4truth Active Member

I've already explained that. Look back and perhaps ponder upon it and give the benefit of the doubt? Perhaps pretending my theology exactly as yours may help? :)

4. JesusFan Well-Known Member

God "obligated" Himself to indeed save all of those who place faith in Jesus, and He allowed them to fulfill this requirement of faith by providing it as part of His free Gift to the Elect in Christ jesus...

he applied to them enabling/saving Grace, and thus they can than respond by faith and meet the "requirements" of God!

5. quantumfaith Active Member

I am sure you have heard the phrase...."You took the words right out of my mouth", but you were so much more eloquent. Thanks Humble.

6. JesusFan Well-Known Member

Even though in JUST doctrine of Sotierology, would adhere to DoG as better way to understand it than say Arminian theology..

Would say that ALL true Christians would be involved in preaching/teaching same jesus/same Gospel, just one has a "more Biblical" approach to it...

Again though...

I must take what the Inspired word of God states on all doctrines as being infallible, NOT my preferred system theology of choice to interprete it!

7. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and this qualifies your use of "carnal" not the cute definition you supplied.

8. Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

That presumes that there are people here on the BB who believe that fallen man are "pretty good fellers" who "seek God" on their own. As soon as you can find me someone who affirms that they believe that here on the BB I will concede that I was wrong.

Plus, can you explain how else we are to take the comment, "they went to the polls, an via free-will voted for God, all on their own goodness and ability?"

Were they casting a vote for God in a non-saving way? :confused:

9. preacher4truth Active Member

You'll need to answer that one for yourself. :thumbsup:

10. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you heard Him wrong .... It was probably "I love John MacArthur, BUT..." ;)

11. humblethinker Active Member

ok, here goes:

It seems you are trying to obfuscate the matter by asking me to "look back", ponder, pretend. There's the discussion above for your reference. Now, what does "pretending my theology exactly as yours" have to do with your replies? As a reasonable person would be able to see, your claim that you have explained yourself explains nothing! I still challenge you with this:
    If that is the case then I truly don't understand what you meant when you answered his questions the way you did. Would you answer this question: What do you mean by "Take it up with God."?

12. Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Oh, is this going to be your new default for when you can't answer arguments? I like it. It shows me when you've been sufficiently silenced. :thumbsup:

13. JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that IF you state that you can "co operate" with God in getting yourself saved, that you possess enough "inate goodness" to be able to freely accept based upon yourself making the decision totally w/o God sdoing 'anything" other than giving you the Gospel message, is what is referring to hear!

14. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ive said this before, Im technically not a Calvinist so how would I answer that question. Plus I think he is saying I'm covering for you Preach. Heck, you can take care of yourself, right.

15. preacher4truth Active Member

Not at all. You need to come to your own conclusion.

Thus, you're the one who is silenced. :thumbsup:

16. quantumfaith Active Member

I am rubber you are glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you. :)

17. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is his saving done prior to salvation or after? I think your saying prior to....just want to clarify.

ya know what JF...dont answer the question ....its getting kinda sticky around this thread anyway....Im bouncing on out a here....lol

18. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Oh Oh ..... your killing me Dave:laugh: Thats a belly laugh right there bro.ROFL

19. JesusFan Well-Known Member

God and His divine election of His own was before we placed our faith in Jesus, the faith placed in Jesus is moment we became "saved"...

20. preacher4truth Active Member

Already did that. You refuse to believe.

Don't be so uptight. I gave you the reason why I said it.